Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kill Team - Inquisition, Plague Zombies and Cultists - Acolyte Rule Set  (Read 2469 times)

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Hello Adventurers,

I recently discovered a set of independent rules for Kill Team by the name of ACOLYTE:

https://linktr.ee/acolytegame

As a fan of smaller scale skirmish games and after listening to the first two audio books of the Eisenhorn triliogy, my enthusiasm for the Imperial Inquisition was fulelled!

The game begins with you, an Imperial Inquisition Agent of the rank Acolyte. You may choose a small retinue to take with you into battle which is supported by the local PDF - Planetary Defence Force.

Here's the starting point for me, all the models needed for the Imperial side. My Acolyte is a Latent Pysker, which is why I've posed her with an outstretched arm and open hand, as if she's blasting a traitor with her powers. Her 2 retinue members are a Canid and an 'Off Worlder' which is a retired Guard Kasrkin Veteran who slings dual Auto Pistols, the rest of the models are the PDF. I wanted to make the PDF look different from standard Guard, so following the rules I converted them to be armed with Autoguns, Auto Pistols and a Shotgun. All good weapons for Underhive fights!

Before I paint the Acolyte, I will repose her slightly, elevating her standing foot onto something, a piece of debris, pipe etc so she looks less tilted.

The Guard Veteran was converetd from a Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guard, they are bigger than the newer Cadians, so it fit the theme of a retired Kasrkin, plus I liked the run/shoot pose.

As yo can see, several models I selected have the run pose, as the game pits you against a Nurgle Cult in the Underhive, at times heavily outnumbered, I wanted to get a feel of movement, action and desperation, fighting against the odds vs Zombies, Cultists and perhaps a Plaguebearer to 2......

More to come  :)
COMMISIONS OPEN - I CUSTOM KITBASH YOUR MODELS. 40K, STARGRAVE, NECROMUNDA, AoS; FORBIDDEN PSALM

https://withkoji.com/@IsItSheerMadness

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Some nice builds there. It sounds like a fun concept too: looking forward to seeing how this project progresses.

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Painting has begun on the Planetary Defence Force miniatures! Here's some accompanying members of the 'Hamars Rift 73rd'

As the game is set in the lower levels of the Hive, I wanted the Flamer to look like he's sweating so I used satin varnish to get a sheen on his head and then used some thick clear gel from Liquitex that dries clear to represent the sweat beading down his face.

Here's a sneak preview of some of the 'Enemies' - 2 Plague Zombies and 2 Cultists, for the cult members I will have a running theme of 'Masks' - all members will be hiding their identities behind some form of hood, mask, helmet etc.

A pair of Cultists:

Stay tuned for more painting and kitbashing soon!

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
I love them, where is the female cultist head from?

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
I love that first zombie! The cultists look really good too.

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
I love them, where is the female cultist head from?

Thank you! The head is green stuff. It's made based upon a female head from the game Kingdom Death Monster.

I love that first zombie! The cultists look really good too.

Thank you, I do love a Zombie :-) I don't really like the concept behind the GW Zeds holding weapons etc so I was happy to find a use for them by chopping off arms and heads and repurposing them for some Kill Team  :D

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
I was impressed before seeing you'd made that head yourself - wow.

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Hello once again!

It has been a while, I'm sorry! I had a commission build over the festive period so I had to pause this project, but it's back!

I've painted all the Imperial troops needed for the opening missions, here's the last 2 members of the Planetary Defense Force:

Next up is the 'Gunslinger' a Kasrkin Veteran now in the employment of the Imperial Inquisition.

To finish the group off, the Acolyte herself; in game she's a Latent Pysker, the outstretched arm and slightly raised palm are to represent her 'blasting' someone before moving in with her Power Sword.....

And the group shot, one happy family about to hunt some cultists.....

Next up will be the Plague Zombies  :D

Offline Akrim

• Student
    • The Ikaran Chronicles
Fantastic kitbashes and painting, they look great. They all have a lot of individual character.
I do a lot of "Inquisimunda" modelling myself, this rules set sounds interesting.

Looking forward to the zombies!

Offline Gangleri

• Scientist
Really wonderful.  I like the zombies and cultists in particular. The GS work is just great.  The rules also seem like a fun way to get a kind of Darktide set-up going.
Now what is this whole life of mortals but a sort of comedy, in which the various actors, disguised by various costumes and masks, walk on and play each one his part, until the manager waves them off the stage?

http://stokefield.blogspot.com/

http://wellrallyonceagain.blogspot.com/

Offline King Arthur

• Scientist
    • SOCIALS AND SHOPS
Re: Kill Team - Inquisition, Plague Zombies and Cultists - Acolyte Rule Set
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 12:18:51 PM »
As promised, here's the Plague Zombies!

Lastly, here's the group shot, 10 Zombies on the prowl for lunch in the Underhive.....

They were kitbashed from various GW Kits (Necromunda Hive Scum, Escher, Neophytes, Enforcers) along with parts from AoS Zombies, some old Dryad bitz I have, the metal parts are from some Studio Miniatures Zombies and the resin parts were cut off of some fantasy 3D printed Zombies I had in a box. Next up will the painting, I'm going use to oils primarily as I think the 'messy' look you can achieve with little effort will suit the Zombies best.

Stay tuned for more!

Offline Kourtchatovium104

• Scientist
  • An atom from alternate realities...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2024, 02:22:25 PM »
Very inspired kitbashed zombies ! Can't wait to see them painted :)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2024, 10:53:40 PM »
Absolutely wonderful. Exactly why I love this hobby.

Glad to hear Eisenhorn is still at work, too.

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
Great conversions, cant wait to see them painted!