Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Issues with The Little Corporal?  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
Issues with The Little Corporal?
« on: September 27, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »
Has anyone had recent contact with anyone from The Little Corporal, or any orders received? Mrs Doodler placed an order with them back in December 2022 but we never received it. She sent an email at the end of January but got no response. We then saw a note on the website about lack of stock, so were willing to wait for them to come in (Splintered Light, so understandably that might take a little while).

When the date came and went when the restock was due without any delivery or contact, I sent an email in June and heard back from Richard that he'd had health issues. He said that he'd follow up with an update on the order status. I have heard nothing from them since, and have tried getting hold of someone by email, voicemail and website contact form but so far no joy.

I understand that one-man operations are particularly vulnerable to health and have been willing to give leeway as a result, but am rather frustrated with the lack of contact.

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
Re: Issues with The Little Corporal?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 03:41:44 PM »
I do not know anything.  However, I have followed them on Insta, and there have been some hints and oblique references that things have been tough the last few months for a lot of reasons.
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 09:54:45 PM »
I figured as much, but wouldn't have minded a response instead of one of the seemingly hourly updates on Facebook.

But contact has been made, possibly prompted by an intervention from someone on another forum. Here's hoping a resolution follows. Would rather not have had to have logged back in to Facebook after the best part of a decade, but I'll take what I can get!

Offline pieface paul

• Assistant
  • International man of mystery
    • Pauls Wargames Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 09:47:15 PM »
I'm getting nowhere with the man, he promised me a refund a couple of weeks back and now he is ignoring my messages.

He has money to buy stock in but he is dodging paying me what he owes me. I shouldn't have to keep chasing him but I will!.
Enough of this talking, let's get on.

Offline pieface paul

• Assistant
    • Pauls Wargames Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 12:50:42 PM »
My refund came through today.

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • I'd rather be gaming!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 07:49:14 AM »
I'm afraid I'm having issues too.  He seems to be posting on Facebook without any trouble but is incapable of answering emails?!  I have a 'pending' order, money has been taken, no clue if I'm going to get it, and don't want to order from somewhere else in case it does get fulfilled.  Plus of course he has taken my money!.  I'll let you know how it goes but suggest nobody places an order unless you have a way to verify it will get delivered. 

Offline pieface paul

• Assistant
    • Pauls Wargames Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 01:05:45 PM »
Hi Dean,
I was given the tip by another of his customers to use Facebook Messenger as the best way to contact him.
I joined Facebook solely for that purpose and it did work, eventually.
Good luck.

Offline Dean

• Scientist
  • I'd rather be gaming!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 01:17:01 PM »
My issues have been resolved, part order in the post, part refund.  I'll now be dealing directly with Splintered Light and can breathe a sigh of relief as I am really looking forward to the project - Keep an eye on the Fantasy threads  ;)

Offline Muddypaw

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2023, 01:37:26 AM »
Yet another customer waiting eternally for a reply or actual miniatures (flying pig incoming). Illness, ok, it happens. I’ve made several orders with Hasslefree but the minis do actually turn up eventually.

I’ll try the Facebook route if I’ve had no reply in a week or so as that seems to get his attention.

MW

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2023, 06:21:02 AM »
My issues have been resolved, part order in the post, part refund.  I'll now be dealing directly with Splintered Light and can breathe a sigh of relief as I am really looking forward to the project - Keep an eye on the Fantasy threads  ;)

That's exactly what happened to me a few months ago with The Little Corporal, who i have to say, for a company with so many issues, they should not be advertising all over Facebook if they don't fulfil their promises and "deals".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 06:41:25 AM by Atheling »

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2023, 12:56:54 PM »
Is this The Little Corporal out in the Philippines?
If so he is the son of the now late Barry Hill originally from Chippenham UK and Falcon Figures and also runs Lurkio Figurines which seems to be undergoing ‘relaunch’.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2023, 10:10:39 PM »
The one failing to deliver an order to me is based out of Middlesbrough, UK. No idea if there's a connection.

My order has finally been refunded, anyhow. Don't think I'll be risking another year of one-sided correspondence with them, though.