Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689655
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Soldiers of Napoleon - Rule Questions  (Read 727 times)

Offline FeinkostBarbar

• Lurker
Soldiers of Napoleon - Rule Questions
« on: December 23, 2022, 07:10:13 AM »
Hi everybody,

after finishing my core army of British 15mm Warlord Games Epic miniatures I started to compile a summary of the SoN rules in order to prepare for an overview video of the rules for a friend of mine (and me).

One thing I stumbled over is the movement of the divisional commander (as well as, corps and army commanders). I was not able to find any rule for this part in the rulebook and didn't found anything on the internet so far. Since this forum is one of the site I found where SoN is at least a topic I decided to ask here.
So, can anybody explain me when and how the divisional commander is moved? And where I can actually find the rules in the rulebook? For corps and army commanders I assume that they do not move at all (with the exception of being "At risk") and are just deployed as described. Am I wrong? For the divisional commander I couldn't find a specific deployment rule...

Some more minor questions:
1) I guess the "Deploy Skirmishers" description for taking place together with the Manouevre action is incorrect and it should be done during a "Change Formation" action as described in the Actions overview, isn't it? Do I interpret the rule correctly, that I can change the formation of the battalion and *in addition* can deploy or recall the skirmishers? (I am not a native English speaker, so I am not sure to get all the nuances of the semantics correctly)
2) "At risk"... I already read the blog post of olicana to find the first clarification regarding the loose of the Action Card only being applied after a failed role. What I still find irritating is that the example turn document you can find at GP for example reads more like that the "At risk" condition is *only* checked for in the end phase what clearly contradicts the rules in book. Do I give this overview document to much meaning or was there somewhere a change in the rules which didn't make it in the book? However, I will surely use a house rule here and wan't bother with keeping track of this during the turn and resolve it in the end phase then.

Thanks in advance to everybody offering help. And I have the feeling that this won't be the only questions I will pose  :)