Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Samnite helmet modeling guide  (Read 785 times)

Offline Henchman21

• Student
Looking for Samnite helmet modeling guide
« on: April 16, 2023, 05:18:58 PM »
Hello all, I was hoping you could help me. Some years ago, in a dark corner of the internet, I found a guide for converting 28mm helmeted heads into Samnites by adding feather crests made out of jeweler's wire. I remember how the author got the feather shape - by hammering a piece of the wire flat - but I don't remember how they detailed the feathers or affixed them to the miniature's helmet. I inexplicably didn't bookmark this excellent guide, and have been struggling to find it - does anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance.

Offline President Buer

• Assistant
Re: Looking for Samnite helmet modeling guide
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 07:51:24 PM »
I vaguely remember something like that, I'll keep an eye out but in the meantime I do have this one from Fantasysmith for green stuff plumes that might work with a slightly modified technique.

Offline GerryB21

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 07:59:58 PM »
Agema Miniatures do plastic heds for samnitesa and Lancer Miniatures make some metal ones. if that helps.

Offline Henchman21

• Student
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 05:05:56 PM »
I vaguely remember something like that, I'll keep an eye out but in the meantime I do have this one from Fantasysmith for green stuff plumes that might work with a slightly modified technique.

Thanks for that! I'd still like to find the guide to making feather crests out of wire, but I'm definitely going to give this a shot. It certainly seems easier to attach to the model than a bunch of tiny wires.

Agema Miniatures do plastic heds for samnitesa and Lancer Miniatures make some metal ones. if that helps.

Thanks for that as well! Ideally, I'd like to be able to convert the existing helmets of my Void Junkers Legionaries (28mm sci fi) with some helmet crests for leader characters, but it looks like the Agema stuff would scale very well with the realistically-proportioned Void range, so I might just get some on spec.