Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:04:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686601
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: La Orden de Guadalupe - The Silver Bayonet in Mexico.  (Read 1290 times)

Offline El Chintete

• Assistant
La Orden de Guadalupe - The Silver Bayonet in Mexico.
« on: November 27, 2023, 01:05:15 AM »
Hello everybody,

Yesterday I played Scenario 3 of the corebook's solo scenarios. My game takes place in 1830's Mexico, where the Order of Guadalupe safeguards the Republic from the unholy forces of darkness. I took a picture every time a monster was killed and wrote a short prompt describing the event. This is not a battle report but I'd like to share it nonetheless.

With a flash of steel and blood, Swordsman Ponciano Oropeza kills the first trasgo of the match. Sapper Junípero López rushes to his aid as soon as he sees the fighting start. But by the time he gets there, Ponciano is already wiping the blood off his rapier.

Rifleman Casimiro Rendón shoots and misses a charging trasgo. He braces his rifle as he plunges his bayonet deep into the monster's face.

General carnage has broken out in the camp. Muzzle flashes and glinting swords and bayonets momentarily light up the clearing in the woods. Amidst the chaos, Grenadier Trinidad Bárcenas charges a leaping trasgo. With a crucifix in one hand and a musket in the other, he pummels the trasgo into a pulp.

Minutes feel like hours as the slaughter continues. Trasgos keep pouring from dark shadows under the trees. The unit has been losing ground while retreating slowly. The fighting must continue with discipline, lest the retreat become a rout. Infantryman Epifanio Rodríguez covers the rear and proves his worth by parrying a trasgo's blow and quickly finishing him. Unfortunately for Epifanio, the trasgo was not alone. The Lord of the Mountain himself was not far behind. He throws a great boulder at Epifanio, pinning him to the ground. A trasgo cackles as he leaps forth and finishes poor Epifanio.

The unit breaks apart, separated in their retreat. Notwithstanding the distance, Grenadier Trinidad Bárcenas is still looking out for his coreligionists. He spots a trasgo that's quickly catching up to Irregular Arcadio Reyes. With a quick prayer he takes aim and pulls the trigger. The trasgo staggers and falls lifeless on the ground. Arcadio nods to Trinidad in gratitude.

The surviving men have managed to escape by falling back into the shadows of the forest. The full moon is now covered by dark clouds; the blackness under the trees is nigh impenetrable. The few remaining trasgos squint as they try to pierce the darkness that surrounds them. Their prey has escaped for now, but their trail is fresh. Irregular Arcadio Reyes stops and turns around, back to the clearing. He sees the trasgo that felled Epifanio, sniffing the ground and stumbling forward blindly. Arcadio grits his teeth and takes aim. He pulls the trigger. The sniffing sound ceases; now only a low, guttural gurgling can be heard. Arcadio has avenged Epifanio. He mutters a curse, and slips into the darkness of the wood.

I had a lot of fun playing the game and writing the prompts. I'm looking forward to my next game.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 03:19:55 AM by El Chintete »

Offline muggins

• Assistant
  • goonhammer.com
    • Goonhammer
Re: La Orden de Guadalupe - The Silver Bayonet in Mexico.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 02:09:38 AM »
Looks great! I've considered SB for Mexican American war - you've done a great job!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 04:37:01 PM by muggins »

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 05:43:09 AM »
Really cool and a setting most of us would not consider for Gothic horror. 

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 06:01:35 AM »
Great camera angles, charming minatures with proper paintjobs and a thrilling introduction of characters, setting and story. Thank you for the entertainment!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 07:33:33 AM »
Loving it! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2023, 08:26:53 AM »
Very Kewl. Love the Sargento holding the crucifix. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 01:10:00 PM »
Splendid - Looking forward to seeing more!
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2023, 02:45:40 PM »
Very nice!  Now I have an incentive to get into another time period! 
Mick

aka Mick the Metalsmith
www.michaelhaymanjewelry.com

Margate and New Orleans

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 06:10:51 PM »
Fantastic 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 07:53:59 AM »
Great idea and execution. Your miniatures look brilliant.

Offline El Chintete

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2023, 11:08:22 PM »
Thank you everybody for your kind words. I feel Mexico has a lot of potential for SB, given that we can use monsters of European and indigenous origin. In this case the trasgos are Spanish goblins, and the Lord of the Mountain is a recurring figure in several indigenous cultures. He's a spirit that safeguards the hills and mountains, he has dominion over animals and other spirits inhabiting in the area. He can be both benign and malicious.

Next time I play I will properly document it so that I can post a full battle report. I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures. There's more to come!

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 11:26:27 AM »
Great setting, good paint job and nice stories. I'll follow along on that trip to Mexico.

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2023, 11:31:16 AM »
A superb job, Sir! Nice to see a very different setting being used.