Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686652
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Scarper's skirmish groups and NPCs: A sewer dragon and its pups 19/8  (Read 14249 times)

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Liking the crew very much. :)

Thank you! I'm really glad you like them.

Cool, I like how the colour scheme brings them together. The guy with the googles looks like an early Delaque, not that adding a moustache to those would be a lesser blasphemy than chopping up Shaeffers boys :)

I think I might actually have some of those lying around too, in various states of chopped up. Does it still count as blasphemy if I found them in a job lot on eBay? I'd consider it more public service lol

Awesome looking crew. Nice variety and unique characters. Love the tache!

Thank you so much! Your Magpie blog is a pretty consistent source of inspiration, so that means a lot.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist

Made a new version of the crew's cyborg Captain as I wasn't too happy with the old one. Hopefully the pose is a little more natural!

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Re: Scarper's skirmish groups and NPCs: Stargrave - Remake of the captain
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2023, 09:35:35 PM »
Latest Fisher King crewman - Jacobi Penn!

An aging, alcoholic, myopic offworlder who never stops grumbling about Josuelo's extended cold seasons, he is nonetheless the most advanced vehicle mechanic in Pico Azul, and a dab hand at disassembling security containers.

Jacobi serves as a casecracker in-game.

He's a little different from the rest of the crew, but hopefully the shared colour scheme brings him into the fold. The figure is from the now defunct Scavenge Skirmish Survive line, with a Victoria Minis arm and head and a bit of greenstuff work to bring it all together. Hope you enjoy, and C&C is welcome!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 09:42:16 PM by Scarper »

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
Really like him, he has so much character!

“Darn kids and their noisy starships cluttering up the place…”

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
I like the new guy too, the scarf is a great addition. So many half-naked barbarians in snowy scenes, I am always like "wtf, do those guys not feel the temperature?"

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Really like him, he has so much character!

“Darn kids and their noisy starships cluttering up the place…”

I mean, do they really need to park them right in front of the store?
Thanks, mate!

I like the new guy too, the scarf is a great addition. So many half-naked barbarians in snowy scenes, I am always like "wtf, do those guys not feel the temperature?"

Cheers, Freddy! A personal bugbear of mine too. Frostbite sucks!

Today's update is the ship captain - I think I'm going with 'Gazelle.' She used to be a corporate bagman for Jackson-Song, but she's nice now, honest. Nothing to do with the Fall cutting her off from contact with her corp.

Ingame, she's a cyborg, with the 'toxic claws' power, among some others.

Hope you like her, and would love any feedback. Cheers for reading!

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
I like her, where is this figure from?

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
It's a really interesting take on your cyborg captain - the non-humanoid leg configuration gives a very different feel to the chunky but anatomical bionic implants I'm used to seeing. She definitely feels enhanced, rather than just having limb replacements.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
I like her, where is this figure from?

Thanks, Freddy! She's a bit of a mishmash - torso and right arm are Stargrave kits (maybe mercs II?), with the head, left arm and legs come from Anvil Industries. The legs are these ones from their robot 'automata' line. They do work, but the hip joint is pretty wide for human sized models. It took some carving and a lot of finagling with green stuff to get it to fit!

It's a really interesting take on your cyborg captain - the non-humanoid leg configuration gives a very different feel to the chunky but anatomical bionic implants I'm used to seeing. She definitely feels enhanced, rather than just having limb replacements.

Thanks for the kind words, Axiom! I imagine Jackson-Song operatives would not be allowed much life outside their work, and I was hoping her augs would reflect that. I was going for something that looked a little inhuman and 'function over form.' I'm glad that came across :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:41:57 PM by Scarper »

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
Thanks for the info, those legs remind me a little bit of the ones from Wargame Exclusive.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
And now for something slightly different - I made some low-level scatter terrain as a break from the Fisher King guys. A pallet cleanser, if you will... 

They're pretty simple, but use some techniques which are new to me.

The tarps are baby-wipes left to dry out then soaked in watered-down PVA to shape. The pallets are coffee stirrers that I grabbed a handful of from Costa, plus some square wooden dowel. I also used up a few old wheels and barrels that have been in my bits box forever. No idea where they're from!

Hope you like them, and please let me know what you think. I'd love any comments or constructive feedback. Next week I should be back to the Fisher King.

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
I like them, the blue canvas might need another layer of drybrush to match the abandoned look.
Might be a good objective in a scenario were you shall protect the pallets from mad hipsters who want to make DIY coffee tables out of them.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
I like them, the blue canvas might need another layer of drybrush to match the abandoned look.
Might be a good objective in a scenario were you shall protect the pallets from mad hipsters who want to make DIY coffee tables out of them.

That's fair! I'll head back and go over them when I get a chance.
Your comment made me snort air from my nose.  lol

Today's update is the Fisher King's first mate, Pascha the Runt.

And with Gazelle, her (much smaller) captain:

Pascha is made from bits from the GW kroot farstalkers kit, with some green stuff work and carving to try and make her look a little more professional and a little less savage. I've not painted a lot of non-humans, so the skin tone and keratin bits were a lot of fun. I'm hoping the blues and greys are enough to tie her in with the rest of the crew!

Thanks, as always for any comments or feedback. I've got some great advice from the LAF in the past, so I honestly do value any ideas. Thanks for looking!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Another characterful conversion, cracking.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Bags of character ... particularly the last couple  8)