Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686618
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Late Medieval Gewalthaufen Miniatures Kickstarter [COMMERCIAL]  (Read 23630 times)

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
Late Medieval Gewalthaufen Miniatures Kickstarter [COMMERCIAL]
« on: November 29, 2022, 12:49:10 AM »
Hello,

I started a Kickstarter about Late Medieval Gewalthaufen Miniatures. It contains 135 Heads and 62 Bodies which are interchangable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlymJb7aKdg

You can choose between STL files or physical prints  in case you dont have a 3d printer.

The Link is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/357629791/late-medieval-gewalthaufen
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 12:02:29 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Re: Late Medieval Gewalthaufen Miniatures Kickstarter [Commerical]
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 06:07:42 AM »
Holy hell, this looks interesting!

I'm off to follow the link right away....

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 11:19:03 AM »
These look incredible - well done :o :-*

Unfortunately, as a tech-phobe I'm not digital-printing enabled (;)), and the costs of the physical prints for all the pikemen, all the skirmishers, or all the figures, feel quite high?
With a brand new, unfamiliar product, it may be quite a big ask for people get involved with prices that start at eu. 110.
I wonder if a set containing a smaller selection of printed figures might be a worthwhile option to add? (I'd happily pledge for a small mixed set of pikemen, crossbowmen, handgunners and a selection of helmets, say 15 - 20 figures).
Just a thought.
But you can't please all the people all the time, that's for certain  :)

But they look great. I wish you every success with it.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 01:14:59 PM »
Great looking STLs. I don't have a printer but I shared it with a few friends who do. It might be their thing.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 11:09:45 PM »
Hi guys,
thanks alot for the intrest, just came home from work.
I had to break off the kickstarter.

i think i made four big mistakes.

first i didnt made any commerical before the kickstarter started
second i didnt painted up miniatures so all the details and folds in the clothes were not able to see.
third i didnt took high quality pictures of induividual miniatures. Only group photos
and fourth mistake was to start it in november after the black friday week and beginning of december where projects on kickstarter are lacking in sucess in general because of holidays.

i worked on the models nearly a year and put very much effort in it. but when it came to represent them i lacked patience.

i will overwork the representation and will start it in february again. I will post updates here frequently :)

These look incredible - well done :o :-*

Unfortunately, as a tech-phobe I'm not digital-printing enabled (;)), and the costs of the physical prints for all the pikemen, all the skirmishers, or all the figures, feel quite high?
With a brand new, unfamiliar product, it may be quite a big ask for people get involved with prices that start at eu. 110.
I wonder if a set containing a smaller selection of printed figures might be a worthwhile option to add? (I'd happily pledge for a small mixed set of pikemen, crossbowmen, handgunners and a selection of helmets, say 15 - 20 figures).
Just a thought.
But you can't please all the people all the time, that's for certain  :)

But they look great. I wish you every success with it.
Thank you very much in the constructive criticism. that is very useful and exactly what i need. i calculated everything and i decided that is is the lowest rate i go. i calculated time, power, gas, resin, paper towels, isopropanol, protective gear, cleaning utensilities, and postage which was included in the physical pledges. thats why i looks high. but the production cost are not low aswell.

Great looking STLs. I don't have a printer but I shared it with a few friends who do. It might be their thing.

Thank you alot! very much apreciated! :)

I will post updates regulary here. And it will defenatly going to be another go.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:02:58 AM by GulKelan »

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 12:46:57 AM »
Hi guys,
thanks alot for the intrest, just came home from work.
I had to break off the kickstarter.

i think i made four big mistakes.

Oh, that's a shame!
But I understand what you're saying. The kickstarter looked good, but it would look even better with closeups of each figure and painted examples! I am perfectly happy to wait til February.

Anyway the figures look great. A good range of dedicated Swiss sculpts is actually a surprising gap in the market - the Foundry ones are looking quite dated now. Sure, you can make pikemen from the Perry plastics and give them Swiss-looking heads, but they don't really have the right sort of armour and clothing, and the metal range that accompanies them is rather limited. So a new range is very welcome!

Personally I would be very interested in getting hold of them and will certainly back it when it goes live again, though my use for them would be more for mixing in with other ranges (mostly Perry) and conversions. The separate heads is a great idea, and WOW, 135 different ones? That's amazing! I'm particularly keen to get lots of new handgunner poses.

Can I ask why they are all completely unarmoured, as far as I can see? No mail or plate in sight.... I'm hoping the answer is that you are planning to do another range of armoured Swiss if this one sells well ; ) I would definitely be much more interested in using them en-masse as they are if half of them were armoured, and them all being in more or less the same clothing is one thing which gives me pause for thought....

I look forward to seeing them back again when you're ready, and please do keep us updated along the way! Some painted examples in this thread will certainly stir up some more interest.

