Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Hobgoblins  (Read 2380 times)

Offline CarstenR

• Assistant
[Kickstarter] Hobgoblins
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:37:06 AM »
There is a current kickstarter running with Hobgoblins in the style of the old (pre-slottabase) Citadel hobgoblins.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicpanic/old-school-multi-part-28mm-hobgoblins-by-satanic-panic/description

At this point, it consists of 10 different Hobgoblin and 3 hobhound sculpts with separate heads (and weapons for the hobgoblins)

Cheers,
Carsten

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:54:07 AM by CarstenR »

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
Re: [Kickstarter] Hobgoblins
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 07:49:56 AM »
Thanks for the info and link! I like them.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 08:50:26 AM »
That is going to appeal to a lot of the Oldschool crowd. The old pre-slotta Hobgoblins have a devoted following and those are a great authentic homage and expansion to the range.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline CarstenR

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 11:55:33 AM »
They do seem to be popular  :)

Since the start of this thread, it has generated enough funds to unlock an 11th sculpt (shooting Crossbow pose, I guess), and on its way to unlock the 12th (second archer pose).

Offline CarstenR

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
The Hobgoblin Kickstarter has 12 days left, and has now run out of stretch goals.

Currently, the basic pledge (£30) gives you 16 multipart metal 28 mm hobgoblin bodies with 12 head variants and weapon options plus 3 different Hobhound bodies and 3 head variants.

Note that the crossbow bodies can be used as spearmen/ polearm troops too.

Here are some of the concept sketches for the stretch goal models and a picture of greens for some of the original pledge models.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 09:28:51 PM »
I do like the overall look, but it seems to me that the heads are a bit big, which makes them look slightly cartoonish. Other than that they look pretty spot on.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 01:39:17 AM »
These are great!

Offline CarstenR

• Assistant
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 09:37:27 AM »
The Hobgoblin Kickstarter is entering its last 48 hours, and a final stretch goal has been added: Shields in the style of the original Fantasy Tribe Hobgoblins - grained wooden front, shield boss and metal or leather rim:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:18:54 PM by CarstenR »

Offline irvinil

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 10:58:08 PM »
Hello fellow gamers and mini collectors.
I wake up 2 years too late..

I fell in love with these hobgoblins that could expand perfectly my tribe for my DD campaign I am running with my old friends.
Some of them are in between the FT series of 1982 and the later oriental style DL2 hobgoblins by the genius Aly Morrison !!

Unfortunately Satanic Panic has closed its shop with no date of reopening so far. I understand fully the concerns of the owner who legitimately wants to take a break to redo the shop and reorganise its business beside his own family and work life... but it broke my hearth.

By chance, do you know if one pledger of the kickstarter campaign want to sell / trade some unused miniatures?
any help will be highly appreciated!
THANKS!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 06:54:13 AM »
I see there is a troll kickstarter running byu them right now too. I'd be more interested in it if it weren't a randomly selected troll out of 15 but they have a nice cool vibe to them. Love the jutting jaws.

Offline CarstenR

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 07:46:30 AM »

By chance, do you know if one pledger of the kickstarter campaign want to sell / trade some unused miniatures?
any help will be highly appreciated!
THANKS!

I backed the KS, and have more than I need. I'll PM you.

Cheers,
Carsten