Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Martian Empires available as free download  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
[Commercial] Martian Empires available as free download
« on: January 02, 2023, 05:45:33 PM »
Martian Empires, wargames rules for the wars between Mars and Earth, is now available as a free to download PDF from https://fighting15s.com.

In addition, the existing soft cover print edition of the rules is reduced in price from £10 to £5. The physical version will not be reprinted when the remaining stocks have gone.

I have tweaked the PDF file to take in some essential errata from the Venus Supplement, but Venus provides fuller explanations. No one appears to have broken the rules since they came out in 2007, so a second edition is not on  the immediate red planetary horizon.

For more details, see https://fighting15s.com/free-pdf-of-martian-empires/?v=79cba1185463
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Re: [Commercial] Martian Empires available as free download
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 06:56:55 PM »
HOT D**N!

I've spoken elsewhere how my copy of ME was lost along with a large part of my collection from life reversals, and how much I hoped to pick up another copy.

It will be great to have the downloaded copy in hand, but given the low price of the bound version, I'll be soon make an order including a number of figs that have been tempting me.

Thank you SO much. Smart move to nudge me in to purchase even more quickly... ;->=

Doug

Offline Deratt

• Student
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 08:05:24 AM »
I've just started buying ME miniatures and am very pleased with them. These downloads will give me a much better plan on what I'll need. Thanks so very much! Cheers, Jeff

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 05:19:43 PM »
Thanks for this! 

I wanted to buy a copy from my FLGS, but I have since moved and not able to get back for it! 

I look forward to reading them and giving them a shot!

Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Wildman II

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 05:42:31 PM »
Thank you! I just sent for the PDF copy. Unfortunately, this is a not a good time
of year to be buying miniatures for me.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 02:38:10 PM »
Thank you! I just sent for the PDF copy. Unfortunately, this is a not a good time
of year to be buying miniatures for me.

Half the fun is planning what you're going to buy when you are able to. The PDF should at least allow you to plan an army or two. The time I lost in the 1970s poring over a Minifigs catalogue when Christmas and my birthday were the only realistic prospects of acquiring some toys!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 12:14:30 PM »
The time I "lost" in the 1970s poring over a Minifigs catalogue when Christmas and my birthday were the only realistic prospects of acquiring some toys!

Fixed that.

(cue Carly Simon's 'Anticipation')

Doug

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 07:46:31 PM »
Thanks for making this available. It’s a good looking set of rules, very nicely presented.

I didn’t know these rules before, but have enjoyed reading the background, which sets up things nicely for lots of factions to compete against each other.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:53:36 AM »
Thanks for making this available. It’s a good looking set of rules, very nicely presented.

Thanks. It’s when having a background in magazine production helps.   :)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 04:57:01 PM »
Small-ish order submitted; as I was adding things the postage suddenly ballooned. I think it's Royal Mail responsible. Our two postal systems at work...

I did want to point out someone who'd pointed me toward the Venusian download first, and put me on to the fact I could still replace my hardcopy of ME.

It's in a post requesting ideas for army lists:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=138879.msg1767147#msg1767147

If you know someone to have a look, it would be a thanks for making me look. Mind, you've no need to thank me for the order. I still thank you for the generous downloads, and keeping the figures available!

Doug

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 05:36:30 PM »
Small-ish order submitted; as I was adding things the postage suddenly ballooned. I think it's Royal Mail responsible. Our two postal systems at work...

I did want to point out someone who'd pointed me toward the Venusian download first, and put me on to the fact I could still replace my hardcopy of ME.

It's in a post requesting ideas for army lists:
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=138879.msg1767147#msg1767147

If you know someone to have a look, it would be a thanks for making me look. Mind, you've no need to thank me for the order. I still thank you for the generous downloads, and keeping the figures available!

Doug

I had a request for a copy of the list of the Imperial Martians as a result of that thread, and I provided the essentials as an image. A large order followed, so all’s well with that customer.  :)

Once postage strays from the realms of large letter to small parcel, rates to the US skyrocket. That's a result of the previous US president picking a fight with the Universal Postal Union, leading to higher last mile charges. Nothing directly due to Royal Mail. Orders up to a certain size I can get into a large letter-sized box, so go relatively cheaply. Paint and bulky items, such as vehicles, always have to go small parcel.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 07:07:51 AM »
Two things:

Could use more photos on the site to help improve sales! (I don't recall a photo of the naval crew and gatling - but maybe I missed it since wasn't looking for that at the time.)

Can use figures for more than Mars.  I bought a bunch of the Martian askari figures to use as an "unusual" African tribe.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2023, 08:05:46 AM »
Two things:

Could use more photos on the site to help improve sales! (I don't recall a photo of the naval crew and gatling - but maybe I missed it since wasn't looking for that at the time.)

Can use figures for more than Mars.  I bought a bunch of the Martian askari figures to use as an "unusual" African tribe.

I have all the outstanding Martian Empires figures sorted out ready for cleaning up, inking and photography. However, this has been the situation since September, and I have simply been too busy to get them done. It’s all part of the process of updating every photograph on the site to a consistent, modern standard, making good historic absences of pictures or replacing low quality images. I’m not taking or uploading new low quality images as stopgaps. :)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 06:29:43 AM »
Sounds good on the photos.  And hope you've been too busy packing orders to delay the process!