Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Scottish contingents (Well just me) Visit to BLAM 2009  (Read 7516 times)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
The Scottish contingents (Well just me) Visit to BLAM 2009
« on: October 27, 2009, 03:08:15 PM »
I have already posted some of the pictures of the games I played over the weekend on the various threads for those games.
I didn’t want to steal anybodies thunder by starting a thread on their games so I thought I would just post all the rest of my pictures here together.
Friday
The first game I play was Malamutes Zorro game which was great fun with a very cinematic finish as Jollybob’s Zorro stole the show, and stole the money, and stole the Kiss off the old granny on the balcony. lol lol lol
I have added my pictures to this thread.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13969.msg163356#msg163356
All my guys got killed in this game.  :'(
But I still came away with some excellent Zorro figures just for playing the game  :o :o 
Thanks Nick very unexpected and I will paint him up one day soonish. :D

For my second game we played Overlords stunning Geasers game. :o :o

The scenario was for the villains to transfer the money from the van used in a heist to the two getaway cars inside an old warehouse. Then escape off of the board up toward the other end.
I controlled two of the villains. Grim had another three and Driscoles had another one and the gang boss.
Sorry I have not got as many pictures as I would have liked as I was too busy enjoying the game.
The game started with some police sirens in the distance. We are still not sure why some of the sirens sounded like German ones and some sounded like British ones. ??? ??? ;)
The gang loaded up the two cars with one of my guys driving the lead car. My second man ran to open the (fully operating on the model :o :o :o ) doors.
The cars raced out of the doors.
It is believed that it was a translation problem that caused my guy to be left behind to fend for himself while the rest raced off. >:( >:(
Straight towards the police car blocking the only escape route out of the dock area.
Our leader not being a nasty villain but a good British villain shot out the rear tyre of the police car allowing my character to force his way past in the lead car.
Unbeknown to us simple villains the Sweeny had enacted a shoot to kill policy that day and Reagan proceeded to shoot my driver in the head causing the car to crash. He then went on to deal out the same unwarranted punishment to the driver of the second car, shot to the head. :'(
There then followed a foot race between the police and the villains with a few scuffles mixed in for good measure. Which resulted in only the boss getting away, on his own with a single case of money.

What you may ask happened to my guy left behind. ???
He managed to sneak out of the back door of the warehouse, climb over a wall and proceed to walk up the street past some curious onlookers.  ::)

After seeing his friends shot down and needing a car to get away. He then attacked a Sweeny officer near his car and managed to shoot him but with his dying breath the policeman then shot and killed my character as well.

So all my guys got killed in this game as well (are you starting to notice a trend here.)  :'( :'(

So that was the end of the first day. I missed out on the Dr Who which looked like a lot of fun.

That’s the first part of this thread I will post up what I did on Saturday latter on.
Cheers
Colin

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: The Scottish contingents (Well just me) Visit to BLAM 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing. That’s a nice game report of what looked like a very fun game. BTW, thanks to all those who have taken pictures of the event. It always nice to see all the great terrain and figures you guys used. Most of all that’s very inspiring stuff!  8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »
The news helicopter caught the action very well. Thanks for the photos!

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:03:57 PM »
Great pics GM, always sad to see an empty pint glass though   ;)
Don't!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »
Great pics GM, always sad to see an empty pint glass though   ;)
I supposed if I was a professional photographer I would have taken it out of the picture or at least had it full.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
Saturday
First game on Saturday was Captain Blood’s FIW game. I have already posted my pictures on this thread
 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13697.msg163941#msg163941
It was a great game. With a board and figures that every gamer would aspire to having.
Stunning stuff and a pleasure to play on.
One thing to note is that all my soldiers died in this game as well. (Trend?)
But they did take a fair few of the enemy with them.

