Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ZARDOZ....SPEAKS...TO YOU  (Read 1723 times)

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
ZARDOZ....SPEAKS...TO YOU
« on: December 12, 2022, 01:21:50 AM »
THE GUN IS GOOD!
THE NEXT LINE IS CENSORED! with this being a semi family-friendly site.
The [Censored object]  shoots Seeds (yeah, you can just guess, cant'ya?), and makes new Life to poison the Earth with a plague of men, as once it was.
But the Gun shoots Death and purifies the Earth of the filth of Brutals. Go forth, and kill!
ZARDOZ... HAS... SPOKEN....!

Ever see this cheesy piece of S-?   It was Sean Connery's "I don't want to be typecast as Bond anymore" movie.   Nonetheless, he was decent in it, despite how cheesy it was, a testament to his irrepressable talent.   One online movie review started "Everyone who was involved in this movie must have been on drugs".    A really hippie-dippy-trippy surreal post-apocalyptic tale, in an LSD trip kind of way.  The IBTC was also heavily involved in its production.

So here is Zed (Connery) and his exterminators, ready and willing to roam the Outlands killing Brutals, the denizens of the Vortices, or any you'd care to throw at them.   Resins from Etsy, they're fragile as heck.   

Note to any 3d printers:   any small, slender protrusions or small limbs are easy breaking points.   Either beef up your models or, if you buy some, strengthen these areas with super glue gel.   Even then they'll crack right off if mishandled.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 01:27:53 AM by KD47 »
For former content of mine, search my former user ID kalebdaark:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4831

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
Re: ZARDOZ....SPEAKS...TO YOU
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 01:57:28 AM »
Needs a Charlotte Rampling. Can't do Zardoz and not Rample a bit!
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 05:32:47 AM »
The gun is good!  Neal (of the Warstore fame) had a nice set of figures made for Zardoz.  Sturdy and well cast. Not sure if anyone ever picked them up after his passing.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 04:55:49 AM by syrinx0 »
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 02:15:58 PM »
AND BOOKS ARE BAD! I wonder if some manufacturer makes the female characters minis!  ;)

Offline KD47

• Librarian
  • What is best in life?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 09:58:17 PM »
The gun is good!  Neal (of the Warstore fame) had a nice set of figures made for Zardoz.  Sturdy and well cast. Not sure if anyone every picked them up after his passing.

Yeah, I looked but didn't find 'em.   I'd pick them up if someone had them.   As for the girls,  get 28mm in long flowing almost oriental robes, and paint them with hippie patterns, maybe ancient egyptian civilians  for the guys (or topless girls, but beware the wrath of the IBTC!).   Use green putty to put the pharaoh do-rags on some of the denizens.    You're right, one must Rample a bit with this movie!