Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:17:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690381
  • Total Topics: 118327
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conquistadors and Incas project *Update: Conquistador command added (19 Jan)  (Read 40465 times)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Conquistador command group by Eureka:

Sorry about the photos. The light isn't great today, but I wanted to get these out as I finished these last week but was still fiddling with the standard (which I'm still not entirely happy with - yes, I know it's not quite level; this is the first standard of this type I've ever done). Anyway, another set ticked off the list!

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
I thought you said you were going to spend more time on these ones? ;D

My biggest gripe, and it is only a very tiny one at that, with the standard is that it is flat. I would bend a few curves into it which may hide the level issue a little too (which did not strike me and even after you pointed it out still looks fine to me)

Much niceness, yet again.

And I don't mind you posting these as I have no interest in Spaniards in slashed nappies and kettle pots
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Jolly nice old boy. I like the standard very much, as Svennn says perhaps a few bends, I am not bothered by the slight angle. I think it adds movement to it anyway. Top stuff :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Jolly nice ... Top stuff :)

Indeed! Very nice! 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Nicely done. Makes me reconsider those figures. :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Wow, nice work indeed. I particularly like the banner, it's São Jorge/ St George isn't it? Happens to be my son's name (Jorge) as well. :)
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Nicely done Paul... Your collection is growing  :)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
Ahhh,it's nice to see other folks are interested in this period as well.I work quite a bit in earth tones and I wanted to set out of the box and hence.......Aztecs!I purchased the very nice Foundry line and sculpts are great! :-*
I'm looking forward to following your progress. :)

Cheers
Christopher

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
They look great. If you think the banner needs corrected I have had success with lightly painting the back with a 1 part PVA to 1 part water mix and then forming it to the shape I want. Takes some practice though - try it on something else first, that banner is too nice to risk messing up.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
The fighting priest  :-* like that guy alot.

great stuff keep it coming

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Hi , I'm just wondering how this project is coming along as I have recently been buying Conquistadors and have a book from Foundry on its way.
Not sure when I'm going to paint anything though as I'm just in a collecting mood.

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Hi , I'm just wondering how this project is coming along as I have recently been buying Conquistadors and have a book from Foundry on its way.
Not sure when I'm going to paint anything though as I'm just in a collecting mood.

Hello - nearly missed this post of yours, sorry!

The Conquistador project is on temporary hold. It was going swimmingly until I started a Spanish unit and got halfway through and realised that I had chosen terrible colours. So, they're on the shelf awaiting repaints, and unfortunately for them other stuff keeps elbowing its way to the front of the queue...

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
This army really is excellent.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
Thanks for the reply Oxiana , I went through the whole thread just to reread and look at the pictures.
I hope you find inspiration soon.