Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Combat of Strehla 1760: A Scenario for 'Tricorn'  (Read 855 times)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
The Combat of Strehla 1760: A Scenario for 'Tricorn'
« on: March 29, 2023, 11:07:16 AM »
To celebrate finishing my Reichsarmee, our Big Game Saturday game for April is going to be the Combat of Strehla, which features most of said Reichsarmee.  They're clearly doomed (being freshly-painted AND a bit rubbish), but it should still be fun...   :D  Here's the scenario:

http://www.jemimafawr.co.uk/2023/03/29/the-combat-of-strehla-20th-august-1760-a-scenario-for-tricorn/

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Re: The Combat of Strehla 1760: A Scenario for 'Tricorn'
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 11:20:30 AM »
Your presentation is always beautiful, a credit to the blogging community

Offline Redshank

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 02:25:15 PM »
Are these 15mm figs?? They look amazing.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 03:02:29 PM »
Your OOB suggests (even if using stand-ins in places) that you have an awesome collection of 15 mm figures for the Seven Years War, especially if you have troops for other theaters like French, British, and/or Russians.  And you've clearly put some serious study into the conflict.  Never played Shako so know nothing about the rules or your variation.  But it all sounds like a great, fun game in your immediate future.

Have fun and be proud!  Even if your newly painted troops crumble.   ;)

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 03:36:32 PM »
Excellent! Thank you for sharing!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 04:15:08 PM »
Your presentation is always beautiful, a credit to the blogging community
Thanks again, Norm!  That's very kind of you (again)!  :D

(The usual crisp fiver...?)  ;)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 04:16:09 PM »
Are these 15mm figs?? They look amazing.
Thank you!  They're what the kewl kidz call '18mm' (Eureka figures), but they're exactly the same size as my Old Glory and Blue Moon 15mm figures...  lol

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 04:32:42 PM »
Always a real treat to see your miniatures and games, plenty of inspiration to take form them. It's always good to see the Reichsarmee as well, cracking uniforms but varying degrees of abilities! :)

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 04:34:17 PM »
Your OOB suggests (even if using stand-ins in places) that you have an awesome collection of 15 mm figures for the Seven Years War, especially if you have troops for other theaters like French, British, and/or Russians.  And you've clearly put some serious study into the conflict.  Never played Shako so know nothing about the rules or your variation.  But it all sounds like a great, fun game in your immediate future.

Have fun and be proud!  Even if your newly painted troops crumble.   ;)
Cheers!  Most of the Prussians, plus the Swedes, the Saxon cavalry and a few of the Reichsarmee were painted in the 90s, when I had a FAR higher painting-rate than now!  We were doing a massive campaign at the time, so there was a lot of impetus to paint.  The colossal collection of Austrians was painted by 'Osmoses' of this parish (now to be found on the Adventures in the Far East thread, doing amazing things like this: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=102281.0 ).

Since digging out the SYW again in late 2020 (after a 20-year break), I've expanded the Prussian army by about a third, almost finished the Reichsarmee and have painted new Wurttemberg, Bavarian, British-Hanoverian and French armies.  Oh and the Mighty Army of Schaumburg-Lippe... Next month I'll be adding the Kleist Freikorps to the Prussians and then doing the Hessians, the Brunswickers and more French and Hanoverians and I'll then need to do the Saxon Corps fighting with the French.  I don't have any Russians painted, but I've been slowly adding them to the Lead Dungeon over the last year and I expect they'll be filling my 2024 painting schedule...

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 05:56:00 AM »
Always a real treat to see your miniatures and games, plenty of inspiration to take form them. It's always good to see the Reichsarmee as well, cracking uniforms but varying degrees of abilities! :)
Thanks Jambo!  Yes, that's very true.  The Hessen-Darmstadt Regiment in particular consistently did well, even when everyone else was running away!  The auxiliary Wurzburg & Mainz Regiments were also more than the equal of any Austrian regiment (probably because they weren't strictly part of the Reichsarmee).