Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689608
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rimfire: "The Rimfire Herald-Gazette"....  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Murphy

• Assistant
Rimfire: "The Rimfire Herald-Gazette"....
« on: January 24, 2023, 02:31:51 AM »
It's amazing what a person can do once they are motivated.

So I am pushing on completing some buildings for my Western town of Rimfire (Arizona Territory), and with the assistance of some "Saloon Piano Music", and some Western Movies, to keep me "inspired", I have been pushing hard on completing the projects.

The first one is done.

This is another TCL building that used to be in the Knuckleduster line before he switched over to the Gunfighters Ball stuff.  This is the TCL "Small Store".

I decided that every up and coming town needs a newspaper. So, Rimfire now has a newspaper building.

Construction was pretty standard per the instructions. The only modifications I did was to add the signboard, and a different back door, and window "glass". After that, the hardest part was waiting for the glue to dry.

And now, (as usual), there is a backstory....

"The Rimfire Herald-Gazette is the product of Mr. Horace Randolph Draper, and his nosey wife Eugenia, who upon arriving in Rimfire from Philadelphia, (rumor has it that they were run out of the city due to Eugenia's meddling in the affairs of some of the town's blue bloods), realized that the town was desperately needing a newspaper to tell them of all the events going on in the town of Rimfire, (for a fair price of course). Unable to settle on a proper name, Horace (who likes to go by "H.R."), and his wife compromised and thus the Herald-Gazette was born.
The Rimfire Herald-Gazette is a weekly paper put out every Friday morning no later than 9 o'clock in the morning. The paper cheerfully tells everyone that saw something what it was that they actually saw (as written by the editor), and then sold to them for a nickel.
The Rimfire Gazette Weekly usually is 4-6 pages filled with town news, an editorial, (often derisively called "Drapers Rantings"), 2-3 recipes, some advertisements, a few Bible verses, and any announcements such as weddings, reunions, picnics, political rallies, etc. There is also a "Society page" written by HR's wife to appeal to the ladies of the town.
HR employs Leroy Lumpkins as general help in the Newspaper office. 
HR will also do custom printing for customers for a price, (inquire within). "

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: Rimfire: "The Rimfire Herald-Gazette"....
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 05:50:56 PM »
Lovely building there.  Have you any reporters to go with it?
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Murphy

• Assistant
Re: Rimfire: "The Rimfire Herald-Gazette"....
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 06:34:07 PM »
Lovely building there.  Have you any reporters to go with it?

Not yet good sir. I'll be getting a couple of those in the future!  :)