Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:43:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Comet, Star Ranger  (Read 19249 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Re: Perry Comet, Star Ranger
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »
I'm glad to see they went to a good home  :), excellent work Chris (as always).

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
They look excellent. Remind me of Admiral Akbar (sp?) from Star Wars.

If it's those plastic slotta hex bases you're after I'm sure I have some which you can have.

Thanks for the offer, but their integral bases are so large that I´ll require the recessed "Battletech" style plastic bases. From what I gather, one of the traders at Fiasco carries those, so I´ll probably stock up on bases there big time. Otherwise, I ordered from EM-4, but I thought I´d try Fiasco first and if need be fall back on Doug as a totally reliable supplier.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 04:43:34 PM »
It is NOT a good thing if I get the "120 days warning" anytime I respond to this thread of mine.  lol

Or I may just be displaying long-term motivation.

Anyway, here´s a work in progress shot of a squad of "Ziegonians". Actually, they´re Regiment Games Drantakhs which I bought from Matakishi (thanks a bunch!) at the BLAM last weekend. WIP since I still have to procure suitable hex bases (hope to get a bunch on Sunday at Fiasco).

I´ll upload a finished pic ASAP. As for the paint scheme, I wanted them different from the Terran troops, but "spacey" without being too colourful, so I settled for white spacesuits (VMC off-white, washed with khaki, highlighted with off-white and Revell AC pure white) with red accents and blue-metallic (Gunze Sangyo acrylic paint) guns. The latter turned out a bit more toy-like than I planned them, so I may touch them up at a later time, but it´s not that bad...

Last weekend...bloddy hell you are quick :o

Offline sebastosfig

• Librarian
    • Backtotheminis
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2009, 04:48:16 PM »
I don't know about touching them up; I like their look... Especially if they were made in week-end :o
too many periods and games: Antiquity, fantasy, WW2, zombies, and VSF....

my blog : http://backtotheminis.blogspot.com

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
I don't know about touching them up; I like their look... Especially if they were made in week-end :o

It´s just about the guns. The shading and stuff worked out rather nicely, but they are, as said, just a bit more "toylike" than I had imagined them to be. I´m indeed happy with the overall effect and the rest of the figures I really like, but every time I look at the guns, I start to ponder "how could I improve those". Maybe just a surgically-applied black wash, to pick out the working parts.

Offline DAWGIE

• Bookworm
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
PERRY RHODAN  is still with us??????

LOL,  i remember my girlfriend translated  PERRY RHODAN  from GERMAN into ENGLISH for me after i tried to do it myself with a GERMAN ENGLISH DICTIONARY
(this is in 1966 when i was a soldier stationed in HANAU).  she took pity on my frustration with the project.

later in the 70s, ACE BOOKS, in the USA published a lot of the PERRY RHODAN  novels for a while, no where near the complete list, but a small dent in same.

i did enjoy those books!

who was the pretty blonde that played the part of PERRY's squeeze  in the movies? cannot remember now.

and your stuff is extremely pretty!  well done that man!

DAWGIE
BFG-5000: DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 03:35:41 PM »
who was the pretty blonde that played the part of PERRY's squeeze  in the movies? cannot remember now.

I assume you refer to Essy Persson, Swedish actress. I have to say, though, it´s a good thing they didn´t do any other movies after that first outing (if further ones would have turned out like that), although I´d really like to see a decent modern rendition. Germans can do decent-looking Scifi movies (judging from "Periode 1", a rather hilarious Star Trek/Wars spoof done as a big-budget thing) nowadays.

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »
Those are awesome.
Everything is better with lizardmen.