Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690455
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 598
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old Weird West by supervike updated April 26, 2023  (Read 5402 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Old Weird West by supervike updated March 16
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2023, 06:13:11 AM »
I really love your storyline and background.  :-* It’s actually pretty gloomy, which I like, and supported by an excellent choice of very well painted models!

Offline Aethelwulf

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2023, 07:08:15 AM »
Those are great, especially the Stranger  :) :-*
''Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed''-Jack Churchill

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2023, 02:09:56 AM »
Just to the southeast of Grackle...

By all accounts Lester was a trustworthy and punctual man.    Day in and day out, he’d rise before the sun, go tend to the Dabney Ranch, and then return to Ms. Baudette's boarding house right at suppertime.   Just like clockwork, every evening around 9, he’d excuse himself from his fellow boarding housemates to use the privy out back.

Mr. Cole Dabney, the owner of the ranch dropped by one morning to ask if Lester had been under the weather.  Lester hadn’t showed up in two days.   Being concerned, Ms. Baudette questioned a few of the boys about Lester that very evening.

Not being an observant lot, the first response was “Who?”
After describing the lanky fella, Ms. Baudette continued by asking if Lester had said anything or acted different of late.

Clem Ford piped up, “Now that ya say it, ol Lester had asked if any of them boys was playing a prank.  He said he heard snuffling and scratching coming from behind the privy a coupla different times while he was out there”

As no sign of Lester came forth that week, Ms. Baudette had Clem and Sven muck out the privy.  The end of the week was coming up, and she wanted to rent out Lesters room.

After cursing name of their fellow cowpoke, the pair discovered two things.  There was no sign of Lester Archambeau in that there outhouse and the boys of Ms. Baudettes boarding house needed to stop eating so many beans.

I guess we'll never know what happened to poor Lester Archambeau.

***  I had built this little outhouse, which was my first mdf building.  So, I wanted to show it off.  But, who the heck wants to look at a tiny wooden outhouse??

The creature is an old EM-4/grenadier mini...I think it was called a Shambler.  Of course we know it as the The Beast of Baudettes boarding house...

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Old Weird West by supervike updated March 21
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2023, 07:51:18 AM »
That’s brilliant pulpy Wild West horror!  :o
Love the beastie!

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Old Weird West by supervike updated March 21
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2023, 04:19:02 AM »
Grackle had it's gold and silver rush a while back, and when the metals began to run out, the smart ones did too.

But Grackle has a way of sinking it's teeth into you and not letting go.

A few folks stayed by choice or by lot, and watched it slowly decayed into a ghost town. 

With the discovery of Pitchblende ore, (also known as Uranite,) a new boom has been going on.   Steve, or as they call him now, Glowy Steve has become a bit of a celebrity in town because of that find.  Always a light in the darkness (literally as he now glows green) Steve has helped breath life back into the old Town.

Now, Grackle raises itself from the grave to live again.

Some of the towns stalwarts.

Keeping an eye on the thoroughfare is not a bad idea, always some sort of trouble brewing out there.  Downright strange trouble.

Practicing the quick draw.  It pays to be quick, cuz the slow ones get fed to the hogs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 04:23:28 AM by supervike »

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
Re: Old Weird West by supervike updated April 26, 2023
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2023, 03:45:53 AM »
Masterful brushwork! Inspirational! You really bring them to life!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper