Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Star wars Legion (ish) Shatterpoint (ish) scale thread  (Read 21048 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: Star wars Legion (ish) Shatterpoint (ish) scale thread
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2023, 11:21:15 AM »
The cargo ship is superb. Love the droid load-lifter.   :-*

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #151 on: November 10, 2023, 06:53:38 PM »
Thanks Mad lord!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #152 on: November 10, 2023, 07:42:42 PM »
Love the pod carrier - great work  8)

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2023, 06:44:24 AM »
Cheers Akula!

Offline BeardGoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2023, 03:22:46 PM »
Good to see the cargo ship survived the angry chicken and falling mdf!

Looking really good with the cargo pods in place, too  8)

Cargo droid is shapping up nicely - I'm trying to assemble something similar with an old WoTC 'Telosian Tank Droid' and the arms from a much older CAP-2 mini rig!

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »
Good to see the cargo ship survived the angry chicken and falling mdf!

Looking really good with the cargo pods in place, too  8)

Cargo droid is shapping up nicely - I'm trying to assemble something similar with an old WoTC 'Telosian Tank Droid' and the arms from a much older CAP-2 mini rig!

Thanks BG there's a couple of bits of the ship....somewhere.. when they turn up I'll glue them on :)

I'm thinking I might put a blue stripe or something on the ship to gitve it that 80's SW look we'll see.  2 pods to go must find motivation to make them i keep getting distracted by other projects.

I'd like to see your WOTC tank droid conversion I think the arms from that mini-rig would work well please share :)

Offline BeardGoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2023, 11:31:55 PM »

I'm thinking I might put a blue stripe or something on the ship to gitve it that 80's SW look we'll see.

Oh yeah, that'd look good - especially if you sponge/stipple it on to get that worn look!

I'd like to see your WOTC tank droid conversion I think the arms from that mini-rig would work well please share :)

I'll see what I can do - I was going to say I'm having to wait for the 80mm bases I ordered earlier to arrive - but I found the ones I was sure I had about 30 mins after ordering more!

Waiting for putty to cure on the robot atm.  I'll try get a lick of paint on it tomorrow!

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2023, 07:31:24 PM »
Oh yeah, that'd look good - especially if you sponge/stipple it on to get that worn look!

I'll see what I can do - I was going to say I'm having to wait for the 80mm bases I ordered earlier to arrive - but I found the ones I was sure I had about 30 mins after ordering more!

Waiting for putty to cure on the robot atm.  I'll try get a lick of paint on it tomorrow!

Nice one looking forward to it. As we all know the only way to find those bases is to order more; it's all part of the process :)

Offline BeardGoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2023, 02:05:17 PM »
Hi @jhonpog - hope you don't mind me posting this in here - I don't have enough on the go atm to justify it's own thread.  It's also been sitting for a week waiting on me to have time to come in and finish the details/base, so I though I better post it w.i.p. or it might never happen!  If you'd rather I post it somewhere else, let me know and I'll move it  8)

Giant Cargo Robot in Progress:

Made from a WoTC 'bendy' (the main body is hard plastic, the legs and other bits bendy vinyl) Telosian Tank Droid - body rotated forwards 90 degrees - with arms from an old Star Wars Mini-Rig toy, detailed with parts from 3 1/35 and 1/72 tank kits, and a couple of pieces from Ramshackle Games (the 'evetyone's second favourite ABC Warriror eyes, the vents on the back and the gubbins on the lower front protrusion).

Generic Pilot dude from Stargrave plastics for scale.

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2023, 06:50:01 PM »
wow that's a really nice conversion BG I do like the way you rotated the body of the droid; I couldn't recognise the donor figure.  The mini rig arms work perfectly too very nicely done.

Also the size and the paint job look bang on too. I'll have to make sure my conversion is as good!

Happy to have this fine conversion in my thread; hopefully someone will mistake it for my work  ha ha

Offline BeardGoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2023, 02:07:36 AM »
wow that's a really nice conversion BG I do like the way you rotated the body of the droid; I couldn't recognise the donor figure.  The mini rig arms work perfectly too very nicely done.

Glad you like it!

Also the size and the paint job look bang on too. good!

Paint is just liquid talent Nazdreg Yellow over Vallejo Ivory, with about 8 layers of Golden Yellow (an ancient Miniature Paints brand colour I'm surprised is still viable, I've had it so long!) drybrushed over it with a big soft make-up brush.  Still needs some decals/transfers (just random numbers and warning panels, if I can scare some up from somewhere), then chipping and weathering.

I'll have to make sure my conversion is as good!

I'm sure it will be - your builds are good stuff, and very inspiring!

Happy to have this fine conversion in my thread; hopefully someone will mistake it for my work  ha ha

I won't tell anyone if you don't  ;) 8)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 07:32:19 AM by BeardGoblin »

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2023, 02:36:02 AM »
Nice one BG thanks for sharing your paint scheme yes I will happily unjustly claim ownership :)

Got some painting done today on my armed civilian group. I have 7 of these guys plus 5 or 6 mercs and about 12 unarmed civilians so I can now make a decent semi-armed civilian mob to face off against imperial troops or to support rebel troopers etc. They could also double as a ship crew as well.

The 3d printed guns and the GW pouches (carried on the back of most of the figures) that help unify them I think

I had a go at the slap chop method of painting. It went......ok?  I didn't do a great job and ended up painting over lots of things but it does give a decent contrast quickly so I might keep aspects of this.  The skin tone I used went very brown which will be useful in future painting but I ideally I would like to mix it up a bit.

Anyhow for a bunch of scrap/ cheap figures with some GW grafts I think they will do the job nicely.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 02:39:01 AM by jhonpog »

Offline BeardGoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2023, 03:07:56 PM »
These guys are cool - I've enjoyed watching them transform from a random pile of mini's, spares and leftovers into a motley crew 8)

For such an eclectic assortment of parts, they really come together and form a cohesive yet diverse rebel rabble.  Impressive.  Most impressive.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2023, 03:30:23 PM »
Love the armed civvies - great work mate  8)

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2023, 06:09:52 AM »
Thanks BG and Akula yeah I hope to add to this group as I go I have a bunch of head and blaster left over so will wait for suitable donors to sacrifice I mean convert :)