Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:11:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zurg's Mothership  (Read 9775 times)

Offline Sgt_T

• Scientist
    • Toomuchterrain
Re: Zurg's Mothership
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2023, 07:55:14 AM »
Held out for four days. Then joined the Spineless Legion....
It will arrive on wednesday.

T

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2023, 11:24:19 AM »
I received mine last week, but only had the opportunity to unbox and check it out yesterday.

It's not as massive as I first feared and is actually a pretty good size for on the table as a terrain piece. Can't see it working as an actual vehicle on the tabletop. It is missing some sort of boarding ramp though; I might have to add one myself.

Curious as I was, I had to plop in some batteries to check out the sounds and lights. Turns out that, even though there's 3 buttons on top, only the big one in the center actually works on mine. Is this normal, or was mine defective? The two red buttons on the top, left and right of the big one are pressable, but don't do anything... Not that it matters; for €11,- including P&P it's an absolute steal, especially considering I won't be using the electronics anyway.

I'm thinking of maybe turning it into a chaos assault ship. It has some interesting design similarities with Battlefleet Gothic and Epic Chaos ship designs, especially the smaller ones. Think the pronged nose section and the cluster of fins on the back section.

So a blood red with an offset, broken white eight pointed star might be a pretty good match for the ship... 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2023, 11:39:33 AM »
I received mine last week, but only had the opportunity to unbox and check it out yesterday.

It's not as massive as I first feared and is actually a pretty good size for on the table as a terrain piece. Can't see it working as an actual vehicle on the tabletop. It is missing some sort of boarding ramp though; I might have to add one myself.

Curious as I was, I had to plop in some batteries to check out the sounds and lights. Turns out that, even though there's 3 buttons on top, only the big one in the center actually works on mine. Is this normal, or was mine defective? The two red buttons on the top, left and right of the big one are pressable, but don't do anything... Not that it matters; for €11,- including P&P it's an absolute steal, especially considering I won't be using the electronics anyway.

I'm thinking of maybe turning it into a chaos assault ship. It has some interesting design similarities with Battlefleet Gothic and Epic Chaos ship designs, especially the smaller ones. Think the pronged nose section and the cluster of fins on the back section.

So a blood red with an offset, broken white eight pointed star might be a pretty good match for the ship... 8)

Sounds like a great idea for a paintjob! Must admit picked up several and also six of the smaller Armadillo's to be used as dropships. Might have bought a bit too many but you never know  lol
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline DalyDR

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2023, 11:43:59 AM »
The two red buttons on the top, left and right of the big one are pressable, but don't do anything...

They open the spring-loaded compartments on the bottom of the ship to release the drop pods, nothing electronic about them.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2023, 12:27:13 PM »
Are those the compartments in the prongs? I'll have to give that a shot when I get home again...

Offline DalyDR

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2023, 02:54:50 PM »
Are those the compartments in the prongs? I'll have to give that a shot when I get home again...

Yes.  Having the weight of the pods in there helps to force the covers open when the buttons are pushed.

Offline Sgt_T

• Scientist
    • Toomuchterrain
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2023, 12:30:48 PM »

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2023, 12:52:37 PM »
Nice work.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2023, 11:13:23 PM »
Pretty!

A good starwars vibe, that...  8)

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2023, 03:59:12 AM »
Very cool

Offline jhonpog

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2023, 04:03:31 AM »
nice!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2023, 06:01:13 PM »
Finished mine:

More on my blog: https://toomuchterrain.blogspot.com/2023/11/project-star-wars-part-16-more-ships.html
That's fantastic!  The grey and black scheme is a great way to break it out  of it's source material.  I think now I may want to do something similar with mine and use it both for 28mm and 10mm.   

Read your blog and your use of the Paw Patrol jet is very impressive.  Your mods of the cockpit and added detail work is really well done and the paintwork is great.  Thanks for the shoutout also.

T.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 01:36:23 AM by eilif »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2023, 04:45:53 PM »
Wow! that is pretty impressive against 28's, I bet it looks even better against 15's! I may have to run out and get one!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Sgt_T

• Scientist
    • Toomuchterrain
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »
Thanks and you're welcome.

I may have to run out and get one!

Yes. You know you want to.  :D

T

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind