Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 638
Total: 642

Recent

Author Topic: Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Lunar Tuesdays  (Read 7603 times)

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
  • "Cthulhu fhtagn Ya'll!"
    • F.F.o.S.
Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Soviet LK3, The Bear has Landed.
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2023, 08:06:20 PM »
That Soviet moon lander is perfect, it's so wonderfully.... Soviet.  :-* :-* :-*

The fact that it's apparently part of the 7th Independent Guards Heavy Tank Brigade is even better.

So I have this box of random water slide decals I was sifting through and I thought this Star & Bear look Soviet! I never really looked up the logo so I didn’t know its origin. I am a bad historical gamer (for shame!) Now that you pointed out its origin, I can see it being classified as a Soviet project under an obscure guard unit to through-off the CIA. How ever I can also see it as a communist era clerical mistake. It’s funny either way.
Thank you
Wingnut.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 09:10:47 PM by Wingnut »
Wingnut
1st Citizen of Beaverlick,WY.

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Soviet LK3, The Bear has Landed.
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2023, 05:05:29 AM »
A couple of updates: First Although no Official word from Beijing on the U.N.'s confirmation that the Peoples Republic of China are not only  present on the Moon in a Lunar Outpost but speculation has put them Landing as early as 1981.

More Pictures on the Blog:https://lunarslander.blogspot.com/2023/08/china-on-moon.html

Wingnut

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
2nd Update: hopefully these pictures are under better light and focus.

Blog Link: https://lunarslander.blogspot.com/2023/08/improved-nasa-team-pictures.html

Wingnut

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
That's one hell of a leaf blower that chap has. Everyone's favorite/least favorite neighbour come autumn.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
That's one hell of a leaf blower that chap has. Everyone's favorite/least favorite neighbour come autumn.
When do we mention there nothing for the leaf blower to blow?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is..... Oh! Hang on, no wind up there either. :?

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is..... Oh! Hang on, no wind up there either. :?

The answer my friend is blowing in the solar wind, the answer is.....

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Great project - enjoying the updates  :)

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Updated pictures of the Cosmonauts. This was my first attempt at the Lunar Figures. I cleaned up some of the Photos for detail.

Wingnut

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
I have been tempted by Lunar for quite a while now. I've had my cart filled to the brim twice already and then I sobered up when finding out what the shipping costs and added taxes would amount to...

The whole alternative race to the moon subject is just so cool though! I watched Apollo 18, Space Force and For All Mankind, and I read Hot Moon (Apollo Rising #1), and all of them enticed me to do some lunar gaming. Like Lunar.

Your whole project is wonderful and I'm (not so) secretly jealous of it. The table is looking great, as do the miniatures and the Soviet lander is just awesome. Will you do an Apollo lander as well? How about a Svezda base? Oh. and excellent suggestion regarding the visor reflection decals! let's hope they'll bite, eh ;)

Regardless; I'll be following this thread closely from now on... 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
This crys out for something like the moonbus from 2001, or the one on the UFO TV series
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Sgt_T

• Scientist
    • Toomuchterrain
I have been tempted by Lunar for quite a while now. I've had my cart filled to the brim twice already and then I sobered up when finding out what the shipping costs and added taxes would amount to...

The whole alternative race to the moon subject is just so cool though! I watched Apollo 18, Space Force and For All Mankind, and I read Hot Moon (Apollo Rising #1), and all of them enticed me to do some lunar gaming. Like Lunar.

Your whole project is wonderful and I'm (not so) secretly jealous of it. The table is looking great, as do the miniatures and the Soviet lander is just awesome. Will you do an Apollo lander as well? How about a Svezda base? Oh. and excellent suggestion regarding the visor reflection decals! let's hope they'll bite, eh ;)

Regardless; I'll be following this thread closely from now on... 8)

Same here!

T.

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Beijing's Taikonauts and improved NASA PICS
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2023, 04:55:29 AM »
SRG-T And Daeothar,
I can't imagine what shipping & Taxes would be to Europe. There is a Digital version with some STL files for figures that will be coming out soon. That may cut down on the price, but sadly also selection of mini's. Puts playing closer to affordable. There is also the use of alternative miniatures in other scales. Black Site is a small operation here in the states and some order fulfillment can take up to 6 weeks.  :(  Keep that in mind if you want to run an extended campaign with a local club.
Alternately I have enjoyed the 4 games we have played of it. Short set up time, relatively intuitive rules, and a game session is less than an hour. Other than the long order to fulfillment times I have been pleased with the product and I'm happy to have endeavored in the purchase.
One of the things I've enjoyed about the written scenarios (rule book) is the goals are generally resource centric, except the 3rd scenario where you defend a base which can turn violent quickly. The morale rules mostly keep from total team wipe outs.

In closing, I hope I can present the project in a way that is intriguing and entertaining to you all. If you're inspired to post on your projects; I've done a good thing. Your responses and input keep me painting and building new things.

Wingnut

Offline Wingnut

• Scientist
    • F.F.o.S.
Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Luner Tuesday
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2023, 06:00:12 AM »
There are three of us playing through the Rule-book's campaign system and it Looks like we are calling it "Lunar-Tuesday" (In no ill intent to the Rolling Stones). No Long winded AAR's here, In fact as mentioned before No wind at all.
Scenarios 1 to 3 https://lunarslander.blogspot.com/2023/08/for-all-mankind-of.html
Pictures:

Scenario 3 slightly modified https://lunarslander.blogspot.com/2023/08/the-moons-dark-side.html
Pictures:

Soviet Medical team loading lander with raw materials.

This heavily armed Strike team carried a Net launcher, a less-than-Lethal but more-than-comical improvised mass launcher, and the most deadly weapon in their inventory a portable mining drill.

This is a lunar American Sniper team armed with a Mass-Shot-Gun and a Gym-sock filled with moon rocks (Improvised weapon). We actually name our generic improvised weapon cards.

Wingnut

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Wingnut's LUNAR Project, Update: Lunar Tuesdays
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2023, 09:18:26 AM »
This is brilliant!

Please keep us updated.