Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alternative bodies compatible with War of the Roses Perry Miniatures (new set)  (Read 59357 times)

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
Those are terrific; I'd certainly buy a bunch of them if they became commercially available.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Hurrah, more bodies! The one with plate armour and livery coat looks particularly useful.

Do you think you will sell these without the arms and heads first, or wait until they are done as well before releasing them?

Hey Charlie
Yes those are intended to be sold as they are. I made them specifically to be combined with Perry bits that we all have by the loads. At a later stage they could become full fledged minis offcourse. I’m making the 10th right now.

Offline GulKelan

• Librarian
really looking forward to get them. will they be casted in metal?

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
really looking forward to get them. will they be casted in metal?
I dont know the material yet but they would be casted for sure  lol

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
For our tenth entry, we got Gothic Metal. This concludes this set but I have to admit that Im really addicted into making these so expect some more at some point. Right now the program includes romanesque Burgundians (and a few commissions).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Most excellent.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wilgut Spleens

• Scientist
    • The Miniature World of Wilgut Spleens
Fantastic job, I think some of these,dare I say it,eclipse the Perry sculpts! I could certainly do with about sixty if these to complete my Tewksbury forced and maybe another sixty or so for my Italian Wars Army.
I have a bad case of prescient nostalgia. The future's not what it used to be.

https://wilgut.blogspot.com/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Right, looking forward to getting a few. And looking forward to seeing the neo-roman mins once they are done as well.  :D

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
Awesome!

One thing about the latest gothic armour though.... his crotch looks a bit unprotected? No tassets or mail skirt? What about a sword belt?

The sculpting is top quality regardless! :)

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
These are absolutely incredible sculpts! Really impressed with the Gothic Armour there!

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Awesome!

One thing about the latest gothic armour though.... his crotch looks a bit unprotected? No tassets or mail skirt? What about a sword belt?

The sculpting is top quality regardless! :)

That was my reaction too when I saw some museum pieces, but then I saw pics of re enactors having the same kit and I was convinced that it must have been a thing and I kinda wanted these to be odd ones in general.

Maybe I should add a sword belt
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 12:17:54 PM by Captain Harlock »

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Fantastic job, I think some of these,dare I say it,eclipse the Perry sculpts! I could certainly do with about sixty if these to complete my Tewksbury forced and maybe another sixty or so for my Italian Wars Army.

That’s a huge compliment, as I’m a real fan of the Perry sculpts, thank you.

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
These are absolutely incredible sculpts! Really impressed with the Gothic Armour there!

Thank you

Offline Captain Harlock

• Mad Scientist
Right, looking forward to getting a few. And looking forward to seeing the neo-roman mins once they are done as well.  :D

I got a small commission to complete and they are right next ;)

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
That was my reaction too when I saw some museum pieces, but then I saw pics of re enactors having the same kit and I was convinced that it must have been a thing and I kinda wanted these to be odd ones in general.

It's true you do often see them 'unprotected crotches'! Not all armour covered 100% of the body, and certain pieces could be left off for practical reasons (or perhaps they were in a hurry to get suited up!) so it'll work just fine as is :)

I got a small commission to complete and they are right next ;)

Ooh, would that also be something 15th century by any chance?