Just a thought.

i calculated everything and i decided that is is the lowest rate i go. i calculated time, power, gas, resin, paper towels, isopropanol, protective gear, cleaning utensilities, and postage which was included in the physical pledges. thats why i looks high. but the production cost are not low aswell.

I definitely agree that offering an option for a smaller selection would be a good idea. Even keeping the price per figure the same. I for example would like some pikemen, handgunners and crossbowmen, but to get all three types of physical models I would have to be pledging €185.  I'd be much more likely to pledge an appropriate ammount for say, 10 pikemen, 10 crossbowmen and 10 handgunners together. And if I like them, I'd buy more of the range further down the line when they see general release!
Perhaps you could split the figures all up into packs of say 6 figures, and allow people to select which packs they want when they pledge? So for example they can choose the pledge level that gets them 4 packs, and they can request say "pikemen pack 1", "pikeman pack 5", "crossbows pack 2" and "handgunners pack 4".

I imagine most people on this forum would be more interested in the physical models than the STL files, and perhaps if they misunderstood and thought they were only STL files they would pass?

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 10:02:15 AM »
Anyway the figures look great. A good range of dedicated Swiss sculpts is actually a surprising gap in the market

exactly this was my thinking. in the beginning i just sculped them for myself to have an swiss force against my burgundian army.
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=128277.0
then i realised that others would be intrested in them aswell.

Personally I would be very interested in getting hold of them and will certainly back it when it goes live again, though my use for them would be more for mixing in with other ranges (mostly Perry) and conversions. The separate heads is a great idea, and WOW, 135 different ones? That's amazing! I'm particularly keen to get lots of new handgunner poses.

Yes, indeed. 135 different heads. many of them i sculped with beards and feathers because swiss were famous for them.
And damn i printed the heads like 4-5 times with differen size tweaks, to get the size perfectly right to match with perry plastics.

Can I ask why they are all completely unarmoured, as far as I can see? No mail or plate in sight.... I'm hoping the answer is that you are planning to do another range of armoured Swiss if this one sells well ; ) I would definitely be much more interested in using them en-masse as they are if half of them were armoured, and them all being in more or less the same clothing is one thing which gives me pause for thought....

yes, indeed i plan to sculpt armour part aswell. the second kickstarted i have in mind are pikemen crossbowmen and hundgunners in partly armored and completly armored (more protected, armored and heavy armored handgunners, crossbowmen and of course pike- and billmen.).
this however i want to do not half way, but do it right.. thats why i first concentraded on unarmored vorhut miniatures.

i have many books about armor at home. especially i love the books from tobias capwell (armor of the english knights)
plan in the future is also to sculpt english armor lords in the exact armors they were buried in on the burial sites in the churches.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:18:42 AM by GulKelan »

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 05:59:48 PM »
yes, indeed i plan to sculpt armour part aswell. the second kickstarted i have in mind are pikemen crossbowmen and hundgunners in partly armored and completly armored (more protected, armored and heavy armored handgunners, crossbowmen and of course pike- and billmen.).
this however i want to do not half way, but do it right.. thats why i first concentraded on unarmored vorhut miniatures.

Perfect!

You should probably make that clear when the kickstarter goes live again, that this is part 1 and the armoured swiss will come next!

Online Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 07:24:37 PM »
Just going to say that I, also printer-less, would probably be interested in physical sets of heads and possibly some skirmish packs of full models.

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 09:32:00 PM »
Perfect!

You should probably make that clear when the kickstarter goes live again, that this is part 1 and the armoured swiss will come next!

yes, u re right! i was also thinking about that before i started the kickstarter but then decided to keep it short. next time i am gonna take it in.

Thanks Charlie

i hope this work https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/357629791/late-medieval-gewalthaufen

will try. the problem are the xtream shipping coasts. tracked package 30€ and without tracking 20€ from germ any to uk...

but i am sure that some uk based print farms are intrested when the kickstarter goes life
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 09:36:02 PM by GulKelan »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 12:16:48 PM »
Simon (GulKelan) kindly sent me a sizeable batch of these figures to tempt me into painting a few  :D

So I've painted a few, and will now paint quite a few more, because I really like them a lot.

Here's a sample:

You can see more pics of the first batch on my long-running Wars of The Roses thread here:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=40936.2235

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2023, 02:47:56 PM »
When I saw the kickstarter pictures, I thought they didn't look good. I was mistaken! Now I see what Captain Blood has done and with proper pictures, I can only say that I was wrong. They look beautiful!

I just saw you cancelled the KS?

If you put up again in the future, or put the stls on sale somewhere else. I will certainly buy them.

Edit: Just read the posts above Captain Blood his beautiful painted mini's. I am in for the february KS!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:51:05 PM by Tonhel »

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 08:46:46 AM »
Glad to hear that you like them now. :)
I plan alot more minis for the future...

Offline Wiegraf

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 08:59:15 AM »
Interested to see where these head and a revival of the Kickstarter. :)