Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:15:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New movie 65  (Read 1241 times)

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
New movie 65
« on: December 16, 2022, 09:35:06 AM »
Thought this was the best board to post on ? But I recently stumbled across the trailer for the forthcoming movie 65 where a man piloting a ship hits an asteroid crashes and him an the only survivor a girl find themselves on prehistoric earth .
An I thought what a cracking idea for a game ?😂

It also certainly seems to make the idea of a feral planet on 40k more plausible .

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Re: New movie 65
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 09:48:22 AM »
Thought this was the best board to post on ? But I recently stumbled across the trailer for the forthcoming movie 65 where a man piloting a ship hits an asteroid crashes and him an the only survivor a girl find themselves on prehistoric earth .
An I thought what a cracking idea for a game ?😂

It also certainly seems to make the idea of a feral planet on 40k more plausible .

I just watched the trailer, damn! Thanks for highlighting that this movie exists! Could you adapt a Stargrave setting? Q37 has 'monsters' - a crew lands on an uncharted planet and off you go! Lasguns vs Dino's - every man childs Christmas wish  :D
COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2022, 10:25:29 AM »
Wish you good luck with your idea.
Thanks for the heads up about the film.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 08:08:24 AM »
I think that a prehistoric Earth would be a lot easier to populate that unknown “Deathworld” fauna.

Dan
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=137097.0
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 08:10:00 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 09:42:55 AM »
I think that a prehistoric Earth would be a lot easier to populate that unknown “Deathworld” fauna.

Dan
https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=137097.0

And cheaper. Even the really cheap, plastic dinosaurs can look pretty good with a quick paint job...

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 10:13:22 AM »
I love the idea! Dinosaurs vs Lasers is just too cool!

And about the models: here’s another +1 to cheap plastic/runber toys. I bought some for my 15mm VSF/Pulp collection and depending on tje factory painting you can go quick with jist a wash, some highlights and details (that was the case woth some pretty good rubber toys I found in a pound shop on Guernsey) or a quick full paintjob.

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=102869.0

Dinosaurs are so versatile that you cannot go wromg!

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 11:32:27 AM »
I've recently been drawn into The Drowned Earth, a postapocalyptic setting with dinosaurs (yeah, don't ask, but the premise is really cool lol ).

The dino miniatures are really nice metal or siocast models and not overly expensive either (although nothing beats Euro/Pound/Dollar-store toys for price, obviously).

Also, some years ago I did up a set of Tamiya Raptors for use in a game, and they were well detailed and pretty cheap too; you get 6 to a box.
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 02:13:55 PM »
I have a bunch of plastic dinosaurs in the loft, along with some baby ones that were released at the same time as "Walking with Dinosaurs" a few years ago.

For rules, Saurian Safari, which is Victorian dino hunting. Not sure if it's still in print

I think they're now out of print (I bought one of the last copies from the author on here a few years ago), but Dinoproof is a set of modern dino hunting rules.

I really don't need to be diverted into another sub-genre, but I may already have just about everything I need for it, so technically it wouldn't be a diversion ;D

The film trailer looks good, so I'm cautiously optimistic.