Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686498
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] My Last Sunrise 2 (Women of Horror)  (Read 6783 times)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
[KS] My Last Sunrise 2 (Women of Horror)
« on: March 21, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »
EDIT: LIVE NOW!
Eeek, this launches TOMORROW! Please do join the "Notify me" gang to super duper help out. This project is going to be [mostly] Women of Horror. We have Vampires, Vampire Hunters, Werewolves, Mummies, Ghouls, Zombies, Scientists, Constructs and more! All hand sculpted by Shane Hoyle, Jo Brumby and Alan Marsh.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/my-last-sunrise-2

There will also be splendid bundles with our existing horror minis and scenics as well.

Here are some sneaky peeks.....

Ralph Plowman has sent me this lovely pic of his painting on our sorceress, with a stunning Jon Hodgson backdrop

I'll be adding more pics before launch as well, I'm just running around at the moment doing all the last minute tasks :D

- Annie
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 02:44:40 PM by Annie »

Offline Aethelflaeda was framed

• Scientist
  • aka Mick the Metalsmith
    • Michael Hayman Handmade Celtic Jewelry
Re: [KS] My Last Sunrise 2 (Women of Horror) LAUNCHES 22ND March
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
I want!
Mick

aka Mick the Metalsmith
www.michaelhaymanjewelry.com

Margate and New Orleans

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 06:21:11 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I've never owned any Bad Squiddo minis before last week.  I finally got some and just love the quality.   Definitely will follow along with this KS.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 07:23:21 PM »
Welcome to the cult of Squiddo, supervike!

Ralph Plowman has painted up our Ogre, Luda, and she's lovely! Some Johnny Hodgson backdrop in there too!

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
Re: [KS] My Last Sunrise 2 (Women of Horror) LAUNCHES TODAY AT 6PM
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 09:12:09 AM »
I'm totally in love with this mini, the lil hand! She's Shegor, from the All Woman Victoria Frankenstein set.

Launches 6pm, not long to go!

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 12:56:07 PM »
Please, more pics!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 03:26:29 PM »
She could also be used in the role of a zombie wrangler at feeding time.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 06:35:23 PM »
IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!

http://kck.st/3TxGT0J

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
Re: [KS] My Last Sunrise 2 (Women of Horror) LIVE NOW
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 12:49:46 PM »
Hecks yeah! Thank you! Lovely to wake up to her all funded, and dang I needed that sleep last night.

I've added captions to the images of the minis now, saying how big the monsters are, and how many pieces, metal or resin etc - which I just ran out of time for yesterday, it was very much typing and photoshopping frantically right up to launch. I'll be doing more tinkering and tidying today on there as well double checking for typos and clarity and all that.

So what new goodies are there......

TURKEY MAN!

1 x Pewter Miniature, one piece. Sculpted by Phil Hynes. 43mm from base to top of head.

Not all constructs work out. Some end up twisted, distorted and longing for the sweet release of death. Not Turkey Man of course, he has a wicked time.

He's currently being cast, and with a painter lined up, we should see him in grisly flesh colours next week. Why Turkey Man? He makes a great construct or encounter and you've definitely never seen one before. Now when I work late, I imagine Turkey Man prowling the corridors. Thanksgiving is forever ruined.

How big is he?

At 43mm to the top of the head he towers over standard 28mm miniatures but not to a mega gigantic level. He can still fit into cupboards, ready to leap out at you.

How do I add Turkey Man to my pledge?

You just increase your pledge by £8, you do this in the "manage my pledge" section. You can do this as many times and at any point before the end of the project to add whatever you like. If you are in at the Pick n Mix Level, this is especially important for helping unlock more minis. Basically you just add up the total of what you want, then it's afterwards you let me know, and you'll be guided through that at the time.

What's the next stretch goal?

MUMMIES!
3 x Pewter Miniatures, all single piece. Sculpted by Shane Hoyle.

Currently the centre mummy is cast and in a painting queue, we've had her a while [unreleased] but I like to release some minis with friends, so Shane is currently finishing off her friends to make a pack of three.

Here is an artist's impression of how the far left one will look....

It's very sophisticated behind the scenes here!

Painted Goodies

I had an ogre in my pocket at Vapnartak trade show last month to slip out and show people who had been good, one of which was Ralph Plowman, who has previously painted for us. He was very enamored by her and convinced me to let him take her, as well as one of the standard minis.

They arrived yesterday and I took this quick picture to show the scale of the big girl Luda, as well as the lovely paint jobs. The others we have so far are with the painter (John Morris) but I can play with these and the existing horror minis to make some nice scenes for future updates.

