Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:25:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What next for Warlord Games Epic Battles Napoleonics  (Read 2458 times)

Offline steve501

• Librarian
What next for Warlord Games Epic Battles Napoleonics
« on: August 22, 2023, 01:06:22 PM »
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone had heard any rumours of future releases for Epic scale Napoleonics especially Austrians and Russians.

Thanks
Steve

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Re: What next for Warlord Games Epic Battles Napoleonics
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 06:34:42 AM »
Considering that behind the scenes, Warlord Games must be doing year round prep for the next Epic release, involving quite a few  people, they do a remarkable job of keeping things under wraps. Sculpting must already be advanced or even done. In the world of social media and the tendency to want to capture viewer numbers and likes etc etc, then much kudos to their staff for that.

There must be a commercial point at which announcement becomes an acceptable trade-off against sales lost on the most recent release, so I suspect they will want another couple of months of sales from ECW in particular before they start diverting peoples wallets towards new product.

The Austrian question interests me very much, will the sprue go pre or post 1809 with us getting either Helmet or Shako. I would hope for the former, but perhaps the latter is easier to tool for non-multi part frames.

Last year, Warlord seemed happy for the rumour mill to speculate on either ECW or Rome / Carthage (or Gallic), we got ECW, so maybe an ancients set is next, especially as we have a new edition of Hail Caesar.

At what point another napoleonic module gets inserted into the line, who knows? Near future I would hope. I seem to recall that Napoleonic British Epic was WG’s biggest seller last year, so that might be a useful nudge for another napoleonic module.

If they are only going to release one module a year, then I imagine napoleonic might have to wait. AWI or Ancients would allow Epic to grow market share, while another napoleonic module would consolidate.

There are voices who want a second wave of ECW / Thirty Years War releases too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 06:39:02 AM by Norm »

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 01:30:03 PM »
Reasoned and logical speculation there Norm. I can just imagine the boss of Warlord games chuckling to himself that folks think things are as organised as all that  lol.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline steve501

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 09:24:03 PM »
I am hoping we may get some news on the WG open day on a couple of weeks and fingers crossed to coincide with the release of the new Napoleon film

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 09:39:54 PM »
There's a rumour* going round that post the buy in from Hornby, who are keen to leverage their N Scale trains and scenery, the next Epic module will be 'Thomas and The Invasion of Sodor'. Warlord management are said to have raised no objection to tweaking the scale of the Epic range conceding that they did this on a regular basis with existing lines and the customers seemed to like it.

*Well there is now.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 12:17:00 AM »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »
At the Warlord Games open day, they revealed that next up are 2 plastic frames for Pike & Shotte, giving Covenanters and the next Epic period is a Hail Caesar project involving Roman forces …. Likely Rome / Celts.

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 10:32:48 AM »
There's a rumour* going round that post the buy in from Hornby, who are keen to leverage their N Scale trains and scenery, the next Epic module will be 'Thomas and The Invasion of Sodor'. Warlord management are said to have raised no objection to tweaking the scale of the Epic range conceding that they did this on a regular basis with existing lines and the customers seemed to like it.

*Well there is now.

So a despicable Nazi plot to use Sodor as a jump off point for an invasion of England?

Actually you can tell this rumour is false as Hornby don't do N Gauge.  What they are planning is dropping Bolt Action to 20 mm to fit with their OO Gauge trains.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 04:08:26 PM »
I am really looking forward to seeing the sprues for the Hail Caesar miniatures. I am hoping they have more variety per sprue so you don't have to paint 2,000 miniatures per army just to start.  ;)

Oh yea, it should be interesting in how they handle the shields.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 04:40:18 PM by Ray Rivers »