Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:48:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: UK Royal Mail not delivering overseas just now  (Read 5510 times)

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Re: UK Royal Mail not delivering overseas just now
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 09:11:00 PM »
[/size]...Still no hint at when things may start to recover
You begin to question their disaster recovery capability - I would have expected some idea of service plans rather than the lack of news!

For those folk waiting for shipping you may be desperate to consider Parcel Force (not cheap) - their notice states:

Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays.

Letter services are being questioned as well https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64306928 - cannot remember when I got a letter (even first class) in three days - pre-C19 at least...

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2023, 09:12:39 PM »
I know the above post is odd - I've reported it to the mods to see if they can work out why Safari does odd things...

Still no hint at when things may start to recover

You begin to question their disaster recovery capability - I would have expected some idea of service plans rather than the lack of news!

For those folk waiting for shipping you may be desperate to consider Parcel Force (not cheap) - their notice states:

Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays.

Letter services are being questioned as well https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64306928 - cannot remember when I got a letter (even first class) in three days - pre-C19 at least...

Offline Mammoth miniatures

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2023, 10:57:04 PM »
If this goes on till the weekend I'll be suspending international shipping for the foreseeable. I'm glad miniatures aren't my only job, because this is going to be absolute murder for alot of small businesses. I've already got customers waiting for orders from October and November that are still sat in sorting offices somewhere and now this.

Offline RSDean

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2023, 10:36:40 AM »
I had a note from Irregular Miniatures yesterday to tell me that my latest order would be going by some sort of carrier other than the Royal Mail…hoping this all clears soon; I think I’ve got a parcel from Baccus caught up in it as well.

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2023, 05:13:24 PM »
Well, the Royal Mail says my Empress order made it to the US.  It isn't on the US tracking site yet as arrived, but that might take a couple days...sounds like the Royal Mail might be making progress with their issue.
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »
Royal Mail have announced (on Click and Drop) that they are testing work arounds with a limited number of parcels.

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2023, 06:45:19 PM »
Got my ships from NavWar. I think they were mailed before all the problems hit.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2023, 06:55:23 PM »
Saw this over on Dakka Dakka…

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/808535.page

Royal Mail bulletin.

Service update: 19th of January 2023
Following the recent cyber incident, we are trialling operational workarounds and have started moving limited volumes of export parcels. While we trial these operational workarounds, we continue to ask customers not to submit any new export parcels into the network. Our initial focus will be to clear mail that has already been processed and is waiting to be despatched.

We are pleased to announce that we have resumed the export of International Standard and International Economy letters which do not require a customs declaration (i.e. these letters do not contain goods); International Business Standard (untracked) and International Business Economy personal correspondence letters (which do not require a customs declaration) to all international destinations. From 1900 on 18 January, customers will be able to start sending International Standard and International Economy letters which do not require a customs declaration (i.e. these letters do not contain goods); International Business Standard (untracked) and International Business Economy personal correspondence letters (which do not require a customs declaration) into the Royal Mail network through all channels including Royal Mail post boxes and Post Office branches.

Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring export services. Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect minor delays. Royal Mail’s UK services are still operational.

Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to resolve this disruption and we will update you as soon as we have more information. An investigation into the incident is ongoing and we are working with external experts. We have reported the incident to our regulators and the relevant security authorities.

Link page https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2023, 12:12:42 AM »
Well, my Empress Miniatures order arrived today (in Michigan in the US.  It was posted on 09 Jan).  That's good news!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2023, 08:54:24 AM »
Some companies are being more open about how this cyberattack is affecting their business than others are being. I saw this notice on Only Games, the physical print side of My Mini Factory. I have to be honest, I am really surprised there is not more talk about this issue, both in the media as well as online.

https://only-games.co/en-de/pages/shipping-production-information

Shipping & Production Information
ALL THE INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS (WORLDWISE EXCEPT UK) ARE CURRENTLY DELAYED DUE TO ROYAL MAIL EXPORT SUSPENSION

PLEASE MONITOR THE STATUS HERE.
THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING

PLEASE BE ADVICED PRODUCTION AND DISPATCH TIME ARE CURRENTLY LONGER THAN NORMAL AND MAY TAKE UP TO 10 WORKING DAYS 

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2023, 12:05:26 AM »
Latest update (22nd):

ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL EXPORT SERVICES
[/size]Following the recent cyber incident, Royal Mail has resumed the export of parcels from Northern Ireland to Ireland. This builds on the recent move to resume the export of international letters to all international destinations. Customers in Northern Ireland can now export parcels bound for Ireland into Northern Ireland Post Office branches. Online customers will be able to print labels on Royal Mail shipping systems from 7pm, Friday 20 January. These services are currently only available for customers based in Northern Ireland. They are not available for customers based in Great Britain where export restrictions continue to apply.
[/size]We have now resumed international export despatches for all mail streams including parcels and letters across a growing number of international destinations. We are making good progress in despatching items that are already in our network across all of our services. Please note you may see less tracking information than usual as we continue to restore our services.  At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export, and we will update further on service resumption as soon as possible.
[/size]Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring all services for export letters and parcels. Our import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services remain unaffected.
[/size]We’re sorry for any disruption this incident may be causing. Our teams are continuing to work around the clock to resolve this situation. We will update customers as soon as we have more information.
[/size]https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12556/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNjc0MzQ1Nzc1L2dlbi8xNjc0MzQ1Nzc1L3NpZC9mVUpIN19TSzk5ZWNsRTZmRWFWNE02bVRLZWZpQUwzeGFmeDZOOVhWbDlqVnQzZERYZDhhRWRpbmVKenFLV19IczdFX1kyYnpsQVRla2xSa2tzTWJfU0Q2OXZPdnRHNWcyRTZiNEp2Y2RTVmRsSlVUMERFM1RMTVElMjElMjE%3D

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2023, 05:30:17 AM »
Thanks for the update.

I hope the 3D preprinted trees are ordered can be shipped by the time they are printed and ready.  Luckily I have a long lead time before they are needed.

There needs to be a way to reach through the internet and do untoward things to people who do untoward things on the internet.  Harrumph!

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 09:21:08 AM »
There is a cautionary tale here of how vulnerable our wider lives are becoming to the threat of hack as the internet pervades every aspect of our infrastructure, whether that be mail, water supply, National Health, manufacturing or admin at government level etc.

When this has blown over, it will be interesting to see whether this was something entirely avoidable or whether we are entering a stage that requires a more co-ordinated cohesive defence of systems at all levels.

As a U.K. Citizen, thanks to all those awaiting orders for their patience and understanding and please keep shopping with us.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 10:11:45 AM »
Yeah, it's not just our hobby that has been hit by this. Loads of one person businesses are suffering - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64374342

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2023, 07:09:39 PM »
Spotted this from Ancestral Hamster over on Dakka Dakka…

From Reuters 26 Jan 2023

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/royal-mail-resumes-more-services-after-cyber-incident-2023-01-26/

International service has restarted but is limited, so it is not a full recovery.