The second game I played in was the Stargate 1895 by thunderchiken and Dewbakuk, with figures by Jollybob
I was in control of a squad of Jaffa and the Goa'uld system Lords First Prime Rok nar (Not sure I have spelt the name right). The names are a bit difficult to remember, getting old and all that.
The Goa'uld system lord was in control of another squad run by Dave (Kestrel)
The object of the game was to find an artefact left behind by a previous Goa'uld.
A SG team comprising O’Neil, Carter, Jackson, Tal’k, Valla and Mitchell were also searching for the artefact, accompanied by a naval rifle squad commanded by Sgt Brighton – Early (A relative of Colonel Brighton – Early who we will see in a game tomorrow). They were also accompanied by another comedy character but for the life of me I can’t remember her name! ???
The game started with everybody splitting up to search around the statues in the underground complex. Until my character Rok nar managed to catch O’Neil in the process of searching a statue. With the help of my Jaffa we managed to chase off O’Neil. Then my character found the artefact. He then proceeded to head for the exit.

Meanwhile the main Goa’uld character and his squad of Jaffa mucked about on the other half of the table all 11 of them having trouble finishing off the Feeble Jackson, who they had trapped in a room.
The naval rifle squad was able to avoid these Jaffa and circle round to trap my squad between them and the other SG characters who had arrived on scene. In the bloody battle that followed O’Neil, Mitchell and Tal’k were all killed along with all of my Jaffa. Rok nar was also killed and Carter managed to make it away with the artefact.

But just in the nick of time Rok nar managed to regenerate and get back in the fight. Only to be killed yet again.
The remaining SG personnel then tried to make it back to the exit but their way was blocked by the system lord who had eventually deemed in necessary to get into the battle. ???

The SG team tried to go another way but to their horror discovered that Rok nar had regenerated once again.  >:D

This time he managed to Kill Valla leaving only Carter alive to run off with the artefact. The remaining Naval squad then managed to kill Rok nar again.  :'(
But they were then engaged by the system lords force.
Carter tried to run around the back way to the exit but Rok nar yet again managed to regenerate and killing one of the naval troopers managed to chase after carter and eventually take her down and retrieve the artefact.
With the system lord finishing off the remaining navel riflemen the game finished.

The trials and tribulations of a First Prime - Rok Nar

Again you will notice the Trend! I wish all my figures could regenerate in every game I played. :D
It was a great game and loads of fun.
Thanks for all the hard work guys

There were three other games on the go that I never managed to play as we ran out of time. They were Jollybob’s Chinese game, Matakishi’s African game and Jimbibbly’s Samurai game.
All three games looked stunning and I would have loved to have played in all three. The people who did play them seemed to have a great time and all the boards and figures were stunning. I never managed to get any pictures of Jollybob’s or Matakishi’s game but I did get some of the samurai game.

The castle and terrain were stunning. :o :o :-* :-*
The detail on some of the buildings is unbelievable :-* :-* :-*

Anyway that was the end of the Saturday we finished early due to a wedding.
Saturday night was the Chinese meal with was great.
Well done to the winners.
I will post Sundays picture later. 

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »
Great report Mac, and really glad to see that you eventually managed to get rid of that troublesome Carter and break your unlucky dying streak.  lol Great photos of the action too. 

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »
Sunday
The game I played on Sunday morning was a VSF game put on by Bullshot. Part of his England invaded ongoing campaign.
The scenario was that the British force was going to carry out a raid behind Prussian lines to destroy a heavy siege piece before it could fire on London.
The Raid was to be lead by Colonel Brighton-early. In command of a scratch built force containing various different elements including Army and Naval personnel.
The table was set up like this

With the British coming on the north side of the board.
The Prussians were in the south, asleep in the tents and the buildings of the local village.
The siege gun was placed near to the middle of the table.
The British force at the start of the game consisted of
Colonel Brighton-early
Two squads of British Infantry
Two impervious battle suits
A machine gun armed scout walker
A light Aeronef armed with a pea shooter and some bombs
Large naval transport walker armed with two machine guns, Transporting a Naval Brigade rifle squad and Admiral Muff D’ Iver commander of the naval detachment.
The Balloon Reconnaissance and Assault Squadron (BRAS)
Marine Amphibious Mechanical Man Armoured Reconnaissance Impervious Environmental Suit (MAMMARIES)

The Prussian force at the start of the Game consisted of
A steam tank with a medium gun
Steam staff car
and A HUGE BIG GUN

For authenticity they did have two (as close as was possible) real Prussian Commanders who carried out their discussions in German to confuse British intelligence (What there was of it).

The British Forces advanced before the lazy Prussians managed to get out of bed.
The game started well for the first outing of the MAMMARIES it broke down right at the start and the pilot kept on failing to get it started so he got left behind.

My other new unit on their first outing, the BRAS, charged off at full peddle power.
Bullshot had written some rules for these just before the game and gave them all explosive anti-armour lances.
So as soon as I seen a steam tank they charged off towards it to see how the lances worked. What I didn’t understand about the rules Bullshot have given them was that they had no saving throw. So when the Prussians managed to pull on their trousers (or lederhosen as the case maybe) and get out the tents they proceeded to wipe out the BRAS in two turns.
By the way the lances failed to hit the steam tank so I still don’t know if they are any good. So no doubt the same will happen at their next outing.

Close on the heels of the BRAS came Malamutes steam walker carrying the naval brigade.
The walker managed to get right up to the siege gun and disgorge its troop so they could start to lay the demolition charges.
In the centre of the board the British infantry advanced towards the gun supported by the two impervious suits.
The Aeronef advanced towards the steam tank but failed to do any damage with its pea shooter. In return the steam tank managed to damage the armour of the Aeronef halving its saving throw.
The scout walker raced up the far side of the table towards the village.
It was at this point the Prussians sprung their ambush.
A Zeppelin came on to the board from the west and some helicopter troops came on from the east. Various squads of soldiers emerged from the houses and clanks and battle suits started advancing along the road in the village.

I am sorry but I have not got many pictures of the Zeppelin because before it could do any damage the stout squad of British infantry on that flank used their expect marksmanship to bring it crashing down.

The helicopter troops on the opposite flank were harder to deal with and managed to cause some casualties among the other British squad.
But at long last the MAMMARIES managed to get started and was able to shoot a couple of the blighters down.

The Aeronef in the centre was not doing very well. It managed to manoeuvre over a squad of Prussian to drop some bombs only for the Prussians to gain the initiative and move away to charge the naval squad around the gun in close combat. It was then shot down.

Around the gun turned into a huge skirmish as the Prussians tried to prevent the demolition charges getting placed.
Out on the flank some Jagermonsters tried to pull the legs off on the scout walker but failed and were shot down by the advancing British infantry. The impervious suits joined in the fight along side colonel Brighton-early.
On the flank the MAMMARIES managed to finish off the last of the helicopter troops

In the middle they managed to hold off all the Prussians could throw at them until the explosives were ready to go. Then the colonel led the tactical withdrawal away from the gun prior to it exploding. The lieutenant in charge naval squad stayed behind to protect the charges and was killed in the finial explosion. His name has been put forward for a gallantry award.

The vehicle of the game has to go to the steam walker

Which done every thing it was asked of. Even though there were no controls :D ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
A damn fine report Sir. The action reported exactly as it happened :)

No saving throws for the BRA's.  :o Didn't know that, will have to have a word with Sir Heinrich Bullshott about that(he does favour the Prussian you know...) ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:32:33 PM by Malamute »
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »
Indeed he does, and yet the British usually snatch a victory  lol

I think he was treating them as conveyances. Essentially fast transport but unarmoured, so the guys were treated as cavalry with better movement. Troops don't usually get a save in GASLIGHT.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 04:24:52 PM »
No saving rolls for the BRA's! Outrageous!

Great pics and game report GM.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 04:42:08 PM »
Top hole, another great report.  :)

I seem to remember the same thing happening to that zepellin last year as well...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »
Don't think so. It got shot down like that at the big Venus game but at last years BLAM it was pretty much indestructible (I was using it, at least in the second game).

Oh and the commedy name for the fainting woman in the Stargate game was Rosie Bottom.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 05:08:30 PM »
Oh? What crashed into the glasshouse then?  ???

I'm probably thinking of a completely different game. Old. So very old...

Never mind, still looks like a great game, wish we could have stayed around for a bit more of it.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 05:17:09 PM »
No idea, must have been the first game (that happened while I was on the M25 carpark for three hours  >:( )