Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690363
  • Total Topics: 118327
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: De Principatu Transpodoniae - 5 Leagues from the Borderlands and Silver Bayonet  (Read 15406 times)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very nice tower indeed.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
The tower is really great. But seriously, who cares about old towers (most probably haunted) and supernatural beasties when you can sit around and have a bottle of 'Hagenstedter Dorn'?!  lol

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
Looking good ;D
''Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed''-Jack Churchill

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
Looking good ;D

Very nice tower indeed.

Ooh like that tower  8) 8)

Love the tower :-*

Thank you very much. Started painting it today, Stonework should hopefully be fast to paint.

The tower is really great. But seriously, who cares about old towers (most probably haunted) and supernatural beasties when you can sit around and have a bottle of 'Hagenstedter Dorn'?!  lol

The Problem is that after drinking a few 'Hagenstedter Dorn' checking out some haunted woods or ruins seem like a good idea. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
Every good adventure begins in a tavern...

The tavern "Zum grünen Baum" near the town of Hagenstedt has gained an excellent reputation over the years. Whether from near or far, rich or poor, everyone stops on the way between Raduora and Hagenstedt to taste the excellent food and especially the home-made "Hagenstedter Dorn".
And to this day the phrase 'Zna Grinbaum' (Let's go to the green tree) means to embark on a booze tour.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Every good adventure begins in a tavern...

The tavern "Zum grünen Baum" near the town of Hagenstedt has gained an excellent reputation over the years. Whether from near or far, rich or poor, everyone stops on the way between Raduora and Hagenstedt to taste the excellent food and especially the home-made "Hagenstedter Dorn".
And to this day the phrase 'Zna Grinbaum' (Let's go to the green tree) means to embark on a booze tour.

Lovely piece of terrain! Since The Silver Bayonet makes it pretty clear, that the officer is the model representing the player, I’d go for some roleplaying: I’d just sit around there all day, have a bottle of Hagenstedter Dorn and some good local dishes (gulash with nockerln or something like that) and send in wave after wave of my troops to clean the forests of unholy vermin.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Great work! 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
Lovely piece of terrain! Since The Silver Bayonet makes it pretty clear, that the officer is the model representing the player, I’d go for some roleplaying: I’d just sit around there all day, have a bottle of Hagenstedter Dorn and some good local dishes (gulash with nockerln or something like that) and send in wave after wave of my troops to clean the forests of unholy vermin.
Ah, the tried and tested Zapp Brannigan-Style of Command. 😅 Hope those troops don't come back as wave after wave of undead.

Great work! 👍
Thank you.

For the moment I'm struck down by the plague which limits productivity but at least I played around with a coat of arms software and made some coats of arms for Transpodonia and Superbia.

Transpodonia coat-of-arms is based on the one of the house of Radu with a fesse of counter ermine superimposed to signify his princely status. It is also thought that the two azure pales left and right signifies the lay of Transpodonia between the river Podon and the black sea.

True to it's name that could be translated to the Latin word for pride or arrogance Superbia sports a full field of ermine and two chevrons of gold with a rampant mountain goat alluring to it's mountainous geography. Therefore a common slur for Superbians is 'goats' or similar graphic allusions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 07:45:24 PM by Cordvane »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Ah, the tried and tested Zapp Brannigan-Style of Command. 😅 Hope those troops don't come back as wave after wave of undead.
Thank you.

lol

That might actually be a pretty good scenario, you know? Suitable for a noble from Superbia maybe?

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
Nice coat of arms.

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
Finally found a few minutes to finish painting the last Sentinel. Now he only needs a ton of Weathering and some plants.:

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Pretty cool tower! I like that it is not staunched but looks high enough to be of some real use.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
The House of Radu - is it descended from Radu the Handsome (younger brother of Vlad III, aka Vlad Dracula)?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
fab.  :-*