Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New card Western buildings  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
New card Western buildings
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
I'm quite a fan of cardstock buildings, as I haven't either the skill and time to build or the cash to buy proper models.

Fat Dragon Games [who do some superb fantasy stuff] have released a new Old West set. I personally think they are as good, maybe better than, Eric Hotz's stuff, which I love. The only minius point is that there isn't such a large number of buildings as in the Whitewash city range.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=65324{1}1

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Re: New card Western buildings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
They look good, never fancied printed buildings before but at that price and they do luck good will give them a try, thanks for the link.

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »
I'm quite a fan of cardstock buildings, as I haven't either the skill and time to build or the cash to buy proper models.

That's interesting - I always find cardstock buildings the most difficult to make.

Having said that, can these easily be upscaled? I game Western in 54mm so if they can, I may have another try at cardstock. In fact, maybe I should just follow the link and find out for myself... :D

Doug

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »
That's interesting - I always find cardstock buildings the most difficult to make.

Having said that, can these easily be upscaled? I game Western in 54mm so if they can, I may have another try at cardstock. In fact, maybe I should just follow the link and find out for myself... :D

Doug

I my fingers stay intact more often when cutting card rather than other materials lol

I have no idea how easy it would be to change the size, but they are PDFs, if that is any help. I've never tried resizing PDFs so have no idea if it is possible  :?

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:26 PM »
just down loaded my set and its great , not built them yet will let you know how they work out asap. Just anotherpoint ,I had a problem downloading and  opening the files but both the staff at fat dragon and rpgnow were very helpful and sorted the problem their response was great. :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »
just down loaded my set and its great , not built them yet will let you know how they work out asap. Just anotherpoint ,I had a problem downloading and  opening the files but both the staff at fat dragon and rpgnow were very helpful and sorted the problem their response was great. :)

Same here - apparently the file name was too long or something. They changed it and sorted the problem  :)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »
they did very quickly and efficiently

Offline MuleSkinner

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:28:50 AM »
they look excellent, will have to d/l a set.......thanx for the link  :)
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »
still not started building them yet but going through the file there are mulitiple versions of each building available so its even better value.

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »
I have look at their website, seems interesting, price are cheap.
also I have noted a western adventure book for GM.
thanks for sharing Gluteus 8)
Piero

Offline nomadik

• Assistant
    • Jesse Acosta's Art Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »
Wow, those are really impressive. I'm more of a fan of building mine from balsa and foam core, but these are really cool!

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 08:52:16 AM »
just played first game using these and they look great and are the first card buildings ive made and they went together so easily, and the number of different versions  you can build is brilliant .Its listed as a starter set on the site so I hope they bring some more out soon.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 10:21:28 AM »
Itchy,

I'm glad they turned out well. I haven't had time to make any yet, but I'll have to try soon!

Yes, lets hope they sell well and more are produced. Judging from their fantasy stuff, they should bring out plenty more:D

Offline Skunkape

• Bookworm
    • http://www.johnprime.com/games.php
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
I have no idea how easy it would be to change the size, but they are PDFs, if that is any help. I've never tried resizing PDFs so have no idea if it is possible  :?

Depending on how the PDFs were saved created, you might be able to open them up in an image editing program, Gimp, Photoshop, etc and then size the accordingly. You can size WorldWorks Games pdfs, but not Holtz Artworks pdfs, because Denny doesn't software protect his pdfs, but Eric does.

I'm going to have to pick up these Fat Dragon buildings though, because I like their fantasy stuff.
Skunk

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
I bought these a few week's ago to sue for Malifaux as the fringes have a western theme.  Love the layers system so you can make them look a little different..

Started them last night with the Sheriff's building..

Become who you really are... [/i]