Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 661
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan releases 15mm British Zulu War generals (AD)  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan releases 15mm British Zulu War generals (AD)
« on: November 29, 2022, 05:26:19 AM »
Khurasan Miniatures is pleased to release Chelmsford and Wood for our 15mm 1879 Zulu War range:
https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/late-nineteenth-century.html

Wood is both mounted and on foot in the set.

Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Online marco55

• Mastermind
Re: Khurasan releases 15mm British Zulu War generals (AD)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 01:29:56 PM »
They look very nice.
Mark

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 02:47:38 PM »
Which, of course, brings up the question of how long before King Cetshwayo (sp?) makes his appearance?

I have no need for any new figures at all (except for the African animals and Belgians and Portuguese from QRF - pending - to complete my German East Africa collection) but I am sorely tempted by this little range.  The challenge is I have no interest in gaming the Zulu War - but I could incorporate them into my already large (and being painted now - by me) Slightly Cracked Colonials set-up (period of African exploration).

Yes, exceptionally nice figures - and paint jobs.

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 06:28:00 PM »
Magnificent! Masterful brushwork!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »
Which, of course, brings up the question of how long before King Cetshwayo (sp?) makes his appearance?

I have no need for any new figures at all (except for the African animals and Belgians and Portuguese from QRF - pending - to complete my German East Africa collection) but I am sorely tempted by this little range.  The challenge is I have no interest in gaming the Zulu War - but I could incorporate them into my already large (and being painted now - by me) Slightly Cracked Colonials set-up (period of African exploration).

Yes, exceptionally nice figures - and paint jobs.

Thanks for the kind words. I find the Zulu War fascinating. Of all the native forces who fought in (largely) traditional manner, the Zulus were the deadliest. Amazing that they won a battle against a large concentrated force of British!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 06:54:23 PM »
Well, that's just it, they didn't win a battle against a consolidated British position but against a poorly and far too widely deployed British army at Islandwhana.  I believe Khambula was the only other battle where the Zulus came anywhere close to a victory.  Maybe won some smaller skirmishes.  But the mass of the "battles" were little more than mass murder as the vastly superior British weaponry mowed down, quite literally, the incredibly brave Zulu warriors.  That is why I don't game - but have played with other's collections in the past - the conflict.

However, as I've often stated, the uniform of the 24th at the time may very well be my favorite uniform of all time, it is very striking.  That alone is reason enough to paint up a unit.  Afraid what few Zulus I have will just be "also rans" for my Slightly Cracked Colonials - and very far at the back end of the painting line.