Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:12:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 6 mm Bleucher  (Read 1805 times)

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
6 mm Bleucher
« on: October 11, 2023, 04:13:20 PM »
Bleucher Austrians vs French Abensberg 1809.

The set up

Need more roads and streams!

French cuirassiers prepare to attack prepared Austrian grenadiers

The figures are ones I've based for my Lion Rampant Napoleonics.  However because they are based on 1.5 mm magnetic sheet they mount very easily onto galvanised steel "unit cards".  The steel sabots are from here https://pwsltd.square.site/.  Very friendly and prompt response.

I bought some custom sized labels the same as the sabots and printed them with the 90 degree arc, unit number and Elan (just designed on word).  I use a background of the mat printed on to blend in a little.  The tracker is the same 1.5 mm sheet with a label on.  These also indicate any special rules (eg Artillery, Skirmish, etc)

The corps marker is again the same magnetic sheet with a label. 

The anachronistic pill box is to keep the MO dice hidden!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 02:23:42 PM by jon_1066 »

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
Re: 6 mm Bleucher
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 04:19:37 PM »

This better shows the sabots and markers.  S is for Skirmish, Art is Artillery added.  The artillery base is the top one in the column threatened by the Austrian Hussars.

Some Austrian hussars and French infantry are standing in for the Bavarian 3rd Division here (which wasn't actually committed in the real battle but the French player didn't believe in keeping reserves!)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 12:48:41 PM by jon_1066 »

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 04:28:36 PM »
An earlier game of Tugen Hausen / Dunzling.

A section of the wood has been removed to make the action easier to track in the center of the field.  Tugen is to the left, Hausen to the right and Dunzling at the top.  This is the Austrian high water mark.

The French cavalry hold up IV Corps at Dunzling - was very historical.

The Austrians even had to call in the grenadiers at the end to prevent Hausen being captured.

Can post the OOBs/Scenarios if anyone is interested.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 12:49:01 PM by jon_1066 »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 06:03:11 PM »
That is a good looking game!

Like the big blocky woods - they work well at this scale rather than individual trees

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2023, 06:05:26 PM »
Looks great, was thinking the same about the woods, would be keen to know how they were made

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2023, 10:31:29 PM »
Woods:

I used a 1" mesh panel cut out and legs folded down for trees.  I then attached some hanging basket liner to the mesh using PVA then glued my clump foliage to the hanging basket liner in the same fashion.  I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.  They are tall enough to fit figures underneath.

The clump foliage is from upholstery foam died green with poster paints.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 05:37:26 AM »
Very nice. My mates and I are just starting Napoleonics in 6mm and Blucher is one of our candidate rulesets. I'm intrigued by your buildings. Where do they come from?

Thanks

Offline Kikuchiyo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
Woods:

I used a 1" mesh panel cut out and legs folded down for trees.  I then attached some hanging basket liner to the mesh using PVA then glued my clump foliage to the hanging basket liner in the same fashion.  I am pretty happy with how they have turned out.  They are tall enough to fit figures underneath.

The clump foliage is from upholstery foam died green with poster paints.

Thanks thats a neat solution

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 03:55:28 PM »
Very nice. My mates and I are just starting Napoleonics in 6mm and Blucher is one of our candidate rulesets. I'm intrigued by your buildings. Where do they come from?

Thanks

They are from here:

https://www.grundschule-pretzschendorf.de/en/Our_village/paper_models.html

Printed out at A5 then mounted on thin card before cutting out.

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2023, 07:54:52 PM »
Some also from here:

http://www.kaukapedia.com/index.php?title=Bastelbogen:_Romantische_Altstadt

These are from an old German magazine from god knows when with a bunch of old style German town buildings.  They are really good (if a little intricate in places) and you can print them at any scale you want. 

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2023, 12:36:51 PM »
The next installment in 1809 moves to Italy - Sacile. Played at the Lost Legion club.  The initial set up:

The Army of Italy is attacking from the the right against Austrian Advanced guard and VIII corps on the left.

It is an intriguing battle because Eugene launched an attack against a numerically superior foe because his intelligence was lacking.  How to re-create that in a scenario? Luckily neither player knew much about the battle so it was achieved by setting the French as the attackers with the town of Pordenone (top left) as their objective and the Austrians had their IX Corps available as reinforcements from Turn 7.

The French duly launched their attack up their right wing through the wooded gullies exactly as Eugene had in 1809.  They had their high water mark capturing Palse and Porcia but the Austrian reinforcements made the difference and stabilised their left.

I allowed the French to have the chance of receiving their own reinforcements (that never arrived in history) to give them some chance once the weight of IX corps hit them.  With a reinforcement rating of 7 they managed to roll a 1 on their third attempt giving them two cavalry and two infantry units on turn 13 arriving from Sacile.

The finale of the battle was therefore the cavalry clash on the French left.  This was decided on the last turn with the French losing by reaching their break point.  The Austrian were one unit away having narrowly avoided losing their last unit the turn before - a close run thing. 

(The dynamic Adler hussars get the better of the static Baccus cavalry!)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 02:24:19 PM by jon_1066 »

Offline PaulRPetri

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2023, 09:51:47 PM »
Thanks very much for the tip on the paper buildings!! I am just now starting my Blucher armies and these are perfect!!

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2023, 11:59:59 PM »
I’m a big fan of Mustafa’s rule’s , especially Blucher. Very interesting what you’ve done with the templates. I’d certainly like to see your OOB’s and Scenarios.

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2023, 07:37:28 AM »
Lovely, being able to play out a proper road net and stream system on the table looks fantastic.

Offline jon_1066

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 02:28:51 PM »
I’m a big fan of Mustafa’s rule’s , especially Blucher. Very interesting what you’ve done with the templates. I’d certainly like to see your OOB’s and Scenarios.

Thanks.  I've added the scenarios and maps to the three battle reports if you would like to see them.