Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:47:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690583
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: West Wind Arthurian Welsh- Comparison Pictures Added for Future Reference  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Hi,

In a bid to add a wee bit more variation with my Sub Roman/Arthurian Welsh project I was contemplating adding some West Wind Arthurian Welsh but when I hopped on over to their website there are no pictures to be found.

I have some of their Romano British but would love to see any pics anyone might have of the West Wind Arthurian Welsh to see how well they fit with Gripping Beast and Artizan Designs.

Here's to hoping :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 07:21:48 PM by Atheling »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: West Wind Arthurian Welsh Pictures?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 07:21:20 PM »
Problem solved!

Gripping Beast, West Wind, WW, WW, WW, GB

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
It looks like they’re a bit shorter, but well within the range of normal human variation, and it looks like the heads and hands are similar proportions. (I find differences in heads and hands the hardest features to overlook when figures are mixed in a unit.)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
It looks like they’re a bit shorter, but well within the range of normal human variation, and it looks like the heads and hands are similar proportions. (I find differences in heads and hands the hardest features to overlook when figures are mixed in a unit.)

I can usually manage all that sort of thing with a bit of painting- a splash with the brush tends to homogenize things. See below....

Offline trev

• Mad Scientist
    • The Bits Box
Thanks for the size comparison pic.  I was wondering about them.  The other Arthurian stuff is all pretty good.  Beautiful painting as always.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thanks for the size comparison pic.  I was wondering about them.  The other Arthurian stuff is all pretty good.

No probs. I thought it would prove useful as West Wind don't have anything on their website.....  >:(

Beautiful painting as always.

Thanks Trev. Appreciated old bean :)

Offline WorkShy

• Librarian
Bit off topic but does anyone have pictures of Westwind Arthurian armoured spearmen? I’ve been trying to find a picture for nine months. While Westwind says they are happy to take my money and sell them to me, they are unwilling to send me a photo beforehand😠!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Bit off topic but does anyone have pictures of Westwind Arthurian armoured spearmen? I’ve been trying to find a picture for nine months. While Westwind says they are happy to take my money and sell them to me, they are unwilling to send me a photo beforehand😠!

Sorry, no I don't. I've emailed West Wind requesting some pics of the packs of which there are no photo's on their site so hopefully I'l hear back at some point soon.

Offline WorkShy

• Librarian
Sorry, no I don't. I've emailed West Wind requesting some pics of the packs of which there are no photo's on their site so hopefully I'l hear back at some point soon.
Thanks for your help  :). Perhaps Westwind might even consider putting those pictures on their own website. Imagine actually advertising your own products on your own site. It's an idea that might actually catch on lol

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thanks for your help  :). Perhaps Westwind might even consider putting those pictures on their own website. Imagine actually advertising your own products on your own site. It's an idea that might actually catch on lol

I think I remember, though I could be wrong, around 2007 when the WAB supplement Age of Arthur had just been released, West Wind had more pictures of their "Arthurian" range on their site.

If they send me any pictures I'll post them up on this thread for you here.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: West Wind Arthurian Welsh- Comparison Pictures Added for Future Reference
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 05:03:44 AM »
Somewhere I have the Burning a Druid at the Stake set, the Druids Sacrificing a Goat set, and maybe the Death of Arthur? I absolutely have pictures of the armoured spearmen, as I did them for a commission.

I'll have a look. And I agree about the lack of WW pics! Not much to excuse it these days.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Re: West Wind Arthurian Welsh- Comparison Pictures Added for Future Reference
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 11:34:24 AM »
I absolutely have pictures of the armoured spearmen, as I did them for a commission.
I'll have a look. And I agree about the lack of WW pics! Not much to excuse it these days.

Please :)

That would be very much appreciated.