Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:08:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lizardmen with Proper Weapons! (that is to say, swords)  (Read 6213 times)

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
Re: Lizardmen with Proper Weapons! (that is to say, swords)
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2023, 09:55:02 PM »
It’s funny because in the 3 edition Warhammer army book the slann and lizardman have proper shields and weapons  lol

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
  • A shadow out of time...
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2023, 10:32:23 PM »
It’s funny because in the 3 edition Warhammer army book the slann and lizardman have proper shields and weapons  lol

According to Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition (which is what I assume you meant), the Lizardmen entry in the Bestiary reads:

Quote from: Warhammer Fantasy Battle (3rd Edition)
Their civilisation is primitive and their clothing almost non-existent. Rough beads, stones and bones are used as jewellery, and leaders wear crudely-fashioned headdresses of feathers or fur. It is likely that they have no knowledge of metallurgy, although they make full use of any Dwarf or Goblin gear that they capture, especially weapons. They do not favour armour even when it is available, although they use rawhide shields or bucklers. Their own weapons are made of stone.

So it's possible that the Warhammer lizardmen with metal swords have merely looted them from other races; that does make more narrative sense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:48:53 PM by tikitang »
https://a-descent-into-the-maelstrom.blogspot.com/

"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."

- Chuck Palahniuk

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2023, 11:35:37 AM »
According to Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition (which is what I assume you meant), the Lizardmen entry in the Bestiary reads:

So it's possible that the Warhammer Lizardmen with metal swords have merely looted them from other races; that does make more narrative sense.

I think my post was a bit short and lacked one or two sentences to make sense Sry!

I was referring to The Armies Book from Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition, especially the depictions of the the Slann and Lizardmen. Who have proper wooden Shields with detailed decoration and relative simple swords and metal maces. In that time the Slann wore the more Aztec look and the Lizardmen were like the Otherworld model in the First Post.

Had to take another look in Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing First Edition. In that time they got some decorated headgear. Its strange how evry thing changed to the Aztec look without proper weapons.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 11:38:24 AM by LoxIslay »

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2023, 12:43:24 PM »
Interesting! Thanks for sharing that.

It seems they removed the bit about having no skill in metallurgy and all their weapons being made from stone in that publication.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 01:23:49 PM by tikitang »

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2023, 01:02:25 PM »
You make this project sound very alluring, I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2023, 04:36:27 PM »
Gripping Beast sell hands with swords (and other weapons, but there are pure sword-hand packs) that could be used to convert other models.

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/shop.php?p=category_products&category=244&page=2

The hands with swords start on this page, and there are other hands and weapons, including left hands, on the next page.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2023, 12:13:18 AM »
You make this project sound very alluring, I'm really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

The project is actually starting to get underway as of this week, so you might not have to wait very long to see!

I've pretty much decided to go with the Otherworld lizardman in my first post. I'm going to buy multiples of it (though I think I'll only require two using the ruleset I have chosen).

As a side note, I have actually found the perfect example of what I want:

https://www.miniature-heroes.co.uk/product/dsm4631-dat-lizardman-with-sword-and-shield/

The price, though! £29.99! Not happening!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 11:31:24 PM by tikitang »