Forum > Adventures in the Far East

Re: 3D 28mm Japanese Samurai range...test prints....UPDATED 4 March 2024 page 3

(1/7) > >>

ARKOUDAKI:
So I have been helping a talented 3D designer, Carl Haglund (Hokusa Designs), on a Japanese Samurai 28mm model project that he intends to release via a Kickstarter campaign later this year.

Carl sent me over some charging Ashigaru foot soldiers, and I printed them up as a test.

Overall, this looks to be a great range and I am looking forward to putting them together...but time is short this week so they will have to wait.
In the meantime, enjoy the photos.

clibinarium:
Been following this with interest for months now; looking forward to the campaign. Carl does great work. When I saw his previews I decided not to proceed with my own samurai project as they would just overlap.

Curious as to what kind of resin you've used here- its quite dark?  I've used craftsman resin for printing master figures, but I do worry about it being strong enough for use for wargame figures on the table.

ARKOUDAKI:
Yes, it looks like a really promising new range, one where you can print out loads of rank and file!

As for the resin, I use a cocktail mix of Siraya Tech Navy Grey and their Tenacious (80-20 mix) and it works really well. Since starting in 3D I have tried a lot of resins, and some are really bad, claiming to be 'ABS like' but being really brittle in reality....but this mix works well, yields great definition and has a lot of durability.

I will make weapons like long spears and such using resin spear tips with brass rod, and Carl has done these for this range too...they are in the container on the photos but underneath the sashimonos....but will get made soon!   ;D

peachey_c:
Excellent prints, look forward to seeing more  8)

ARKOUDAKI:
Just to give you an idea of what they will look like, here is a 3D render of them as a group, Ashigaru charging with command. Just bare in mind this is an older photo and the models are very much a WIP. 🙂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version