Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690912
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Colt Express - suitable figures?  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Colt Express - suitable figures?
« on: September 16, 2023, 03:06:26 PM »
Anyone played the boxed game Colt Express? My son has it and he wants to change the tokens for figures. Before I start trawling through the ranges of all the manufacturers, I’m wondering if anyone here has the game and got figures for it and if so, which ones.

There’s someone on Boardgames Geek who has and they used Reaper but I can’t find most of them on the Reaper (UK) site. I’m also confused how Reaper have the same figure in (apparently) two different iterations but that’s another story.

Thanks

Doug

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: Colt Express - suitable figures?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 06:26:54 PM »
Right off hand I know Dixon does wild West figures. Brigade games and Artison do as well. These would be in 28mm.
Peter Pig does really nice one in 15mm.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 12:54:40 AM »
Had never heard of the game so went and found a video about it that showed the 6 character cards.  I am very doubtful anyone makes any of those characters specific so I am pretty certain it will be a matter of scouting the existing ranges and finding what you feel works best for you.  Lots of ranges out there.

I'd start with Bluemoon Manufacturing 18 mm range - and supplement with the train from Peter Pig (and good luck with the track, I got mine from QRF but don't think they make itanymore but you can try asking).   With Bluemoon you would have to buy packs of figures to get what you want but I think you'd find those figures very useful once you get 'hooked into' the Old West.

You could go with larger scales but I think you will be hard pressed to get the train without spending significant amount of coinage.  But the larger scale might let you find individual figures.

On the individual front, check out Irregular Miniatures - in whatever scale/size works for you.

Also, when I saw the game came out in 2014 and featured a Django card I wondered if using that character might have killed the game (no idea really, just wondering) for copyright/TM infringement.

Good luck and let us know how it all works out.

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »
You can use one of the cheap toy plastic train sets (Wilco used to sell them, sadly no more).
My Wild West figures are Foundry and another range no longer made

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 08:13:53 PM »
Thanks for all the input everyone - that Wilco-based train set-up looks really good, SteveBurt.

In the end, after canvassing ideas from numerous sources including this one, I’ve gone for mainly Black Scorpion figures. There’ll probably be heavy pressure on me to paint them for him - neither he nor his wife are much of a hand with the paint brush.

Just waiting for the figures to arrive now.

Thanks again.

Doug

Offline SteveBurt

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2023, 11:21:21 AM »
You would probably need two of the train sets (you only get two wagons with each), but they are only 10 to 15 pounds each. The roofs are not removable, but 15 minutes with a knife makes them so.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 01:59:07 AM »
I do love the Black Scorpion Tombstone range, so good choice! 

-Michael