Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:46:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690903
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hasslefree Hassles Again  (Read 2028 times)

Online armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Hasslefree Hassles Again
« on: September 08, 2023, 06:33:43 PM »
Placed a small order with Hasslefree six weeks ago and still not received it and had no reply to a number of emails sent chasing it up.

Has anyone else has any issues recently?

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Re: Hasslefree Hassles Again
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 07:03:18 PM »
I've not ordered anything recently, but did back their last kickstarter and that's been delayed as they've struggling with health issues, this Arty's last update from the kickstarter from last week, so I'm not surprised people may have issues:

Hi Everyone.

Weird time of day for the update, I'll explain why at the bottom.

So as you may have guessed (or read on FB), my whole 'I'm better' thing was a little premature and there were some added complications for my illness and overdose.

This led to the main business falling behind and that's what I had to catch up upon comping back to work (Sal is also off sick at the moment so I have been covering the FB page, which again some of you may have seen).

In between I have resolved, I believe, the issues of the pledge manager and we should be good to go this week barring catastrophe. I'll be honest, it'll likely be the weekend as a) it's just a better time to launch something and b) gives me a few extra days to run tests.

(There is a possibility it'll go sooner as it seems determined to send out an unnecessary 'survey' that I have been trying and failing to turn off, so I may have to send that out to move on with the rest of the fulfilment. I'll look into it more tomorrow)

Last thing we want is to have it not work properly and spend ages sorting out people's choices etc.

I am currently back working full time hours, however those hours are not on a normal schedule. The side effects of my illness have not completely gone and are exacerbating my permanent condition which has played holy hell with any ability to sleep normally. Which would be why this update is at midday and not the usual early evening for such things. Ill be asleep when the normal update would have gone out and Kickstarter doesn't allow timed updates.

We do have temp help in for the actual fulfilment, so we should be all sorted to start fulfilling the resin pledges the middle of this month and working onwards to metal and those who are waiting for the 3d sculpted unlocks.

Trust me, this is just as annoying for us as for you. We want to get on with our other planned projects, we have boxes of sorted and paid for minis just sat here doing nothing etc. Illness sucks, but why it may have delayed the project, that's all it's done :)

Let's get this finished!

Art.

Online armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 08:02:44 PM »
Okay thanks MTG for the update.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 08:39:40 PM »
I don't blame people in the least for shying away from Hasslefree these days, but at the same time poor buggers can't seem to win for trying.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 01:47:52 AM »
Yeah this goes back well over a decade now. I like the models I do have from them. But I have never not had a hassle, when it comes to getting my orders.  :(
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 09:29:00 AM »
Still no sign of the order and no responses to emails.

I have asked for the order to be cancelled now.

Online dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 09:55:48 AM »
Yeah this goes back well over a decade now. I like the models I do have from them. But I have never not had a hassle, when it comes to getting my orders.  :(

This is exactly my experience.  So now I no longer visit the website or buy from them.   
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline tikitang

• Mad Scientist
  • A shadow out of time...
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 10:01:56 AM »
What exactly is the 'hassle' that 'Hasslefree' was claiming to be free from?

The name implies there's a hassle normally associated with miniatures which they're exempt from (though apparently not).
https://a-descent-into-the-maelstrom.blogspot.com/

"The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything."

- Chuck Palahniuk

Online armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 10:19:48 AM »
The order just arrived this morning! But it had taken nearly two months and no answers to the emails I sent.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 10:45:32 AM »
What exactly is the 'hassle' that 'Hasslefree' was claiming to be free from?

The name implies there's a hassle normally associated with miniatures which they're exempt from (though apparently not).

As I recall, the company name’s derived from the old Hasslefriesian user name/character name that Kev used. To be fair, their customer service was excellent in the early days when Sally was well enough to run it full time. She ran a very tight ship.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 03:57:28 AM »
Yeah. Early on they were great.
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2023, 04:59:41 AM »
Yeah. Early on they were great.

It is indeed a sad story of a fall from grace, but since the original order that prompted this thread arrived, I'll close it to avoid it from spiralling into another interminable speculative meander of little tangible use.