Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690820
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A long time ago…..Digitalis  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
A long time ago…..Digitalis
« on: March 06, 2023, 05:29:41 PM »

Yup, I fancy painting a few Star Wars mins as I had been gripped since the first film was released when I was a young lad.    This won’t be a big project, and I’m unsure yet whether to use Star Wars Legion, or perhaps FFoL Galactic Heroes, but I am looking to restrict it to the jungle planet of Digitalis.    Why?   Because I already have the jungle scenery for one, and secondly, I don’t want to be distracted by shiny beckoning models depicting other arenas!

Timeline is set somewhere after the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK as that was my favourite.    Yoda has dispatched Luke and Chewy to support the Rebels there in their quest to disrupt operations, trying to buy time….

Anyway, I have ordered a few models including the Legion starter set, some Imperial Scouts and a few other models, enough for me to scratch the itch with anyway.  There are some beautiful resin prints about too, so I will add a few bits about them.    Hopefully I will find a few droids.

In the meantime, I received this bunker.   Just like the one featured on the Forrest moon of Endor, this will sit neatly in the middle of my jungle and no doubt feature in a few skirmishes.  In time, I will add an AT-ST, and I’m looking at trying to recreate the x wing in a swamp which of course features in ESB.   There are some cheap model 1:50 x wings out there…

I will figure out how I want it painting, then add a few jungle vines and creepers to set it in place…

« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 06:11:12 PM by Digits »

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
Re: A long time ago…..Digitalis
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 06:05:20 PM »
Use the force Digits.

I notice that the lights come on inside the bunker, once the door is opened.
I have a fridge like that  lol

Good luck with your mission.
Flatpack

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:05:25 PM »
David, I have 'stuff' in my 'stock'
Including two Millennium Falcons (in bits) & maybe some bits of an X wing.
Interested?

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 10:01:40 PM »
Sure if they are the right scale Pete, please send me picks of what you have?  Cheers

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 01:53:41 AM »
Well, let's see.  Love the name of your planet, Digitalis.  Cool.  Expect lots of fun stuff to show up in this thread.

And here is a link to some neat Star Warsian 3D print stuff: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigFatChefsCustoms?page=4#items. That stuff is mostly Legion scale so should fit in with your plans.

And you might suspect I was being nice in sharing the site with you - working with owner to try to get some items in 15 mm, in process.  But what I am really doing is "Punishing" you for lack of forward progress on your Pulp set-to that seems abandoned, oh, Butterfly dude!   lol bwahaha, bwahaha  :o :D lol. So, take that.   8)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 06:48:18 AM »
Sure if they are the right scale Pete, please send me picks of what you have?  Cheers

Sure thing, when I get into the garage. :D

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 08:57:34 AM »
Cheers Pete.

And Fifteens….I resemble that remark sir!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 01:35:16 PM »
Good old postie!

Of everything, I’m most stoked about putting the land speeder together….as one of the first vehicles shown in the  first movie, it was kind of iconic to me….a hovering car…yes f’ing please!

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 02:09:57 PM »
THE FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS ONE!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 02:42:41 PM »
You bet your asteroids kid!

Damn this is sweet!  The two armed riders are about the coolest minis I’ve seen!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023, 04:57:24 PM »
So, the Rebels assembled.

Have to admit, the box could have managed to have more variety in the trooper poses…..soft plastic means superglue (strangely, Yoda was on a sprue….hard plastic), but with only 14 troopers, surely there was no need for 2 identical sevens!

Still, there is a box of upgrades available giving four more poses, and I will search the printed catalogues, I’m sure I can find a few more.  I have already found an alternate land speeder with crew to add to this lot!

Chewy and Luke are pretty cool.   A few minis will need a little gs gap filling before I can paint them……but overall impression is favourable!

Edit:

That will give me a little variety…..nice find on Etsy.    I love that fella bottom right!

« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 07:21:33 PM by Digits »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023, 08:09:58 PM »
Great start! While Legion seems to be a good system, the myriads of markers and cards are nogos for me. So I would go for FFoL.

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2023, 07:19:32 PM »
Well…the above resin minis arrived….but they are a bit tacky and the fella with two las guns is missing one and for some bizarre reason…his right foot!!!

Anyway, the good fella has advised me to bin or sit them on my window ledge (to cure) but either way is sending replacements.    Once they arrive, we shall paint the rebels.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2023, 01:00:02 AM »
That speeder is *such* a cool model! I'm also looking forward to seeing you tackle the crawling / leg shooting (?) fella at the bottom right of the rebel set. Sorry to hear about the dud minis - at least the caster is making it right. If you manage to dry them out okay you'll get some potentially salvageable minis out of the deal too!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2023, 06:58:11 AM »
Weird on the tacky.  My - admittedly few - resin purchases have been without such issue.  Perhaps being in 15 mm, they are less prone to such problems.  Though some of the trees I've purchased are more substantial but still without that issue.

Hope the replacements are without issue.

And I must admit that I ordered those trees to be the "stars" of my jungle building rather than scratch build them all.  Still going to build some big trees with buttressed roots, though.  Those trees were freaking expensive, too, the resin ones - especially the ones from the far side of the pond.  I guess you have to pay stars to be stars.