Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:01:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 789
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Plastic soldier Company 28mm Russians Question  (Read 3810 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Plastic soldier Company 28mm Russians Question
« on: October 19, 2023, 09:58:12 PM »
Hi,

Ive just been onto the Plastic Soldier Company website (its been a while) looking for their 28mm Russian range but its not there? I assume they no longer make them? It would be a shame as I could use some cheap Russians...

Any idea what happened? Thanks in advance

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Plastic soldier Company 28mm Russians Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 10:05:57 PM »
Where are you based?
If it is in the UK I'll look & see if I have any spare.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 10:11:51 PM »
Hi has.been I'm in Lancashire. I thought I would start gathering together some figures for the colder months as I normally do but was rather surprised to discover they were no longer on the PSC website! If you have some for sale that would be handy

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 10:18:38 PM »
I'll look tomorrow.
Is it just the Plastics, or do you want any metal?

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 10:22:35 PM »
I was just looking for a few infantry and the supporting MG... all plastic. Anything turning up at all would be a bonus as its just for a small Bolt Action force.

Offline SJWi

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 05:59:15 AM »
I must admit I didn't think Plastic Solder Company produced 28mm. I thought they only made 15 and 20mm for WW2, plus 10mm for 1980s NORTHAG.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 06:05:43 AM »
They used to make Russian 28mm Infantry, artillery and infantry support. I thought they were decent figures to be honest... I sold mine then thought I would have another go at them but fate has decided otherwise it seems

Offline Eclaireur

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 09:54:03 AM »
hi there,
yes you're right they did make them. When I put together a Russian force about 2 years ago, I looked on their website and couldn't find them. I emailed the company and they said they did have them, so that's what I would recommend.
In the end I went elsewhere for my infantry but bought the PSC box with the 45mm anti-tank guns. Good value and some nice added bits like ammo boxes, shells. The crews a bit blobby though...
EC

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
Yes Eclaireur the artillery and support weapons are really handy. I'm only making a few units for Bolt Action but I may end up contating PSC.

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2023, 06:29:25 PM »
I found this link that shows they have the heavy weapons in stock but not the infantry or AT guns.  I agree, contact PSC directly and see how they respond.
https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/28mm-russian-heavy-weapons-2/
https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/28mm-russian-infantry-in-summer-uniform-2/
https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product/28mm-russian-45mm-anti-tank-gun-2/

The PSC Russian form the basis of my WWII Red Army, I think they are great; too bad they never followed up with any 28mm miniatures for other armies.

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2023, 06:31:12 PM »
Thanks for this Will. The support troops will be most useful anyway. Very odd as I thought this range would have been very popular. Thank you again, I will look now

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 09:13:24 PM »
Thanks for this Will. The support troops will be most useful anyway. Very odd as I thought this range would have been very popular. Thank you again, I will look now

Having been pretty close to PSC when this was released....it was anything but popular, sadly. People stuck to metals and they would not sell. Hence Will never tried anything again in 28mm and stuck to 20mm and 15mm. Send them an email, they might have some left.
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2023, 11:03:14 PM »
I wrote a thing about their 28mm Soviet guns pack, which are rather cool for the price.

https://www.battlebrushstudios.com/2015/08/review-45mm-anti-tank-gun-by-plastic.html

The infantry figures weren't great, but serviceable enough, and at least the pack came with enough crewmen and extras like ammo and so on. So yeah, if I was you I'd contact PSC and ask if they have any spares. Not sure I'd get the 28mm infantry, because especially for skirmishy stuff where the main platoon is your core force you field all the time I'd still get metals. Well, or the Warlord plastics, if need be, but I'm not a huge fan of those either.

If you're interested, I wrote something comparing the Warlord plastics and Black Tree Design's 28mm Soviet infantry:
https://www.battlebrushstudios.com/2014/01/review-warlord-games-red-army-infantry.html

Since then I also got some Conqueror Soviets (perfectly fine), Artizan (very nice; my favourites aside of Black Tree Design. Chunky, but if you're OK with that it's cool.) and Bad Squiddo ones (very nice for adding the occasional group of ladies). Originally I got a platoon of Warlord plastics because they had a sprues sale, but I since mostly replaced them with metals. I think it's worth it with such smaller platoon-level forces, but if you wanna go cheap (although they aren't really cheap any more), the Warlord ones will do. The weapons on them are a bit insanely long though. :D Especially since most rifles got bayonets mounted. And how that DP LMG I made hasn't snapped its barrel so far I have no idea. I'm okay with a stubbier rifle honestly and these Warlord Russians illustrate why it's not the worst idea.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 11:07:43 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2023, 11:44:55 PM »
The anti-tank and infantry guns are grand little models and well worth what was a moderate outlay. The rest, the infantry and MGs were softer in detail than the old Airfix set. I had a box and chopped most of them up as conversions. Naturally tastes vary and it is a pity to see them deleted but not altogether surprising as without any opposition, they can't have shifted many units.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo