Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:04:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691275
  • Total Topics: 118383
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Oh schaurig ist‘s übers Moor zu gehen. Florian‘s Silver Bayonet  (Read 9259 times)

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
Re: Oh schaurig ist‘s übers Moor zu gehen. Florian‘s Silver Bayonet
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2023, 08:28:23 PM »
Nice  8)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 08:19:22 AM »
Nice  8)

Love the Vampire/half human and  a great backstory. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2023, 01:55:15 PM »
Lovely stuff. Where is the vampire from?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2023, 03:24:02 PM »
Thank you, gentlemen!

Lovely stuff. Where is the vampire from?

He’s an old Freebooter Miniatures sculpt. He comes with a nice base. Afaik they don’t sell him anymore, though.

Love the Vampire/half human and  a great backstory. :)

Thank you, it’s actually a lot of fun woth these games with very small model count!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Goblins aresome of the most common monsters in The Silver Bayonet. The official minis are fine, but first of all, I‘d like to reuse as many of my old models as possible without buying tons of new stuff and then I have to admit I think they look too brutal.

I’d like to go more into the mischievous little rascal theme. Goblins in The Silver Bayonet are described as just an overall term for all kind of little people. So staying in the North German context that would mean they represent Heinzelmännchen, Kobolde, the Klabautermann and so on. Of course, the North Sea is not that big and all kinds of Celtic spirits might be at home in the bogs, too.

So with that in mind I went to my carefully curated collection of exquisite miniature soldiers (=a huge pile of unfinished and semi finished Model unsystematically put into boxes and spread over several shelves) and found my old Rackham stuff.

I have some familiars that might be just what I was looking for. Furthermore I found a few goblins that might also fit.

Here are the first two. The goblin is an old model from the time when Goblinaid was called upon by Ral Partha while the living armor is a limited Rackham model. The latter one will either be of use as a goblin or be used as a living armor.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
I feel several of the monsters in The Silver Bayonet feel too modern, too violent and not really gothic. Werewolf tales, however, are a true classic of the time. Annette von Droste-Hülshoff is probably best known to German speakers since she is often read at school. Her ballad „Der Loup Garou“ is freely available on the internet and a great read that also oozes atmosphere for The Silver Bayonet: The world is full of supernatural beings who reward or play tricks on humans. The Fei (=fey?) checks the work of the women in thehouse, while outside in the unprotected wilderness scarier things like the Loup Garou roam.

Strictly following my „no new minis“ policy, I found some very good models for werewolves: Rackham Wolfen. Sure, they’re armed and look pretty scary, but actually, the sculpting of the Perrys is en par with them. I was tempted to cut off the weapons, but then decided to keep them: in von Droste-Hülshoff’s poetry the loup garou is not really described as in a monster manual and so a lot is left to the reader.

My werewolves are clearly very anthropomorphic, cursed humans, that shift into wolf-ogres comparable to the garou in White Wolf‘s World of Darkness RPG.

This one was a limited model and the pose is near perfect. As said above, without the axe it would be a near perfect werewolf. Even like this, however, I think it hits really well with The Silver Bayonet.

I haven’t decided on the name (for silliness’s sake I am tempted to call him Jean Bey), but he is a cursed nobleman from Brittany left to die in his home at Broceliande forest by Napoleons lackeys. When he lay there dying, „JB“ made a pact with the supernatiral to gain his revenge. Now he stalks his murderes in the bogs of Germany. Whoever gets between a Loup Garou and his prey, becomes prey.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:19:58 PM by DivisMal »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2023, 09:44:44 AM »
Lovely beastie ;D

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2023, 10:36:18 AM »
 Nice Werewolf  8) 8)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2023, 12:00:04 PM »
Continually great work mate. 👍
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2023, 07:13:41 PM »
That werewolf is genuinely terrifying.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2023, 08:38:58 PM »
Lovely beastie ;D

Nice Werewolf  8) 8)

Continually great work mate. 👍

That werewolf is genuinely terrifying.

Thank you, gentlemen, I am happy to have finally found a purpose for him. The more I watch him next to my Perry Rifles the more I think he’s really a good size for this kind of gaming. After all he’s not going after lone, wandering girls but against King George‘s best.

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2023, 08:32:35 AM »
Tragic Backstory for the Werewolf and the Gargoyle. Now we need some purely evil villains. 👍

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2023, 12:01:14 AM »
Tragic Backstory for the Werewolf and the Gargoyle. Now we need some purely evil villains. 👍

I am working on them, but French uniforms are much more complicated than the all green and black of the 95th rifles!  lol

For a start, I’ve now gone Silverloque, termed by fellow LAFer Hummster: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=134721.msg1710230#msg1710230

Here is Snigrot d‘Oldenbourge, the new commander of the anti-insurgent forces of the French army in Northern Germany. Snigrot is, as you can easily guess, no native of Paris or Greater France. In fact, he barely has learned French, but his knowledge of the local area and his hatred for the Lutheranian clergy (and citizenship) made him a logical choice for Napoleon. Snigrot, now able to pay his tormentors back, has bound his fate to that of Bonarparte. He is one of the most ruthless officers in the Grande Armée and wages war against insurgents, the supernatural and the British liberators without mery.

Vive l‘Empereur!

PS
His base will be pimped adm he‘ll get some more highlights in the coming days.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2023, 12:06:31 AM »
And here’s another „goblin“ that can also be used as a living armor. The model is from Anakrôn and perfectly captures the spirit of Confrontation, but it’s also awesome for The Silver Bayonet.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 12:08:51 AM by DivisMal »

Offline Cordvane

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2023, 08:00:58 AM »
That Snigrot fellow looks somewhat fishy. Can't lay my finger on it. 🤔 Maybe it's because he's from Oldenburg, those friesians are a special bunch. 🤷‍♂️

I am working on them, but French uniforms are much more complicated than the all green and black of the 95th rifles!  lol
lol