Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690758
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Painting Critique - Dash Eartop and Loryn Stormblade  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
Looking for Painting Critique - Dash Eartop and Loryn Stormblade
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:59 AM »
Here are two Reaper figures I modded, painted, and made Fantastic Worlds stats for.  I'm interested in some fairly merciless critique on my painting, if you fellows would be so kind.  I may have posted Loryn already, and I crossposted everything below on The Speakeasy as well.

---

Dash Eartop, exile from the Annouri courts, and dashing hero extraordinaire:  Why, only last week he singlehandedly rescued Loryn Stormblade (lovely young woman and very heroic, but not all that strong) from a ravaging Arkleheimer Beast with nothing but a half-drained raygun battery!

Grade 3 Star Commander - Raygun, long blade, Fencing+1, Killer Instinct, Dead Shot, Nimble, Genius+1, Pilot+1, Flaw (Show off - Pass a BRAINS test whenever he rolls a natural 10 or else lose the next actionposing for the applause that Really Should Be Happening Why Isn't It), Virtue (Chivalrous - MUST aid female allies in combat)

Loryn Stormblade, courtesan, quester, warrior, sometime cripple:  More serious than Dash, and definitely not romantically involved with him, he nevertheless crosses her path at all the right moments and sticks around for all the wrong ones.

G2 First Officer - Pistol(Energy - Stun Ray), Reflective Shield, Pilot (+1), Flaw (Childhood Injuries): -2 BRAWN
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
Re: Looking for Painting Critique - Dash Eartop and Loryn Stormblade
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:22:37 AM »
For Dash
Great Job on the armor and cloak, those are my favorite parts of the model.  And now we get to the rest.  The flesh tones seem rather flat on the figure, the Face looks like it could use some more highlighting.  Also this could just be the shot in particular, but it doesn't look like he has eyes.  It could be squinting, but by my perspective I don't see em.  That been said, the flesh on his Right Hand is great.  It looks like more layers of flesh were used there, the definition between the fingers are clear.  His Left Hand lacks the definition of his right, the fingers gripping the raygun look like a blob; there should be some darker contrasts between them.

Loryn Stormblade
Like Flash the armor and clothing are the best part of the mini.  The back of the cape doesn't look quite as smooth as the rest of the clothing however.  She has the eyes that her friend may be lacking.  I was thinking they were a little big, but this is a fantasy alien warrioress we are talking about.  The fleshtone of her face is fairly dark when compared to her hands.  They almost seem to match the creamy color of her outfit, is she supposed to be wearing gloves?

other than that, I wouldn't mind a few more shots of each of them from diffrent angles.  There isn't a good veiw of Loryn face, and I'm curious what the green on Dash's color is.
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler