Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:27:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: More Pulp Heros (and Heroines!)  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
More Pulp Heros (and Heroines!)
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »

Not actually finished yet, but close enough for me to want to show them off.

Mostly Artizan figures, with some Brigade merchant sailors in the background. The three on the right are Artizan's "Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare" and great figures - fat guy with valise and umbrella, lady in hat, and boffin-type with his glasses on top of his head. None of them are visibly armed, which is great, as I have too many figures waving guns around already!

Heaps of character in these three; I'm already designing character stats for them in 45A. Mr. Davies, Ms. Julia and young Dr. [unnamed so far!] will be featuring in a number of pulpish adventures, I'm sure.

The lady in blue flying gear, the lady in red and the just-visible skinny lady in more flying gear on the far left are all from Artizan's Pulp Heroines pack; the square-jawed aviator and Indy-knockoff in the front row are from their Pulp Heroes pack, as well as the red-haired guy in a grey shirt in the back.

The Brigade sailors w/ tommyguns are in the background; they're not quite as finished as the Artizan figures, but they're also less finely detailed than them (while still being very nice, clean figures, mind) so they'll get finished at about the same time.

Guns, eyeballs, some skintones, a bit of cleanup and then basework still to do; some of them might even have their first outing this Sunday - and it's a point of honour with me to never, ever put figures that aren't 100% completed on the table!

Proper photos - not just workbench snapshots - when they're done, too.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: More Pulp Heros (and Heroines!)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:39:30 PM »
Loooking goood! I'm really loving Artizan's Thrilling Tales line!!!    :-*

Offline Galman

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:13:07 AM »
Looking great so far!  Looking forward to the finishing touches that will be put on them.

Offline Scorpio

• Scientist
  • justice wears a mask
    • Metal Skirmish
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »
Loooking goood! I'm really loving Artizan's Thrilling Tales line!!!    :-*

Ditto. A number of them are finding homes with my AE-WWII armies. Very characterful models.
PMMDJ
http://metal-skirmish.blogspot.com/

"Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved."

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »
I've been working on some pulp lately too. Just finished some more cops. Have 18 uniformed cops now & a fat detective with a dougnut & cup of coffee.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +104

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »

Nice painting and some bright colors 8)
What did you use as primer?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »
It is always helpful to see such WIP shots as these. Those bases appear to be 20mm or less in diameter? Canadian pennies perhaps?
A.Nik-

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 05:37:25 PM »
I use Canadian pennies as bases, so they're 18-19mm in diameter. Occasional figures have toes sticking over the edge, but nothing usually very far.

My usual primer is a medium/pale grey, whatever was on sale last time I went to buy a can of spray primer.

Both Artizan & Brigade are new to my collection, and I like them both. The Artizan figures are a bit more slender and slightly shorter, while Brigade are closer to Pulp Figures or GWM in being a bit on the larger/bulkier end of 28mm. Copplestone would be somewhere in the middle, I'd say. I'll try and remember to get a photo with as many manufacturer's figures all lined up as possible; that sort of thing is always useful.

The Artizan figures mostly have lots of nice detail and character; the Brigade sailors w/ tommyguns are plainer, but well proportioned and solid.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:01:01 PM by Wirelizard »