Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691345
  • Total Topics: 118388
  • Online Today: 628
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ashes of Faith  (Read 1916 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Ashes of Faith
« on: May 27, 2023, 11:51:49 PM »
I got a good start on my boxed set.

The models are sweet.  The chaos models are definitely the winners in terms of coolness but having more inquisition figures is the bees knees.

The Inquisition forces can be built in a couple of ways, except for the servitor, scribe and skull.

I went with the pistol expert, the interrogator, the crazy shotgun dude and the vet guardsman.

Alternately you can do a monk looking dude with an eviscerator, a knife wielding psychopath, a standard bearer and a penal legion vet. 

We played a game of the campaign this afternoon.  We got in the first game.  Those chaos models are tough!  At the start the Inquisition was doing pretty well and I think everyone wondered how the cultists could do anything, but then the power of chaos started to warp them.

And they ran the table after that.  It was a slaughter.

It was the first game for all but one of the players and no one had played either of the sides before.  The experienced player was playing the inquisitor. 

I think knowing how tough the regular chaos devotees can get will change how the game goes the next time we play.  Certainly the forces of the Imperium will focus on them more next time early on in the game. 

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Re: Ashes of Faith
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 01:10:21 PM »
Great looking game. That's some seriously speedy painting on the Inquisition forces (nice too!)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2023, 03:34:49 AM »
Thanks.  I painted them as quickly as possible.  I had everything else from the boxed set already so it was just a matter of getting the Inquisition guys done.

We are probably doing an Inquisitor based-Necromunda campaign in the fall.  Here are some minis that I just painted up with that in mind.

This one is some sort of Imperial cult zealot.

And this one is a daemonhost.  So I have two of those now.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 11:39:48 AM »
Just a couple more Inquisitor figures done.

A cherub and a scribe this time. 

I'm going to start working on cards for them to use with the Necromunda rules soon. 

Next up is going to be a crusader. 

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 03:48:45 AM »
Always liked Inquisitors.  Great looking group.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 08:20:20 PM »
One more for the game next week.

This is the Ortruum 8-8 a psi-hound bounty hunter for Necromunda.  We will use him as a Chaos cult Witch. 

I had been meaning to get this figure since it first came out and I grabbed it while I was in Nottingham in March.  I didn't really have a use for it, we play Necromunda but it is rare that anyone uses bounty hunters and most of mine sit in their transport foam never used.

With this Inquisitor project I'm betting that a lot of these models are going to see the table. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2023, 08:20:15 AM »
We did our big Ashes of Faith campaign day on Sunday.  It went pretty well.  We managed to get six Kill Team games in during the day.  Chaos went 5-1 and ended up controlling 5 - 1 territories on the campaign map too. 

It was a pretty solid victory for the forces of darkness and I'm guessing there are two Interrogators that are not making Inquisitorial rank any time soon.

Here are some pictures of the games.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2023, 02:53:41 PM »
You've got some good looking tables there. The one with the bell tents looks especially interesting: squatters in a ruined church?

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2023, 07:58:32 PM »
Close, the forces of Chaos, in an attempt to desecrate the damaged temple further had set up a market of sorts in it.  They also used the damaged wall as a short cut diverting traffic through the court of the fane.

While various civilian merchants were selling their wares or exchanging Imperial currency for mining and ash waste finds, the Interrogator was going in to clear the rable out.  The cultists decided to stop him.

They did. 

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2023, 02:33:28 AM »
Very cool. It looks like a fun table to play on, and that's an interesting back story.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2023, 05:56:35 AM »
There was a different table lay out for each game and I think only two of them used most of the same pieces.  We had two people start at 11 and two people start at noon and I had 3 tables set up.

So the first group finished on table 1 then played on table 3 while I cleared and re-set up table 1 and the 2nd group then finished on table two and started on table 1 with the new set up. 

After the first four games we got some fried chicken and took a break to eat it and switched the players and played on tables I'd set up during the break.

Each table corresponded to one of the areas they were trying to control on the campaign boards.