Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fistful Of Lead Reloaded 2nd Edition???  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
Fistful Of Lead Reloaded 2nd Edition???
« on: September 19, 2023, 03:31:03 PM »
  Got 3 questions.

1) The pack of cards that came with the game has 2 Jokers, what are they used for?

2) If a figure uses both actions to move and then gets shot at and the result is Shaken, how is having to automatically move towards cover figured in as far as actions go?  Does it not count as one of the figures actions next turn, just move the figure and not count it as part of his next turns actions, or what?

3) Traits...If the Leader gets the LEADER trait PLUS 3 other traits, is it possible to make the figure unbeatable?  This is my 1st attempt at this so I gave the maximum traits to each of my 5 figures on each side.  I'm thinking I may want to be more judicious in handing out traits!!! ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 07:43:57 PM by Dubar »
The crow flies at midnight

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Quality gaming, every Thursday night...
    • the Baron's Blog
Re: Fist Full Of Lead Reloaded 2nd Edition???
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 04:50:48 PM »
Got 3 questions.

1) The pack of cards that came with the game has 2 Jokers, what are they used for?
Jokers can be used several ways. Jokers are treated like Aces of the lowest suit. You can use them to activate special event like a sandstorm blowing in that blocks line of site, or triggers a stampede, etc. Jokers can be played a countdown clock: when 5 Jokers are played the game ends. Endless possibilities.

2) If a figure uses both actions to move and then gets shot at and the result is Shaken, how is having to automatically move towards cover figured in as far as actions go?  Does it not count as one of the figures actions next turn, just move the figure and not count it as part of his next turns actions, or what?
First off, the move has to be away from the danger. You can't run forward towards the guy shooting at you. It doesn't count against their next activation's actions. If the target is forced to move back and doesn't get to cover and is shot at again, they can be driven back again If they are in cover, there isn't a push back.

3) Traits...If the Leader gets the LEADER trait PLUS 3 other traits, is it possible to make the figure unbeatable?  This is my 1st attempt at this so I gave the maximum traits to each of my 5 figures on each side.  I'm thinking I may want to be more judicious in handing out traits!!!

I highly suggest you play the games a couple of times. You can load up traits as much as want, but you'll find if your opponents roll a 9 or better to wound, all those traits don't matter. You're out of action. Our videos are full of "heroes" who were gunned down in the first turn, while some lowly 1 trait Regular wins the game.

You can go to our store contact form: www.wiley-games.com for questions. You'll get answers to your questions quicker. We have an FAQ on our site. We also have a Facebook page where lots of our experts can answer.
Also, a reminder: it's FISTFUL, not Fist Full.

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 04:53:20 PM »
Scooped by the Baron while typing, but I'll still chime in on this one:

3) Leaders should be tough, but I've had Skeletor, Thundarr, Han Solo, and Princess Leia all go down in (different) battles.  The gang-building guidance does a good job of creating a band balanced against others. 

Chris

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 05:18:55 PM »

3) Traits...If the Leader gets the LEADER trait PLUS 3 other traits, is it possible to make the figure unbeatable?  This is my 1st attempt at this so I gave the maximum traits to each of my 5 figures on each side.  I'm thinking I may want to be more judicious in handing out traits!!! [/i]
I highly suggest you play the games a couple of times. You can load up traits as much as want, but you'll find if your opponents roll a 9 or better to wound, all those traits don't matter. You're out of action. Our videos are full of "heroes" who were gunned down in the first turn, while some lowly 1 trait Regular wins the game.

Yep, last week my Leader in our Galactic Heroes Star Wars game was a Veteran (D12), Lightning fast, Deadeye with team trait killer, who was wearing light armour. She was put out of action in the very first turn when an enemy figure shot her rolling a natural 10 (no armour save) followed by a 9 (out of action) dropping her instantly. she failed the lightning fast save roll. So yeah, they can go down just as easily as a regular with a well placed shot.

Its what makes the game such fun or not when your hero goes down in the first turn... lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 07:43:14 PM »
Thanks Baron (I've watched your videos) and the rest for keeping me in line!!!

I played thru 3 turns this morning but had to stop and go to a doctor's appt.  So far I think I've got the hang of it, although I took the Jokers out of the deck and will put them back in the next shuffle.

