Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:47:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690528
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Thinking about a 2000AD Rogue Trooper game...  (Read 26967 times)

Offline RJ

• Scientist
    • http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/
Re: Thinking about a 2000AD Rogue Trooper game...
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »
I know what you mean Chris, I went with wood because i thought the colours went well, bit of artistic licence i guess!

The copplestone marines im planning to use as G.I's will have metal or plastic weapon casings.

Thanks for the comment and i doubt it will be long before i have my first game with your rule suggestions
Check out my blog here:

http://rjpainting.blogspot.com/

Accepting painting comissions

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »
Vyper what are these miniatures called?  They look like they might be from the Urban War range of miniatures... they look most excellent!

Great job on the rogue trooper RJ... the blue skin is fantastic! :D

Darkoath
Found these:

Perfect stammels!!! £4 each!

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Not sure what the range is but you can find them through this thread...

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=14302.msg168048#msg168048

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
Nice work finding the stammels

So heres the Foundry Rogue Trooper ive been promising

Really couldnt get a pic i was happy with so apologies for the quality

I really enjoyed painting this model and the colours really came out well. I dont plan on using him in any games, more as a practice for G.I. skin. I think it works nicely, i used the Foundry Tomb Blue pallette mainly.

I have a completed NORT trooper aswell but again, im struggling to get a good pic so il see what i can get and post up soon.

Thanks for looking

Nice paint, naff sculpt, not feeling that at all.

;)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »
 The paint job is amazing.I have to agree the sculpt is not the best.The Bronzeage ones are the way to go.Must get mine based.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2009, 09:20:35 PM »
Looks absolutely excellent! One thing, though, that gun casing - I thought it was some kind of futuristic plastic assembly, not wood (as yours appears)? I might of course be totally wrong, since I´ve only read the b&w comics so far.

I think it was a blue-grey colour in the early stories I read, but I have seen more recent pictures where it is that shade of brown.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 10:31:34 PM »
Completed the first NORT trooper tonight.

Really isnt a major conversion but im not all about that and seeing as im going to need a few of these guys i dont want anything too difficult.

No pics until he is painted im afraid, thats how i roll  :)

Thinking about other troops / units to use in these games... So far heres what il be using:

- Copplestone future wars assault troops as G.I's
- GW Cadian Conversions with Pig Iron Heads for standard NORT infantry
- Copplestone future wars terminator robots as droids (for both sides or just NORTS???)
- Pig iron war droids as erm... War droids!
- Vehicles - Old crow

Thats all i have confirmed in my head at the moment. Im thinking of using Pig iron heavy infantry as SOUTHER infantry but they are a bit too heavily armoured.

In terms of paint schemes for NORTS and SOUTHERS im getting my main inspiration from Kevin Dallimores site. Grey & purple for NORT and greens for SOUTHERS. Sound ok?

Keep the ideas comming guys, my ears are always open!

Again for colour schemes go with the Rogue Trooper game by rebellion, (so the games creators also produce 2000ad so colours are spot on).

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
Quote from: RJ

So heres the Foundry Rogue Trooper ive been promising.

Fantastic paint job and colour scheme!

I am with Commader Vyper on the sculpt though.  I have that figure at home sitting with my primed Bronze Age GIs and he really looks gawky.  His head is huge.  The same applies to the Venus Bluegenes figure sculpted (like many of the later Foundry 2000ad figures) by Tim Prow I think.
I intend to paint my Foundry GIs when I get around to painting the others but like yourself, it will be for a sense of completeness more than anything else.

I love the skin tone in particular though.

Quote from: Westfalia Chris
Looks absolutely excellent! One thing, though, that gun casing - I thought it was some kind of futuristic plastic assembly, not wood (as yours appears)?

The GI rifle casing has AFAIK always been a brownish colour, sometimes with a bit of olive drab or similar in it in it. It commonly has a vertical striping effect not unlike wood.  I never felt that it was intended to represent wood however.
The helmet has always been green I think and the backpacks and leg packs varied in colour between the helmet green and the rifle brown depending on who did the colouring as far as I remember.

The video game version made Rogue look a little more like Friday: a little more militaristic and a little less super-hero-y.  His gun and equipment vary from green to grey/green.  There is very little brown in his palette.

A bit like most 2000ad uniform elements (Judge Dredds knee and elbow pads spring to mind) the colours are not really set in stone.  Anything from brown through grey to green for Rogues equipment seems legitimate to me.

Quote from: Westfalia Chris
I might of course be totally wrong, since I´ve only read the b&w comics so far.

I can still remember the day when I was a kid that I finally saw a picture of Rogue Trooper in colour.  I remember being completely shocked that he was blue  lol

Offline chromedog

• Librarian
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2009, 07:39:28 AM »
Citadel miniatures did do a pretty good range of 28mm RT minis back in the day (they had the Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper licences).

I believe they were meant as replacements for the cheaply cast plastic rogues in the boardgame they had back in the 80s.  They had several sculpts of GIs (Rogue with Lazooka, Rogue (helmeted) standing and firing, Rogue arms up (muscleman) but his rifle in his right hand), the traitor general, Morgen the Nort sniper, a Nort soldier, A souther soldier, Venus Bluegenes, Major Magnum, and I still have several of them lying somewhere in the dim recesses of my "bits box"

That said, props for thinking about a skirmish level game for this iconic character.  I stopped reading 2000AD a short while after "Friday", but I have the first 5 Titan books collections still on my bookshelf.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »
 Now is a very good time to order from David at Bronzeage.He has a sale on until the 14th.Just placed another order for more Norts and the new Female Trooper.