Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:19:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 656
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Cybermen  (Read 1208 times)

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
Cybermen
« on: January 20, 2023, 07:48:06 AM »
A quick paint job on these to remove them from the project drawers! A mix of hard and soft plastic cybermen based on the traditional moon base! Would like to get some more of the better quality hard plastic ones if someone has them?

Cheers
Matt

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Cybermen
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 08:56:51 AM »
That's a good, effective paintjob!

I take it the older types are the hard plastic and the more modern versions are the soft stuff? If so; where are they from?

I'm still looking for a good source of heads for the modern ones, as I at one point bought a boxload of Iron Man Clix minis, which basically only require a headswap and a silver paintjob.

The heads on yours are looking a bit small for this purpose I think, but still not having found a good source (not even STLs, although I should probably look harder for those), this might be a servicable source.
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »
That's a good, effective paintjob!

I take it the older types are the hard plastic and the more modern versions are the soft stuff? If so; where are they from?

I'm still looking for a good source of heads for the modern ones, as I at one point bought a boxload of Iron Man Clix minis, which basically only require a headswap and a silver paintjob.

The heads on yours are looking a bit small for this purpose I think, but still not having found a good source (not even STLs, although I should probably look harder for those), this might be a servicable source.

I purchased them at a bring and buy so no clue where they are from. The older types are soft plastic and the newer looking Cybermen are hard plastic, almost like breakfast cereal toys. They are true 25mm though.

Simple paint job, lead belcher, black wash then dry brush silver

Cheers
Matt

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 09:24:53 PM »
The hard plastic ones look like the old Citadel ones that came in a box with Daleks
The soft ones might be freebies from a Doctor Who comic.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 09:27:57 PM »
The hard plastic ones look like the old Citadel ones that came in a box with Daleks .
They certainly look like them.

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 08:28:07 AM »
The hard plastic ones look like the old Citadel ones that came in a box with Daleks
The soft ones might be freebies from a Doctor Who comic.

I would like some more of them that is for sure!

Cheers
Matt

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 02:18:27 PM »
The hard plastic ones are certainly the Citadel miniatures from the Dalek and Cyberman box.  I think they'd been intended for a boxed game that didn't go anywhere.
They were great models but were 25mm and would not sit well with modern 28mm.   I sold mine on some years ago.
If you want more I fear it would be expensive E Bay buying.

Offline TripleBackflip

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 06:08:10 PM »
Yeah, I have a bunch of those cheap magasine Cybermen, brought them off some guy from this site actually along with a metric ton of the Daleks

Offline Paulonious

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 01:53:10 AM »
I’m not sure if you’re looking for those specific sculpts, but these are available on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1258799924/space-cybernetic-tin-men-28mm-scale-3d?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=28mm+pulp+science+fiction+squad+miniatures&ref=sr_gallery-4-25&organic_search_click=1

I have not purchased these but have used this company multiple times  before and not been disappointed. If you’re looking for the specific minis you posted, sorry.

Paul