Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Victrix Successor "Auxiliary" troops  (Read 1279 times)

Offline madaxeman

• Scientist
    • Madaxeman.com
28mm Victrix Successor "Auxiliary" troops
« on: September 29, 2023, 12:38:21 PM »
I've finally managed to get some of the 28mm Victrix Successors I previewed in a half-painted state a few weeks ago finished, and into the light box for some professional-grade (ahem) photos.

The context to this is that I'm building my first ever Successor/Alexandrian 28mm army, and so with a huge range of troops to choose from in Successor armies I didn't want to do my usual "try and make and spray the whole army in one go" thing, but instead break the task down into manageable chunks that I could stay motivated to complete – hence deciding to start with the "light" troops

That ended up meaning that my first (OK second – I have completed and taken photos of some test bases before now) batch of figures for this army ended up being Light Infantry, Javelinmen, Peltasts and a couple of bases of Galatian crazy heavy infantry (because, well, they are really cool figures.)

And, the results are now in, with this smattering of photos plus a whole lot more on the website at link

and to finish ….

There's a whole lot more on the website at link
Web: Madaxeman.com
On Twitter: twitter.com
On Facebook:  facebook.com
Devon holiday?: The Captains Cottage Brixham

Offline AdamPHayes

• Mad Scientist
    • Wargame Warrior
Re: 28mm Victrix Successor "Auxiliary" troops
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 10:14:25 PM »
Looking good so far. I did exactly the same thing with my first ever 28mm army. It helped that my friend Nick was building a Successor army at the same time so that we could field a force on the tabletop in half the time. I ruthlessly let Nick do the heavy lifting of painting phalanx whilst I got to have fun with Galatians, Cretan archers, Thracian, elephants and all sorts of cavalry!

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28mm Victrix Successor "Auxiliary" troops
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 10:26:40 PM »
They look great! The armies of the successors are a lot of fun, so many troop types you can mix in alongside the pikemen. Lots of potential enemies, too!