Scenics and Animals

Did you know we make a whole heap of scary scenics and ...alarming animals?

I'll be making some bundles for these as well today and adding them to the add on section. We even have a lab to build Turkey Man in.

Thank you!

Keep spreading the word, Bad Squiddo Games is just one person (meeeeeeeeeee) so there's only so much promo I can do by myself - hence using KS to help get the word out there - Hello people of the internet - we have great minis!

Annie

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 02:33:12 PM »
One thing I would love to see you do more of, is some circa 1792-1815 garbed women with flintlocks both in “Gentleman Jack” adaptations of military costume as well as civilian garbed. Include some steam punky/fantasy elements but not cheesecake! 

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 08:59:36 PM »
Aethelflaeda was framed - Not so much this time but that sort of thing is on the radar! I think you'll love some of the vampire hunters that hopefully will get unlocked later!

A whole bunch of pics from the KS to tempt anyone who didn't click! Just had the cossack painted image - wow!
http://kck.st/3TxGT0J

Also I added a bunch of scenic and animal deals to the page too, I won't put them here or it really will be picture overload.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2023, 09:34:26 AM »
I backed the first campaign and even have more than half painted - such is the quality of the miniatures that they forced their way to the front of the painting queue - and have backed the second.

Will definitely be getting some add-ons of the Fish finances can be stretched.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2023, 06:41:15 PM »
YAY thanks Muzfish!
---

I promised you guinea pigs, and guinea pigs there will be. If you're new to Bad Squiddo through this KS...I really like guinea pigs. They are the best and I fit them in the ranges where I can. These are my four peegs! (Oh yeah we call em peegs around here).

In our current range of models we don't really have any of the fuzzies like Carole, so I have fixed this! Behold the next unlock after the Elite Mummies.....

Size wise they are similar to the Peegasi (you can add these to your pledge if you want some angelic counterparts for these to fight, also £8 for a pack of three)

Talking of the Elite Mummies...

They are NEARLY unlocked, come on! So close! Also we have an updated  pic of the mummy on the far left which Shane is furiously sculpting. They're fantastic.

Dragon Fossil

All the vampire activity has stirred something in the deep. What are they planning with this? Do they know what they could unleash?

It's a huge resin set (9 pieces) and I've been taking some pictures to show the scale of it, so one of the vampire Queens down there shows it up! You can add this to your pledge for £30.

Cool Photos

While I don't have many photos of the new minis in situ as they're with the painter, some are arriving tomorrow! So expect lots next week! As a starter though, I do have the two painted minis from Ralph and lots of the existing range which is in the add ons. Also I decided that every photo is made better by angry ogre in the background.

See what I mean!

Don't forget us over the weekend! It's been really hard to have the posts seen on social media as EVERYTHING is happening this weekend, so it quickly gets drowned out by other news. So sharing and boosting really really helps!

Thank you so much for your support. I am so happy with this range, my inner child is elated! I get to bring spooky peegs (if they're unlocked) and cool spooky ladies to the world, YAY!

[The first wargaming mini I ever got brand new, as opposed to from the second hand market, was The Black Coach, and the undead have been my happy place ever since!]

Annniiie

PS: LIVE STREAM

I'm thinking of doing a live stream talking through the minis and a Q&A - I'm not sure when yet, potentially Sunday Morning to correlate with the regular Sunday Morning Coffee stream - 10am, on our Youtub

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 06:47:42 PM by Annie »

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2023, 03:30:30 AM »
OK, the vampeegs are hilarious.

Not sure I'll get organized enough to get in on this KS but might just for a trio of bloodsucking peegs!

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2023, 05:27:54 PM »
Wirelizard - Go and get organised, you won't regret it  :D And the Vampeegs are just darling!

---

Elite Mummies are Unlocked!
Pic not updated yet as I need my laptop for the editing, but just pretend it's green!
Linky > http://kck.st/3TxGT0J

And after Vampeegs, it's Vampire Hunter time! Here is one of them, looking very COOL, the other will have a picture very soon, probably tomorrow. They will be £8 for the two. The other lady is jumping in the air with a stake, ready to assassinate a vampire....or a ..... bat vampire. [spoilers]

There's still some minis being sculpted that I would love to unlock and add to this campaign, but it's going to need a boost! Boooooost.

On the workbench is currently a lovely necromancer (to raise the mummies and such!), her assistant, two vampire hunters, a bat woman (pics soon of her!), two freshly bitten vampires....!

The painted minis from John have arrived so I will be having a photoshoot with them on Monday, which I am looking forward to!

Here's one of the figures from the existing range (add ons) having a nice cup of tea.