Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mantic looking for thoughts about 6mm? Warpath game  (Read 600 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Mantic looking for thoughts about 6mm? Warpath game
« on: August 02, 2023, 07:51:18 PM »
Just got an email from Mantic about 6mm (I assume) version of Warpath.

However, given GW's announcement about its Epic (now 8mm, I believe) game, they are looking for input on whether it's worth continuing, dialing it back etc.

Read more and contribute thoughts at https://www.manticgames.com/news/warpath-needs-you/

Assumption on my part that it's 6mm, but that seems most likely

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
Re: Mantic looking for thoughts about 6mm? Warpath game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 08:57:26 PM »
I got it as well and in the video you see a few of the models (but no close ups). I'm not overly familiar with the games background / story, but there do not seem to be many factions, nor many choices for those factions looking at their online store so I given these two options (out of the four)
'I’d support WARPATH as a full game system! Give me core units in hard plastic, terrain, and physical books – even if it now required a crowdfunding launch.'
'I’d play WARPATH, but a more modest release is fine. I’d be happy with miniatures in other materials (such as resin) and a smaller, tighter range.'

I am unsure what a more modest release would be, given what, as it seems to me, not much in the way of units per faction anyway.

Offline Kelly_

• Bookworm
  • ...the underscore is silent
Re: Mantic looking for thoughts about 6mm? Warpath game
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 02:01:11 AM »
However, given GW's announcement about its Epic (now 8mm, I believe) game, they are looking for input on whether it's worth continuing, dialing it back etc.
I don't think that the question is whether they will continue, but how they will be moving forward given all of the development that has been put in already.  Five years ago, there would not have been any options for Mantic besides the risks and sunk costs of a standard publishing release, but today they have the choice of releasing the entire game virtually via their Companion app and Vault distribution.

I'm not overly familiar with the games background / story, but there do not seem to be many factions, nor many choices for those factions looking at their online store
I am squarely on the fantasy side of Mantic, not SF, but it looks like between Deadzone and Firefight, they could work out to seven or eight different factions even accounting for the overlap that occurs in a few of them.

As far as units go, I think whichever way they go forward they will definitely be incorporating STLs through their Vault service as either add-ons or upgrades to build out the options.  The fact that they are asking for community feedback is amazing though, and I will definitely be reading through their draft rules before voting.
If my wife asks, I only spent half as much as I wanted to...