Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690547
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) New 28mm Wild West laser-cut building range!  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Things from the Basement

• Bookworm
    • Things from the Basement
(Commercial) New 28mm Wild West laser-cut building range!
« on: December 05, 2022, 03:01:23 PM »
First teaser of our new 28mm Wild West laser-cut building range! 🌵🦂🦎🐍
Coming in 2023...

https://www.thingsfromthebasement.com/

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Re: (Commercial) New 28mm Wild West laser-cut building range!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 05:40:32 PM »
Looking good! Definitely a useful addition to your range!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:22:28 PM »
Yes, looking good...BUT
on your site is a notice saying you will not sell to customers in the UK until further notice.
The notice was dated early 2021. Is the blanket ban still in force?

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 01:14:29 AM »
Saw them on Facebook. Outstanding.I'm definitely putting these on my list for my Lincoln County War.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 07:08:22 AM »
Had a quick visit to the site - seems rather haphazard to try to find stuff in 15 mm, assuming there is anything.  Not a big fan of MDF but at least the items in the photo don't glaring shout that is what they are made of.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 07:40:22 AM »
Had a quick visit to the site - seems rather haphazard to try to find stuff in 15 mm, assuming there is anything.  Not a big fan of MDF but at least the items in the photo don't glaring shout that is what they are made of.

Type 15mm into the site’s search bar and it presents a list of 15mm items. Seems pretty accessible to me.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 01:47:35 PM »
Yes, looking good...BUT
on your site is a notice saying you will not sell to customers in the UK until further notice.
Yes, unfortunately it is. UK (and EU) rulings make it extremely difficult and costly to sell products to Europe. When Brexit came into effect, I had a few shipments that were lost or returned for no obvious reason. As a small one-man business, I cannot take these financial hits. Shipping cost from USA to Europe is very expensive. As MDF is quite heavy, a single shipment costs easily $60-80. On top of that the customer will have to pay VAT on the product price AND shipping cost. And if things go really bad, he might be charged additional customs fees as well.
For these reasons the European market is almost out of reach for me. But I am cooperating with Tymeagain Ltd (former 4Ground), where you can find a good selection of my designs produced in their typical pre-painted way. More kits will be added in the future: https://www.tymeagain.co.uk/store/wargames-terrain-and-accessories/28mm-model-kits
Note: Tymeagain are working on their new website and finding particular Things from the Basement items can be a bit tricky at the moment.

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 01:49:18 PM »
Using the search bar on my website should show you all 15mm kits.
Alternatively, just click on the link: https://www.thingsfromthebasement.com/store/c25/15mm.html

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »
Quote from: has.been on December 05, 2022, 08:22:28 PM
Yes, looking good...BUT
Yes, unfortunately it is. UK (and EU) rulings make it extremely difficult and costly to sell products to Europe. When Brexit came into effect, I had a few shipments that were lost or returned for no obvious reason. As a small one-man business, I cannot take these financial hits. Shipping cost from USA to Europe is very expensive. As MDF is quite heavy, a single shipment costs easily $60-80. On top of that the customer will have to pay VAT on the product price AND shipping cost. And if things go really bad, he might be charged additional customs fees as well.
For these reasons the European market is almost out of reach for me. But I am cooperating with Tymeagain Ltd (former 4Ground), where you can find a good selection of my designs produced in their typical pre-painted way. More kits will be added in the future: https://www.tymeagain.co.uk/store/wargames-terrain-and-accessories/28mm-model-kits
Note: Tymeagain are working on their new website and finding particular Things from the Basement items can be a bit tricky at the moment.

I thank you for the prompt & honest reply. I'll keep an eye on tymeagain,
especially as our group are planning 1910 Mexican Revolution in 2023.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 03:59:25 PM »
Found the search button this morning, very late night last night.  I would say the location is a bit odd - most search buttons are top right of the webpage.  Yours being below and to the left of the main 'banner' is an outlier in my experience.  Like the prices and will take a closer look later.