FISTFUL!!!  Got it   o_o

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
Re: Fistful Of Lead Reloaded 2nd Edition???
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 09:34:31 PM »
Only put the Jokers in if you have a function for them.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 02:05:05 AM »
Jaye,
        Since you are here, I’ll ask.  I’m not sure if I’ve been handling this wrong.  Does a figure need to spend actions to change direction?

Offline BaronVonJ

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • the Baron's Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 01:39:37 PM »
Nick,
read the movement section: "A figure can make any number of turns or face changes during the course of its movement. However, if a model comes within 1” of an enemy it must stop and Close Combat ensues."
We also mention there is no facing, so the direction a character is facing wouldn't matter anyway.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »
Got it, thanks.  That’s what I get for reading every other sentence!

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 12:59:59 PM »
Yep, last week my Leader in our Galactic Heroes Star Wars game was a Veteran (D12), Lightning fast, Deadeye with team trait killer, who was wearing light armour. She was put out of action in the very first turn when an enemy figure shot her rolling a natural 10 (no armour save) followed by a 9 (out of action) dropping her instantly. she failed the lightning fast save roll. So yeah, they can go down just as easily as a regular with a well placed shot.

Its what makes the game such fun or not when your hero goes down in the first turn... lol

LOL...My main guy made it thru 4 turns but that was it.  I was having some awful rolls on the good guy side.  3 out of 5 figures had at least 1 Shaken marker within 4 turns with the leader KIA!!!  Good thing Peg Leg Pete had only 1 good leg, it slowed him down enough he didn't make it to the fight in time!!!

I started using 5 figures on each side but decided to play with just 2 each side until I feel comfortable with the rules.

I printed out all the markers needed but ordered 2 sets of each in plastic(?) yesterday.  I found the printed out on paper markers were too difficult to pick up without bending them.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 01:40:30 PM »
LOL...My main guy made it thru 4 turns but that was it.  I was having some awful rolls on the good guy side.  3 out of 5 figures had at least 1 Shaken marker within 4 turns with the leader KIA!!!  Good thing Peg Leg Pete had only 1 good leg, it slowed him down enough he didn't make it to the fight in time!!!

I started using 5 figures on each side but decided to play with just 2 each side until I feel comfortable with the rules.

I printed out all the markers needed but ordered 2 sets of each in plastic(?) yesterday.  I found the printed out on paper markers were too difficult to pick up without bending them.

Start small and build up from there. When we started playing we didn't use the traits. we just played straight up d10 figures to get used to the mechanics. Adding the traits later was easy as we knew how to play and then personalising the figures really started to add flavour. We haven't looked back yet. Playing a Star Wars campaign at present with multiple linked scenarios. The characters realy start to take on personalities as they gain additional traits, equipment, new team mates etc.  I recommend giving that a go once you are happy with the game.

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 02:48:48 PM »
Start small and build up from there. When we started playing we didn't use the traits. we just played straight up d10 figures to get used to the mechanics. Adding the traits later was easy as we knew how to play and then personalising the figures really started to add flavour. We haven't looked back yet. Playing a Star Wars campaign at present with multiple linked scenarios. The characters realy start to take on personalities as they gain additional traits, equipment, new team mates etc.  I recommend giving that a go once you are happy with the game.

EXCELLENT idea!!!  Peg Leg Pete will be pleased  :D

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 05:23:56 PM »
Here's another suggestion, not a must, but...
Don't play with a normal pack of cards, the dedicated card sets adds to the ambiance, thingy!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 02:21:52 AM »
Here's another suggestion, not a must, but...
Don't play with a normal pack of cards, the dedicated card sets adds to the ambiance, thingy!

:-*

They came with the new rule book set!!!  YeeHaw, I am ambianced out!!!

Offline Dubar

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2023, 04:12:13 PM »
I'm playing without using any "Traits", as suggested by Malamute, and it's been great so far.  Speeds up and simplifies things quite a bit.  I'll start using the Traits once I'm comfortable with how the game is played.

I had 1 turn where one of the BGs (Bad Guys) got a Wound and Down marker.  Being he was also at the top of a staircase landing I decided he had to use the "Falling off the roof" rule and throw 1D10 to what happens.  Of course he rolled a 9, and fell off the landing onto the ground, OUCH!!!

So he gets another Wound marker...but does he also get another Down marker???