Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:01:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690521
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Merry Xmas from Yarkshire Gamer  (Read 533 times)

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
Merry Xmas from Yarkshire Gamer
« on: December 22, 2022, 04:27:05 PM »

https://kenrtai.podbean.com/e/episode-37-xmas-brews-in-the-binyard-special-2022/

I'd just like to wish all the listeners, viewers and followers of Yarkshire Gamer a very Happy Xmas and thank you all for the support you have given to the various things I do on the airwaves (all for nowt !)

The Christmas edition of the Podcast is out with Alex from Storm of Steel and Sean Clark of Gods Own Scale. As WW1 buffs they respond to Anything But a One and others regarding WW1 tropes in the only serious bit of the show.

Apart from that it's reviewing Wargames Room 101 entries, Desert Island Wargame and Listeners Questions. As a special treat lots of my guests over the year come back for a quick Cameo Xmas Message.

Hope you all have a great festive period

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer
"Glittering prizes and endless compromises,  shatter the illusion of integrity"
http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: Merry Xmas from Yarkshire Gamer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 06:28:52 PM »
Perfect timing, I started listening on the way back from Hull absolutely pissing myself laughing & I’ve only got to the end of the WW1 rant er discussion  lol lol cheered me up no end after being cold an wet and extremely f***** off, can’t wait to finish on the way there n back tomorrow
Great job fellas 8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 06:31:48 PM by aircav »

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 07:18:20 PM »
Thanks very much, these Brews in the Binyard shows are so much fun to do  lol

Enjoy the journey home tomorrow.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer

Offline crafty

• Librarian
  • Slapdash
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2022, 08:31:31 PM »
Merry Christmas and thanks for all your hard work on the podcast, I really enjoyed the two recent episodes with that Henry fella. I walked the dog, got home, dinner ready, kids to bed, started painting up a few German mounted Knights and it was still going. Mate...that guy can talk under wet cement!  ;)

I've really enjoyed the free flowing rants and digressions on you show.

Although I'm an Aussie and a fair few of your references fly over my head, and although I have personally committed many of the hobby sins in your room 101 - blue rivers...oversized bases...still do lots of skirmish gaming...don't mind a points based game...love my wet pallete & contrast paints...believe 1/72 is king - I look forward to listening to more of the podcast.

Keep up the good work.

This Slap-Dash Life
@Mcslapdash@mastodon.social

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2022, 08:32:54 PM »
I started listening to Anything But A One's WW1 episode the other day on my walk to work, but when they said none of them knew anything about the land warfare of the era, I knew I'd be in for a trope-filled view of wargaming it, so stopped listening. I'll check this new episode out tomorrow as I plan on walking in again. :D

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2022, 09:24:32 PM »
Merry Christmas and thanks for all your hard work on the podcast, I really enjoyed the two recent episodes with that Henry fella. I walked the dog, got home, dinner ready, kids to bed, started painting up a few German mounted Knights and it was still going. Mate...that guy can talk under wet cement!  ;)

I've really enjoyed the free flowing rants and digressions on you show.

Although I'm an Aussie and a fair few of your references fly over my head, and although I have personally committed many of the hobby sins in your room 101 - blue rivers...oversized bases...still do lots of skirmish gaming...don't mind a points based game...love my wet pallete & contrast paints...believe 1/72 is king - I look forward to listening to more of the podcast.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks very much, having guests who like to talk is a God send on a Podcast, it means I have to do less work. A few more episodes and we'll get you off that wet Palette  lol

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2022, 09:30:17 PM »
I started listening to Anything But A One's WW1 episode the other day on my walk to work, but when they said none of them knew anything about the land warfare of the era, I knew I'd be in for a trope-filled view of wargaming it, so stopped listening. I'll check this new episode out tomorrow as I plan on walking in again. :D

You will love Alex and Seans response to that episode, I just sat back and watched them go  lol Alex knows his WW1 so it was great to listen too. I didn't even get chance to chuck in my objections to the Mesopotamia / Gallipoli was just like Colonial Warfare argument from ABA1, which has to be the biggest disrespectful comment on the Turkish Army I've ever heard !

Most of the episode is just us laughing but we do get serious on the WW1 stuff

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer