Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shadows in the Bayou - Dracula's America  (Read 3857 times)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Shadows in the Bayou - Dracula's America
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 09:53:34 AM »
Great looking game - really great looking terrain.

I suppose the reason so many DA games are in western towns is that is the terrain most of us already have for more standard cowboy games, so it’s easy to use for DA. Great to see you leaning into the more mythological aspects

Offline Seal

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2023, 08:26:53 AM »
Love your table set up. Quite impressive.

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2023, 01:37:09 AM »
I do have a small swamp area I'm working on, nothing as grand as yours, mind you.

Just fantastic work on it.  Beautiful setting, and reminds me of the great swampy areas in Red Dead Redemption.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2023, 04:47:41 PM »
Excellent and a nicely written backstory, will you be posting the results of your games on here?

Offline eladio fernandez

• Bookworm
    • HEROIC ADVENTURES OF ELADIATOR
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2023, 10:46:25 AM »
Well, to avoid spoilers, in case someone is interested in reading the full AAR on my blog, I leave you a small text with some clues:

"...with the sockets of his eyes turned into a dull white, and his arms held tightly by her two faithful Babalawo, the old Felicie Gentile struggled possessed by the Loas Dumballah and Agau.
Inside, both fought with each other and the fragile body of the woman struggled furiously, seeming as if it was about to break into a thousand pieces.

But in her head, the Loas had given her the information she wanted, the location of the secret lair where Colonel Scalprow and his revenants were now recovering from their wounds after their desperate escape across Bayou Lafourche.

The spell that weighed on the stranded paddle steamer broken, the remains of the "Becky" now lay several fathoms deep under the dark waters. But at least they had been able to rescue Colomban's body, which, now rested over a near table a few meters from Felicie. His body completely smeared with the Datura Stramonium herb mixture. It would still be a few hours until after ingesting certain substances, the faithful Colomban returned to "non-life" as a zombie at the service of the Congregation.

Edwina Swann, the governor's daughter, was also recovering from the traumatic experience of having been rescued in extremis from the clutches of that monstrous aquatic creature. He was delirious and between murmurs he manifested some unconnected words - “...mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn”.
Her faithful servant Aibileen wiped the sweat from her brow and sang her a lullaby in a low voice... “...Fais dodo, mo l'aime mo ti chère, Fais dodo, dodo sans douleur. Fais dodo, mo l'aime mo ti chère...”

But the Grimoire was now in Scalprow's possession, and the spells contained within would give him more power for his sinister plans. It was vital to plan a new attack."

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 05:00:39 PM »
Gorgeous. Need some gators…