Forum > Other Adventures

Dr. Mathias's Folk Horror Project

(1/6) > >>

Dr Mathias:
I've had a large stash of 'Folk Horror' miniatures for about a year, comprised of miniatures from Ainsty, Crooked Dice, Midlam Miniatures/Woodbine, and Meridian/Gardens of Hecate. I've liked the film Wickerman for some time, and when I found out that Crooked Dice had a range loosely based on that genre, I decided to acquire them and then hunted for more from other companies.

I decided to make 'Folk Horror' my summer project, and while it is admittedly off to a slow start, I have gotten somewhere in terms of painting and research. By 'research' I mean watching Midsommar, Blood on Satan's Claw, The Witch, and Spring. Next on the list is Witchfinder General, and I have been tracking down some literature as well.

I've been drawing packs at random- first up are some Crooked Dice 'Children of the Fields'. First draw was the 'May Queens', one of my favorite packs from the range. I decided to paint Lady Winterly at the same time, as well as a girl I had 3D printed (from Tiny Furniture) since they were dressed about the same.

Next draw was the 'Corn Dolls'.

More to come!

marianas_gamer:
Interesting project and great painting. The floral garlands look very nice. I am also impressed with your whites - very clean.

OSHIROmodels:
Superb  8)

Ragnar:
Excellent project with some great influences.

Sunjester:
Great painting and a fantastic concept. Do you have any idea of a ruleset/s you might use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version