Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:37:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gangs of Rome Project  (Read 16928 times)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Re: Gangs of Rome Project
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2023, 08:53:59 PM »
The Saturday and Sunday would be GoR focused but I could possibly try to arrange some BotS outside of the games?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2023, 08:28:03 AM »
Sounds very promising - I should have a better idea of how I am placed a bit closer to the event, but will definitely try to make it there if I can.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2023, 09:04:37 PM »
Sounds very promising - I should have a better idea of how I am placed a bit closer to the event, but will definitely try to make it there if I can.

It would be nice to meet.  :)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 11:12:49 AM »
It would be nice to meet.  :)

Aye, verily. The October long weekend is the weekend just before cricket season starts so if Craigus can't make it I will try to bring the Little Fish along. they both like gaming and Roman history would love to try out your terrific looking table. Be nice to get back to Emerald City for reasons other than work.

Right, you've got me all enthusiastic now. Might have to get out some half finished Thracian and crowd and get them done.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Re: Gangs of Rome Project - Buthcher and Warehouse
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2023, 10:41:12 PM »
Having received more buildings this week I decided to start on Sarissa's Lower Rank Insula Corner. I decided to make this a butcher shop as I have planned to do one for ages based off some Googled images. The poor ate very little meat so this would likely be a mid rank store in the scheme of things. Arranging all the hanging meat was pretty challenging but I am very happy with the results. I was planning to put a small shrine on the blank wall around the corner but opted to make it a small pottery stall instead. I will save the inbuilt shrine idea for a later build.

The majority of the accessories for the butcher were kindly donated by Key Capas, a very talented 3D sculptor whose style is very realistic and mostly historically based. She has a shop on MyMiniFactory and I believe the butcher STLs will be available very soon. https://www.myminifactory.com/users/KeyCapas

The second build I completed was the Warehouse Block. This is a pretty imposing building measuring nearly 30cm wide and will take up a good amount of space on the table. Applying the fridge liner roof tiles to this kit was a bit of a challenge as it is the largest roof area I have tackled this far - but I have only myself to blame there. I really like how the doors open on this kit and the mechanics of it are really well done. One set of the doors pass straight through the warehouse, allowing it to be a thoroughfare of sorts. I haven't detailed the warehouse with accessories as I have a lot of scatter that can be placed in and around it quite easily.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2023, 02:29:24 AM »
Outstanding work on both of these. I love the details for the pottery stall and the butcher's shop: especially that scale!

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2023, 04:30:23 AM »
Truly inspiring. Can you share your trade secrets as to how you paint you tiled roofs?

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2023, 04:46:01 AM »
Cracking stuff mate  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2023, 10:01:28 AM »
Just stunning there mate and you GoR stuff will look get on it. I spoke to Andy the other day and give me a shout if you need any help with the game

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2023, 08:24:49 PM »
Thanks all.

Truly inspiring. Can you share your trade secrets as to how you paint you tiled roofs?

It couldn't be simpler SJWI. Just prime the tiles with a black spray paint (I use a dirt cheap brand) and then start drybrushing with a burnt orange. I vary how heavy I drybrush over certain areas and then go back heavier in some spots. Quick and easy.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 08:27:21 PM by Furt »

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2023, 08:55:41 PM »
Great looking buildings :)
Details really set the scene!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2023, 07:58:52 AM »
This time around, instead of doing a single Gangs of Rome building or two at a time, I have constructed a group of buildings, doing the roofing and sidewalks altogether in a batch. I will detail the buildings singularly or in pairs, as this is proving the most time consuming part of the project.

The next building I have fully completed is Sarissa's Workshops. This is one of the few single storey buildings in the entire Streets of Rome range and has a footprint similar to the ranks of shops. I chose to make the workshops a metalsmith and carpenter, but also considered other trades like a leatherworker, mason or tilemaker. There is a small shrine to Vulcan above the forge that I will try to fit a tiny statue into at a later date.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2023, 08:22:30 AM »
Superb  8)

Offline rumacara

• Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!