Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mantic games august preorders: Firefight [Commercial]  (Read 612 times)

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
Mantic games august preorders: Firefight [Commercial]
« on: July 13, 2023, 01:45:01 AM »
https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/blogs/news/mantic-games-preorders-august-part-1-firefight

I wrote up my usual blog post for august preorders from mantic games.

A lot of potential for various sci fi gaming here: hard plastic tanks, half-tracks with mortars, command and control fliers, and several 2 player starter sets.

If you are looking to build up an armored company for 40k or some other sci fi game, that archon tank deal is a killer savings.

The other vehicles are all generally solid and have some good utility in terms of parts. The added bits like the command array on the enforcer flier look nice too.

There's also the two player sets. Of these, I think I prefer the vyr-myn vs forgefathers personally. lots of bodies, lots of conversion potential. The Vyrm myn with head swaps could make good mutant cultists and the tunneler tank is useful for a variety of gaming and terrain projects.

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
Re: Mantic games august preorders: Firefight [Commercial]
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 08:15:09 PM »
Just a note on the new wolverine battle group that it's on pre-order:
https://mcdougalldesigns3d.com/.../mgffg401-wolverine...
Scale images with a leman Russ from games workshop provided by Kelly Perkins , from his personal collection.
I don't think people realize how useful this three tank kit is. It comes with options for both full battle tanks and armored personnel carriers (APCs)
That means with one of these battle groups and one box of Wargames Atlantic cannon fodder you have three squads that each have a transport as well.
That's a solid start to an army or addition to one.
Then you've got the main battle tank turrets as an option for this vehicle so you could make a full armored company with only a few of the three packs. And that's going based off of industry leaders like Warhammer 40K or grim dark future from Onepagerules
Add to the fact that this is hard plastic, and you have a package that is extremely attractive to people who convert models and kitbash different vehicle types. Ork players for 40k will have a field day converting these to battle wagons, for example.
They also look low tech enough to fit in with renegade forces like Mantic Games rebs or chaos cults for 40k. You could add some icons to them and pair them with the upcoming "the damned" from Wargames Atlantic and MiniWarGaming to give your damned forces some heavy armor.
In summary, there are plenty of uses for this three pack of tanks and it's an easy way to give some heavily armored punching power to your sci-fi forces for a relatively inexpensive price.